Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get an ep this year?

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Since it's still close enough to a new year, I will make a prediction like a physic psychic (lol) Yes, you get an EP this year, but it will be earlier than the normal fall releases so far, because I predict it's the last one and this game ends this fall. That is my prediction, now, let's wait to see if my crystal ball is wonked or shining clearly. :p

Why would they end now? You forget they just started up consoles that use our pc versions and adapt to console versions using only the newest consoles that some players may have bought just to play this game - add to that the mobile Sims 4 is not even released yet to the general public and still in test stage - which also uses our pc games to make packs for - oh and I also heard it is being groomed to work with mobile devices and phones not even released yet. Keep in mind - they (EA), had said over a year and a half ago there would be no console or mobile version - we had heard it was due to poorish sales of Sims 4 - and then all of a sudden sells started picking up. Not only picked up but went through the roof - even before toddlers and Vamps came out. Never mind sells amped when toddlers and Vamps came out.

I follow the stock market as my family invest in a lot of Technology stocks including EA - and saw it happening, never mind EA deciding to invest in not one but two new studios - one to do with the newest coming consoles and the other that covered the newest coming mobile devices - with The Sims 4 as one of the main focuses for both these devices and these studios. Not only working with them or making them just partners, but building them new studios, hiring them even more personnel as well as hiring key - highly experienced well known people in our Maxis offices in both Mobile and console for Sims 4. The investment was huge - the personnel hired for the big. big bucks - and you really think this is the last year for Sims 4? Really?

Believe me EA is not making this huge investment - and I do mean huge - just to end a game they are still building up for what looks like the long haul. Every interview the CEO tells a majorly different story, never mind the big investors approve of these moves to expand the game - not end it. Do you think for a minute these top investors (keep in mind these investors are huge names - the biggest in the stock market) would even allow all this money to go down the drain and this game suddenly stop? If you believe that - you know nothing about investors and the stock market. The way it works is if the stock investors are happy - the company is happy - and that is number 1. No matter what all the former games did it becomes a big rule changer when the biggest names in Wall Street are investing in your company and approve of the moves your company is doing.

The more devices they connect to - the more customers that game gets. More customers, more sells. The happier the investor.

Do you really think they could just cut off the main game that all the devices depend on to further their games - especially one that just started in November and the other not even released yet? I don't. Every thing to me points in the direction about longer shelf life Andrew has talked about for the past year. All this tells me it is not over by a long shot now that other devices depend on our pc game to make their games. Keep in mind in the past Sims games mobile and console started shortly after the pc game came out. Also EA just partnered with those companies - not invested in them and definitely did not buy them out and build them new studios - never mind implant people at Maxis for those studios like they are doing now.

Both studios use new methods for turning the pc version of the game into mobile and console versions - seems to me EA bought them to own these new ways. Unlike previous mobile and console that had teams making their games which was often very different than the pc version - which did not always make players very happy - as they wanted what we have. Now they have it. Our versions are necessary this go round for their versions to be made. EA invested big time this go round inadvertently making our game more necessary than ever. Logically I cannot for a minute see why or even how they would even consider this year being the end of Sims 4 when it has just started and about to start for other devices that need us unlike any other Sims game previously. Logic tells me that will not happen. It is illogical if it did happen.

While I agree the game isn’t ending this year, you are kind of looking at TS4’s rerelease on console as a reset to the hourglass. The game is still 3 years old, and rereleasing the same content a second time doesn’t change that. I also don’t think console Sims 4 will be a smash hit like PC. The DLC is way over priced. To be completely honest, I highly doubt anyone bought a console just to play The Sims 4. If that kind of money was available it would make way more sense to buy a decent PC and grab the game and way more DLC; most of which goes on sale constantly.

