Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I have never been more aware that the english version of the sims 4 is in american english than just now. :lol:

Ooh @Bugsie2016 what happened?
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    I have never been more aware that the english version of the sims 4 is in american english than just now. :lol:

Lost in translation words. One word means a completely different thing here. I know what it means in American English but i'm immature and laughed anyway. :lol:

Lost in translation words. One word means a completely different thing here. I know what it means in American English but i'm immature and laughed anyway. :lol:

@Bugsie2016 Oh yes, I can imagine! :D Mum encountered this when she travelled to the US, although it was the other way round. She said something that was completely innocent in English, but was very rude in American. :D

@Bugsie2016 Oh yes, I can imagine! :D Mum encountered this when she travelled to the US, although it was the other way round. She said something that was completely innocent in English, but was very rude in American. :D

I'm shaking my head. There was so many other words than that one. But I got a good laugh out of it. :)
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Xylorta-XV wrote: »
    Morning... I'm so tired.
    I'm playing the Sims to relax... might start a laid-back legacy just to flex my storytelling muscles. I've never done a proper, full-rules-attached legacy before, but I got to Generation 3 in a casual one in TS3.
    (Also uh, I'd love to do a proper legacy but guess who doesn't know how to build... this chick... I really need to learn.)

Hi @Xylorta-XV Yeah, I think many of us see the legacy rules more as 'guidelines' - well, I certainly do. :D
    Don't worry about not being brilliant at building, what some simLit writers do is they get other people to build for them, or they download from the gallery. You can find people who take building requests in the sims 4 builds section of the forums in the Creative corner. I have attached a link to it here.

Nice to see you here. I'm not sure if we've met, but your name sounds familiar.
    ghilie wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! Quick question: have you added another trait or two to any of your sims/characters? Whether it be via the mod or just randomly on your own? Just to help you out with storylines or adding a little extra oomph to their story? I always seem to draw blanks with that. It's my flaw. :D

I'm not very experienced making simlit, but I did do this in the one I'm working on. I do a combination of sim directed/plot directed, and the parenthood traits especially give me extra interactions.

By the way, hello everyone. First time poster here in the stories forum.

Hi @ghilie ! Oooh I love the parenthood traits. They give my sims such funny mood-swings! I think my favourite is the angry mood swing, which one of my sims goes through a lot and he is so adorable when he throws tantrums, because he goes all stiff and starts jumping up and down with a scrunched up face. XD
    Anyway, oh yay another simLit! I like that combination of having it both sim and plot directed.

Good luck with your simLit and as @AuroraLockwood says, it's great to see new faces or, might i say, new avis. :)

@simscognito Speaking of new avis I've been meaning to change mine up for a bit, especially since my previous one didn't connect that well with either of my stories :tongue:

@AuroraLockwood Ooh yay, which character will it be this time? XD

@simscognito It's one of the pictures of Marissa posing from when she was showing off the penthouse.
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member

I'm shaking my head. There was so many other words than that one. But I got a good laugh out of it. :)

@Bugsie2016 Okay now you've got me curious. What word was it?
    Xylorta-XV wrote: »
    Morning... I'm so tired.
    I'm playing the Sims to relax... might start a laid-back legacy just to flex my storytelling muscles. I've never done a proper, full-rules-attached legacy before, but I got to Generation 3 in a casual one in TS3.
    (Also uh, I'd love to do a proper legacy but guess who doesn't know how to build... this chick... I really need to learn.)

Hi @Xylorta-XV Yeah, I think many of us see the legacy rules more as 'guidelines' - well, I certainly do. :D
    Don't worry about not being brilliant at building, what some simLit writers do is they get other people to build for them, or they download from the gallery. You can find people who take building requests in the sims 4 builds section of the forums in the Creative corner. I have attached a link to it here.

Nice to see you here. I'm not sure if we've met, but your name sounds familiar.
    Hi, everyone! Quick question: have you added another trait or two to any of your sims/characters? Whether it be via the mod or just randomly on your own? Just to help you out with storylines or adding a little extra oomph to their story? I always seem to draw blanks with that. It's my flaw. :D

I'm not very experienced making simlit, but I did do this in the one I'm working on. I do a combination of sim directed/plot directed, and the parenthood traits especially give me extra interactions.

By the way, hello everyone. First time poster here in the stories forum.

Hi @ghilie ! Oooh I love the parenthood traits. They give my sims such funny mood-swings! I think my favourite is the angry mood swing, which one of my sims goes through a lot and he is so adorable when he throws tantrums, because he goes all stiff and starts jumping up and down with a scrunched up face. XD
    Anyway, oh yay another simLit! I like that combination of having it both sim and plot directed.

Good luck with your simLit and as @AuroraLockwood says, it's great to see new faces or, might i say, new avis. :)

@simscognito Speaking of new avis I've been meaning to change mine up for a bit, especially since my previous one didn't connect that well with either of my stories :tongue:

@AuroraLockwood Ooh yay, which character will it be this time? XD

@simscognito It's one of the pictures of Marissa posing from when she was showing off the penthouse.

@AuroraLockwood ooh I love Marissa! Yep, definitely approve of this new avi! :smiley:

@Bugsie2016 I'm curious too! XD
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    downloading laundry day stuff.

@friendsfan367 sooo jealous!!! You have to tell me what it's like! :D

only if you tell me where you live for real. because based on your comment its probably 1 of the 4 countries that got price increased.

only if you tell me where you live for real. because based on your comment its probably 1 of the 4 countries that got price increased.

Which countries were those? I know one of them is here but what are the others??

Aww but @friendsfan367 I'm enjoying confusing you!! :D

@AuroraLockwood ooh I love Marissa! Yep, definitely approve of this new avi! :smiley:

It's a word in the description of the detective career dining chair that came with GTW. As I was saying, i'm just too immature sometimes. :lol:

It's a word in the description of the detective career dining chair that came with GTW. As I was saying, i'm just too immature sometimes. :lol:

Okay, next time I get into the game, I'm going straight to build mode to the detective career dining chair and reading that description. :D

you don't answer me i don't have to answer you :p

Fine. :p ... how about you name the four countries you think I am from, and I'll tell you if I'm from any of those? :smiley:
    edited January 2018

Fine. :p ... how about you name the four countries you think I am from, and I'll tell you if I'm from any of those? :smiley:

no good because you could just lie. :p and i can't find the post i read.

no good because you could just lie. :p and i can't find the post i read.
    @friendsfan367 nah, promise I won't lie!
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member

Is it fanny? I bet it's fanny.
    nZLbne1.jpg

@ghilie omg mum laughs at that one all the time! :D

Yeah! I'm immature, okay. :lol:

@Bugsie2016 nah, that one never gets old! :D

I'm surprised that word is allowed. I was thinking it would get censored or something. Guess EA didn't consider it. :smile:

I'm surprised that word is allowed. I was thinking it would get censored or something. Guess EA didn't consider it. :smile:

@Bugsie2016 yeah, it is a bit odd, but then again, it is also a legitimate name. Just think of Fanny from Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.

@Bugsie2016 yeah, it is a bit odd, but then again, it is also a legitimate name. Just think of Fanny from Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.

Yeah but Molly got censored a while back. (Not sure if it still does??)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top