Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save as not working

gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
The save as function wont even create a copy anymore. It does nothing. I have a template save that I can't play in. I've taken out my only mod (MC Command Center) and repaired the game. Anyone know what to do?

I've also managed to write over a now unrecoverable save file. :(
Post edited by gummybear0724 on

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    How many saves do you have in your game right now? I remember overwriting save files being an issue some time ago. But it only happened with games that had loads of saves.
    Also, if you've only overwritten a save once or twice (or anything up to 5 times) you should still be able to recover it through the .verX files (X would be a number). They're the backups the game automatically keeps.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Also, make sure you have at least 1 household marked as played, I have had issues when I failed to leave an active household in my Template file before.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    How many saves do you have in your game right now? I remember overwriting save files being an issue some time ago. But it only happened with games that had loads of saves.
    Also, if you've only overwritten a save once or twice (or anything up to 5 times) you should still be able to recover it through the .verX files (X would be a number). They're the backups the game automatically keeps.

I have a lot of saves. I can go through and delete some that i don't play.
    sunblond wrote: »
    Also, make sure you have at least 1 household marked as played, I have had issues when I failed to leave an active household in my Template file before.

That's really weird that should have to be done, but I didn't have one marked. Thanks for the help, both of you.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    How many save files are we talking? I'm going on 8 right now.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

... Over a hundred.... I can't commit to a family... But I deleted quite a few, so it's working again.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

... Over a hundred.... I can't commit to a family... But I deleted quite a few, so it's working again.

Wow...that's A LOT for one game to handle.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

I've gotten rid of a lot, but keep them backed up externally now. I'm probably down to 30-40 and I'm going into older ones to see if I should delete them too.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member

I've gotten rid of a lot, but keep them backed up externally now. I'm probably down to 30-40 and I'm going into older ones to see if I should delete them too.

Holy of all that is holy of the holy sugarplum! And I thought I had a commitment issues and completion anxiety. Over 100 saved games?! I take my cap off (actually wearing one atm :smirk: ) to salute you. Never complaining about my 22 saved games no more :lol:

Glad to hear your save as is working again :smile:
    Stina1701A wrote: »

Holy of all that is holy of the holy sugarplum! And I thought I had a commitment issues and completion anxiety. Over 100 saved games?! I take my cap off (actually wearing one atm :smirk: ) to salute you. Never complaining about my 22 saved games no more :lol:

Glad to hear your save as is working again :smile:

Yeah... But I've got my template save which I'm working on, which will contain a lot of families to play and will become multiple saves.