The mobile game isn’t Sims 4. I remember Maxis making that clear awhile ago, they said it’s completely independent of the PC game. They reuse select content, but it’s not geared toward being Sims 4 in any way.
    TS4 for consoles was released only a couple of months ago and it already has 1 EP, 1 GP and 4 SPs. So EA is re-releasing PC expansions for the console version very fast. This also strongly indicates 2 things:
    1. The new technic makes it very fast and easy for EA to transfer the earlier PC expansions to the console version.
    2. EA wants the console version to catch up with the PC version as fast as possible such that EA can stop both versions soon and at the same time (most likely in 2019).

2 GPS on the console now. Dine Out came today.
    Yes. But that just proves my points even more:
    1. EA releases expansions for the console version much faster than for the PC version because those expansions are now cheap to make and because EA wants as many of them released for the console version too as possible before the next PC game is announced or released.
    2. Even so EA has never guaranteed that all the PC expansions ever will be released for the console version too. So this will likely depend both on sales numbers and on if it is feasible before the Sims 4 era ends.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Since it's still close enough to a new year, I will make a prediction like a physic psychic (lol) Yes, you get an EP this year, but it will be earlier than the normal fall releases so far, because I predict it's the last one and this game ends this fall. That is my prediction, now, let's wait to see if my crystal ball is wonked or shining clearly. :p

Why would they end now? You forget they just started up consoles that use our pc versions and adapt to console versions using only the newest consoles that some players may have bought just to play this game - add to that the mobile Sims 4 is not even released yet to the general public and still in test stage - which also uses our pc games to make packs for - oh and I also heard it is being groomed to work with mobile devices and phones not even released yet. Keep in mind - they (EA), had said over a year and a half ago there would be no console or mobile version - we had heard it was due to poorish sales of Sims 4 - and then all of a sudden sells started picking up. Not only picked up but went through the roof - even before toddlers and Vamps came out. Never mind sells amped when toddlers and Vamps came out.

I follow the stock market as my family invest in a lot of Technology stocks including EA - and saw it happening, never mind EA deciding to invest in not one but two new studios - one to do with the newest coming consoles and the other that covered the newest coming mobile devices - with The Sims 4 as one of the main focuses for both these devices and these studios. Not only working with them or making them just partners, but building them new studios, hiring them even more personnel as well as hiring key - highly experienced well known people in our Maxis offices in both Mobile and console for Sims 4. The investment was huge - the personnel hired for the big. big bucks - and you really think this is the last year for Sims 4? Really?

Believe me EA is not making this huge investment - and I do mean huge - just to end a game they are still building up for what looks like the long haul. Every interview the CEO tells a majorly different story, never mind the big investors approve of these moves to expand the game - not end it. Do you think for a minute these top investors (keep in mind these investors are huge names - the biggest in the stock market) would even allow all this money to go down the drain and this game suddenly stop? If you believe that - you know nothing about investors and the stock market. The way it works is if the stock investors are happy - the company is happy - and that is number 1. No matter what all the former games did it becomes a big rule changer when the biggest names in Wall Street are investing in your company and approve of the moves your company is doing.

The more devices they connect to - the more customers that game gets. More customers, more sells. The happier the investor.

Do you really think they could just cut off the main game that all the devices depend on to further their games - especially one that just started in November and the other not even released yet? I don't. Every thing to me points in the direction about longer shelf life Andrew has talked about for the past year. All this tells me it is not over by a long shot now that other devices depend on our pc game to make their games. Keep in mind in the past Sims games mobile and console started shortly after the pc game came out. Also EA just partnered with those companies - not invested in them and definitely did not buy them out and build them new studios - never mind implant people at Maxis for those studios like they are doing now.

Both studios use new methods for turning the pc version of the game into mobile and console versions - seems to me EA bought them to own these new ways. Unlike previous mobile and console that had teams making their games which was often very different than the pc version - which did not always make players very happy - as they wanted what we have. Now they have it. Our versions are necessary this go round for their versions to be made. EA invested big time this go round inadvertently making our game more necessary than ever. Logically I cannot for a minute see why or even how they would even consider this year being the end of Sims 4 when it has just started and about to start for other devices that need us unlike any other Sims game previously. Logic tells me that will not happen. It is illogical if it did happen.

