Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Rflong7
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Rflong7

it didn't start, then i destroyed my folders, now it starts with the old save

as far i remember i never removed cache files from any TS2 game, did that always only with the next two sims games generations :tongue:

but a question for later problems, which will probably occure since i use way too many mods & cc
    which cache files do i have to remove in TS2 & where do i find them ?
    or are those only the two in the folder ? groups & accessory ?
    Those are the 2 main ones to delete. If you open Bodyshop there will be 2 more. :)

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Delete_Cache_Files

*if you just deleted the files they should be in your Trash... You could save you Neighborhoods and Downloads and any others you might have saved stuff (SavedSims/Paintings/Music/Movies.) :)

thanks for the link, i bookmarked it, just in case

& about the deleted files, it wasn't just deleted, i shredded them, i should have been more thoughtful before i started, it's done, i just hope all my sims i played are still there in the old save, that's the most important to me

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    My BACC has been going pretty well. I got 2 sims, Thomas Patio (the founder) and another sim called Sarah Petal. They had a dream date and she gave him the rose vase reward :) It's worth $55 so I could sell it, but honestly it looks so good that I think I'll keep it.

Since I got the mods and stuff so the neighborhood started out with 0 character files, the garden club chick hangs around community lots. Her name is Chloe Lilliard, and she looks really good for a randomly generated sim! She looks like a business woman lol. For story purposes, I decided to imagine that she's a good friend of my founder. She's planning to run in the upcoming SimCity election, and managed to arrange for my small town to have electricity and running water. Partly due to her good friendship with Thomas (they became best friends really fast, but their chemistry turned out really bad), and because this act can make her look like an even better person, hopefully making the people of SimCity find her more likable and vote for her.

I like it when the game manages to twist and add new elements to my stories that I wouldn't have thought of myself :)
    It manages to explain why a town with just 2 sims has perfectly good water and electricity lol.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @kanorla Sounds like a real interesting town! :D

@Rukola_Schaaf Awe, sorry that happened. Hopefully your old save will contain everything you need.

@Brindleton Nice. Sounds like your BACC is going well. :)

Oh yes, things are going pretty smoothly so far :)
    I got my two sims engaged, and in the mail they received a coupon for a free meal in a restaurant LOL this never happened to me before.

Strangely when my sim Sarah moved in to live with the founder, she brought $17,000 with her. Last time I played with her she had around $6,000 in her funds, and her net worth was around $16,000. Interesting.
    It was pretty handy actually, I used the money to build a wedding hall. I prefer to have a lot specifically for weddings, allows my poorer sims to still get a nice wedding ceremony. Now that I have this additional community lot, I can add another sim. I've been thinking of some sort of business oriented sim with the money aspiration. It will be easy for them to make money through financial advising, and my town really needs a good source of money until I unlock jobs.
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2018
    Currently playing the Levi Family to catch up to the Simoleon Family (see my post before this.) Mikey Levi went from toddler to child, met uncle John Simoleon, auntie Hannah Levi Simoleon, and his dad Don Lothario came to the birthday party too. his next birthday is 4 days away. catch up will be done once Mikey Levi is halfway through the teen life stage.
    Post edited by theFella on
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited January 2018
    Nice to read what everyone is doing in their Sims game! :smiley:

I made some more CC:

nindl_afundies.jpg
    a bunch of undies for female adults - they come in 9 recolours

nindl_afswimsuits.jpg
    and some swimsuits for female adults

You can download everything here on my blog. :)

[edited to add the swimsuits - didn't want to create a new post since noone had posted after me]
    Post edited by Nindl on
    I love the white stripe details on the purple sleep wear, and I like the pattern on the swimsuits! This CC fits into the game so well :)

Sarah and Tom got married. Chloe stopped by and helped make the wedding feel more alive, it was really nice.
    Sarah is now pregnant in my game. I'm expecting her to give birth in about 3 sim days. She accidentally started a fire but managed to extinguish it. It was really one heck of a scenario. A pregnant woman trying to extinguish a fire while her husband is just sleeping in the next room! He woke up just when she got the fire out, so he never got the "Fire!" bad memory while she did.
    The two of them have been painting stuff, but their paintings are barely worth any money. Between $2 to $40.

I'll keep playing their household until the kid/s reach the child stage. I'll then maybe build a school, and have the Education career unlocked so my town can actually get a decent flow of money.
    @Brindleton I don't remember ever receiving a coupon for a free meal before. I knew you could, maybe I did way in the past, but I certainly do not remember it happening. Nice she brought in a good chunk of change with her. Wedding chapel sounds nice, sounds like a good idea to have a sim that can make some more money for you.

@theFella Nice, sounds like you won't have to play catch up for long.

@Nindl Nice! Those look great. Seems you are having more fun making things for the game then playing it right now. :D
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    @Brindleton @JULES1111
    Thanks very much you both. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi, Everyone! :cookie:

Something funny happened .... (imo) My hired Bartender spiked the wedding cake. :lol:

v8vk8jv.jpg
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    welp. I can't find this anywhere in the web. I downloaded some pre-made non-CC Uni Worlds, but I have no idea where to put them. could someone plese tell me the way? Thank you.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    welp. I can't find this anywhere in the web. I downloaded some pre-made non-CC Uni Worlds, but I have no idea where to put them. could someone plese tell me the way? Thank you.