While I agree the game isn’t ending this year, you are kind of looking at TS4’s rerelease on console as a reset to the hourglass. The game is still 3 years old, and rereleasing the same content a second time doesn’t change that. I also don’t think console Sims 4 will be a smash hit like PC. The DLC is way over priced. To be completely honest, I highly doubt anyone bought a console just to play The Sims 4. If that kind of money was available it would make way more sense to buy a decent PC and grab the game and way more DLC; most of which goes on sale constantly.

The mobile game isn’t Sims 4. I remember Maxis making that clear awhile ago, they said it’s completely independent of the PC game. They reuse select content, but it’s not geared toward being Sims 4 in any way.
    TS4 for consoles was released only a couple of months ago and it already has 1 EP, 1 GP and 4 SPs. So EA is re-releasing PC expansions for the console version very fast. This also strongly indicates 2 things:
    1. The new technic makes it very fast and easy for EA to transfer the earlier PC expansions to the console version.
    2. EA wants the console version to catch up with the PC version as fast as possible such that EA can stop both versions soon and at the same time (most likely in 2019).

1. EA releases expansions for the console version much faster than for the PC version because those expansions are now cheap to make and because EA wants as many of them released for the console version too as possible before the next PC game is announced or released.
    2. Even so EA has never guaranteed that all the PC expansions ever will be released for the console version too. So this will likely depend both on sales numbers and on if it is feasible before the Sims 4 era ends.

Dine Out is a gamepack. We still only have 1 expansion on the console. We have more stuffpacks then anything. I m still waiting for Dogs and Cats to hit the consoles.

Dine Out is a gamepack. We still only have 1 expansion on the console. We have more stuffpacks then anything. I m still waiting for Dogs and Cats to hit the consoles.
    Yes. But when I wrote “expansions” instead of “EPs” it was because I meant to use “expansions” to mean “EPs + GPs + SPs”. In this sense the console version gets “expansions” much faster than the PC Version ever did.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm sure we'll get an EP this year but SimGuruJM is leaving so I wonder who they will get to fill his spot.

What does he produce?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Yes. But when I wrote “expansions” instead of “EPs” it was because I meant to use “expansions” to mean “EPs + GPs + SPs”. In this sense the console version gets “expansions” much faster than the PC Version ever did.

If you meant EPs, GPs and SPs then you should have said "packs" as expansions are normally meant to mean EPs.

Packs come out faster for the console because they have already been built for PCs. All they need to do is tweak them for the difference between a PC and a console.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm sure we'll get an EP this year but SimGuruJM is leaving so I wonder who they will get to fill his spot.

What does he produce?

He was a producer for the expansions.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If you meant EPs, GPs and SPs then you should have said "packs" as expansions are normally meant to mean EPs.
    But GPs and SPs are expansions too. Just with other names because they are smaller and because EA doesn’t want them to be confused with the EPs.
    Packs come out faster for the console because they have already been built for PCs. All they need to do is tweak them for the difference between a PC and a console.
    The speed of the releases is still mainly about market considerations. EA could release all the packs much faster for all platforms if EA wanted this because EA has a huge number of both developers and studios. But EA doesn’t think that sales numbers then would become high enough to make it worth it.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

What does he produce?

Worlds

What does he produce?

Worlds

I wonder who will do the worlds now.

What does he produce?

Worlds

I wonder who will do the worlds now.

Probably somebody else. He was a producer so he just managed the world building team, they are still able to produce worlds for the game just the same.

But GPs and SPs are expansions too. Just with other names because they are smaller and because EA doesn’t want them to be confused with the EPs.
    The speed of the releases is still mainly about market considerations. EA could release all the packs much faster for all platforms if EA wanted this because EA has a huge number of both developers and studios. But EA doesn’t think that sales numbers then would become high enough to make it worth it.

When you say expansion most people think of EP's not GP's and SP's, but they are all packs. It's best to be clear to avoid these types of conversations.

When you say expansion most people think of EP's not GP's and SP's, but they are all packs. It's best to be clear to avoid these types of conversations.
    Okay. I will try to be more clear :)

Okay. I will try to be more clear :)

And I'll try to be less opinionated! LOL! Wish me luck! :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    He built BB and helped with CL's world according to what he posted - and helped out on toddlers and Vamps. Daniel worked on worlds too, along with several others. They have a lot of good artists to be sure.

But he did an amazing job on BB.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully with him now gone we can get homes again connected to the road with sidewalks BB was ridiculous overpass over one of the houses yet no road connection to the house.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

What does he produce?

Worlds

Hate to see him go then, I liked a lot of the worlds in TS4, especially WB and the spice district in CL.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Do you think we'll get an ep this year?
    Yes - the question is will we be able to afford it.

By the time an EP arrives it might be the same price as the current cost of a small family car.

What does he produce?

Worlds

Hate to see him go then, I liked a lot of the worlds in TS4, especially WB and the spice district in CL.

IMHO less management overhead is a good thing. Does someone really need to be a producer exclusively for the worlds? I certainly don’t think so. It’s not like they are making large maps, or even complex maps. Over two-thirds of every map is just decoration. I think the people building them will survive, and hopefully get someone in charge that will cut the massive amounts of decoration the former gurus worlds overused.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2018

Why would they end it now? They aren't are they? I said my crystal ball is fuzzy, but I predict it does end in 2018 and may even get lucky for one more pack early in 2019, but c'mon, it's not TS3, they have to pull the plug sooner or later. And why not this year? If they release an Adventure pack (vacation) and a weather pack no sense in trying to add cars, or colleges, college can be handled over a pc in the home these days, and I think they would go that direction since they like to over use the pc for everything in TS4.

Console version will probably be more profitable than TS4 PC version, it's what I see, I said let's wait and see. New stuff on the horizon, and not all about TS4. :D

You're right, its not TS3 so people like you should quit pretending its going to follow even close to the same time line ;) they already said its going to be a "living game" and as such last longer than previous ones. They are going to milk it for as long as humanly possible and you'll probably still be saying "this is the last year" three years from now. People dont seem to actually listen when companies tell you their plans. They just hear what they want to hear and get angry or disappointed when their fantasy world isnt reality
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think now Pets is out of the way, there may be a chance we’ll get 2, since it was confirmed that the EP had been worked on since the start of the game.

Surely that means that either the team who worked on Pets are able to join the EP team or they were already on the EP team and so they will be able to work on a second project.

Honestly, as long as we get 2 Game Packs a year I’m fine with one EP.

2 Game Packs provide more variety and a simple amount of content as one EP so I’m fine with that.

People ask for 2 EPs a year, forgetting Game Packs exist.

I like all that you have said here in your posts. Additionally, I kind of think you are thinking in the right direction. Makes a lot of sense, though none of us actually know. Still it seems plausible the way you have said it. Anyways, I for one am hoping we will get two game packs this year, especially since one is bound to be some sort of supernatural theme, which I won't buy and I never do, just because that is not my style of play. So, I am definitely going to need another one that does suit my play ;)
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

What does he produce?

Worlds

IMHO less management overhead is a good thing. Does someone really need to be a producer exclusively for the worlds? I certainly don’t think so. It’s not like they are making large maps, or even complex maps. Over two-thirds of every map is just decoration. I think the people building them will survive, and hopefully get someone in charge that will cut the massive amounts of decoration the former gurus worlds overused.