Hi :)

These are full made Uni sub-neighborhoods?
    I don't know... I usually make my own. Try this- http://modthesims.info/d/420924
    You would probably have to place the subhood in the proper location in your game files first. Do the folders start with U (U004)?
    This is the location of the UC Uni Subhoods - C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\EP1\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    @Rflong7

Just don't move the werewolf in and you'll be fine. :) (You probably already know that the leader of the pack is a game object NPC...)

Some photos of the houses I've built for my BACC:
    tumblr_p270ai8jCj1unofxvo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p270ai8jCj1unofxvo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p270ai8jCj1unofxvo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p270ai8jCj1unofxvo4_1280.jpg
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    These are all amazing @Scribal_Goddess! That bottom one is definitely my style I like for my neighborhood. I'll have to try that next time I build a larger home for my more wealthy families.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I just love your houses @Scribal_Goddess ! If i had to pick up my favourite, i would also go for the last one (even if i love the second one).
    It's with those kind of picture that i can see that my houses lack of exterior decor
    sdm11ckm2gkr.jpg
    @Rflong7 LOL :D now that is a wedding!

@Scribal_Goddess Your houses look awesome! I love them.

@lulubadwolf I see some hedges! Lol a few flowers and a tree and you will can have some more exterior décor!
    These houses look amazing!
  • kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    Since Jake was such a flirt I gave him a Romance secondary aspiration, but since I also wanted him to pass on a lineage I had him summon aliens. He's raising a super cute alien baby now. Green skin, black eyes, and no weird alien features. I named him Apollo.
  • IceeyIceey Posts: 148 Member
    @Rflong7 Yup, they're full made uni-sub neighbourhoods. Yea I just needed the path as to where to place them, but what I'm getting from the mod u listed is that without it I won't be able to see any of my costum downtowns or shopping districts if I were to add any?

And btw thanks a lot! You gave just the answer I was looking for. I don't know if I was searching in the wrong place or what but nor google and nor youtube were giving me my answer cuz there are many subfolders and I just get confused. I've had ts2 in the past, but I've never messed with cc/mods in the past, till I got ts3. I've switched to ts2 cuz the ts3 lags a bit in my PC, but still ts2 cc seems to be way more complicated. So yea, I appreciate it.
    edited January 2018
    Yesterday I was playing the Bunch family (no connection to that TS3 family). the family consists of elders Phillip and Nillie Bunch, who are married, their kids Randall and Grady Bunch, Grady's wife Meggie bunch, and their kids Lucas, Molly and Jackson Bunch, oldest to youngest in that order. now, playing the family, I have noticed that Meggie has been having that "attraction" interaction towards her husbands brother Randall. but when I do "scope room", there is either no attraction at all or attraction to Grady. when I do "check sim out" on Randall there is also no attraction. alright then... also, Gradys dad, Phillip, is doing the "attraction" interaction on is sons wife when she is around, and while they were sleeping I had Phillip go into their room and do the "scope room" self-interaction and he got the "Meggie is hot!" message! odd... I sense family drama coming!
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    OMG, can I just say. I was not expecting to have my brand new sim's house catch fire today ?!?!?!? TOTALLLY unprepared for that lol :D

So, I pause the game, and am looking through the forums to find out why. (BTW, yes, it was from a washing machine) But, as to what exactly triggers it, I don't know yet.

Anyways, so I am trying to figure out who, how, what. I have a butler so I'm thinking, oh, maybe the butler will take care of it. Lol, no! He doesn't lol. SO my sims brother comes, I starts clicking at the tiles on fire then extinguishes them.

I know this was really mean, but I just expected so much more from the butler and he didn't even help to put out the fire or anything, so I fired him! (BTW, I did not know firing a butler was going to be that expensive!)

But, oh! multiple fires happened BTW, not just one. (As if one wasn't bad enough)

But the good/okish thing was that the insurance gave me some money to recover any affected items.
  • kanorlakanorla Posts: 29 Member
    This stray cat just distroyed some homework. I didn't think that would happen.
    NezImani wrote: »

So, I pause the game, and am looking through the forums to find out why. (BTW, yes, it was from a washing machine) But, as to what exactly triggers it, I don't know yet.

Either I am really badly confused, or you are in the wrong section. pretty sure washing machines were not a thing until The Sims 3 Ambitions or something like that.
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    theFella wrote: »
    NezImani wrote: »

Either I am really badly confused, or you are in the wrong section. pretty sure washing machines were not a thing until The Sims 3 Ambitions or something like that.

Oh! Hahaha, I'm sorry theFella. I did not notice this was the sims 2 General Discussion. Sorry!! My mistake. I usually go into the sims 4 forums, and just click the discussions tab on the top left. I didn't realize other sims games (sims 2, sims 3) are included in the discussions tab. Sorry again :/
    I've brainstormed today a concept for a future neighborhood. I'll use the Oasis Lake (I think that was the name?) terrain, keep it as a desert, and name it "Barracuda Lake" (yes, inspired by the song hehe).

Gonna stick on my current neighborhood for now.
    I just realized I never even wrote what it's called. It's called "Simside" and I'm using the lush beta Pleasant View / Riverside terrain. The motto of the town is "Look at the simside of life", a spoof of "look at the bright side of life" from Monty Python lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top