I don't know. I mean aside from the decorations and lots that they put in those worlds they also add details. Each worlds also had in-depth stories besides it which connects the neighborhoods between those worlds. With the secrets they put in their worlds, I had a feeling that aside from building worlds, they also integrate stories behind it, and expanding the stories they introduced in the base game. I think after they created the "mystery/story" in the world that is where they decide to design those worlds, and based the public spaces on those stories, such as the River in the Von Haunt Estate and the Cementery in Brindleton Bay.

Anyways what I am Curious about is, is it easier to create a world in The Sims 4 compared to other games? Do they also had world producers in The Sims 3?
  • beladanibeladani Posts: 61 Member
    2 expansions and 3 game packs this year would be amazing!
    pncFLnjBj

Why would they end it now? They aren't are they? I said my crystal ball is fuzzy, but I predict it does end in 2018 and may even get lucky for one more pack early in 2019, but c'mon, it's not TS3, they have to pull the plug sooner or later. And why not this year? If they release an Adventure pack (vacation) and a weather pack no sense in trying to add cars, or colleges, college can be handled over a pc in the home these days, and I think they would go that direction since they like to over use the pc for everything in TS4.

Console version will probably be more profitable than TS4 PC version, it's what I see, I said let's wait and see. New stuff on the horizon, and not all about TS4. :D

You're right, its not TS3 so people like you should quit pretending its going to follow even close to the same time line ;) they already said its going to be a "living game" and as such last longer than previous ones. They are going to milk it for as long as humanly possible and you'll probably still be saying "this is the last year" three years from now. People dont seem to actually listen when companies tell you their plans. They just hear what they want to hear and get angry or disappointed when their fantasy world isnt reality

Really I'm not ready for TS4 to end. It has some of the prettiest and bestlooking sims then any other iteration had. TS3 sims in my opinion were ugly.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2018

Really I'm not ready for TS4 to end. It has some of the prettiest and bestlooking sims then any other iteration had. TS3 sims in my opinion were ugly.

I completely agree about the art style. I also like the Sims 4 art style, but there is simply no denying (for me at least) that the quality and depth of the stuff they do release is severely lacking.

Games can be pretty to look at, but when gameplay and depth are severely missing, it's pretty much done deal.

This game could have been so much better if they only took the time and revamped a lot of the systems they introduced in Sims 4. I am not a fan of the bipolar emotion system. I would much rather have a wants/fears system like we had in Sims 2.

Sims have absolutely no personality. Traits are just an illusion. The illusion of giving your Sim a 'personality'. They do not affect gameplay apart from them experiencing some sort of emotion more often than other Sims without certain traits.

Multitasking; when good on paper, It still has its flaws. Why can Sims still not talk while fishing? Why can't sims communicate while bowling? I thought multi tasking was supposed to make this easier, not just completely get rid of that with some (social) activities.

Open world missing; Well, this is also a personal opinion, but I hate it. I feel extremely caged in TS4. I barely go off my home lot to do other stuff because of loading, loading, loading. To me it breaks the immersion of the game.

I would have been fine if they opened up the neighbourhoods, so we were able to visit lots near our lot without any loadingscreen or whatsoever. That would have been the perfect compromise to me: A closed world, but with open hoods.

But let's face the facts: It is too late for fundamental changes to the game. This game is what we get and what we're stuck with until TS5 maybe comes around and if they actually put enough time and effort and thought in that one.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Well, I do see some consequences to traits. Active sims exercise a lot on free will. But I do agree that it could've been done better, along with the emotions system.

Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the clay hair, but the somewhat cartoony art style of the sims themselves kind of grew on me. Their faces definitely look more distinct, and I love how body parts can be tweaked for the first time. And the overall appearance of their bodies based on muscle and fat is MUCH more realistic than in TS3. CAS is definitely one of Sims 4's stellar points, which is understandable because they probably didn't scrap a lot of work when they gutted Olympus's online aspect.

I'd definitely like TS5 (if there will be one) to build on S4's CAS, and reintroduce CASt, because they really have no excuse.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?