The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making Asian Sims

Comments

• SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Its so hard in ts3 my asian sims end up looking Han Chinese when they are Japanese its so annoying!
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    Its so hard in ts3 my asian sims end up looking Han Chinese when they are Japanese its so annoying!

I think with Japanese vs Chinese, something to keep in mind is the eyes. While many think smaller angled eyes might make a sim look more Asian, if you you are doing Japanese, (always exceptions to the rules) Is that Japanese eyes tend to be wider, larger and angled downward not so much upward.

keep in mind Japanese males (at least actors) tend to be darker in skin tone because it's okay for men to tan or be in the sun but not as much for female actresses. Sometimes I reference actual actors or actresses and tweak ideas.
    @cwaddell ; I think your Japanese sims are fine, one of them even looks vaguely like a hugely popular Japanese actor! The first and second reminds me of Shun Oguri.

HT55xBO.jpg
    f8991c8ce62999e9dd92095ab6c5af5b--shun-oguri-japanese-men.jpg

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Jinn is about as close to Asian as I've ever gotten, not for lack of trying, I adore Asian guys!

Jinn:

35805168443_2c20422d6c_b.jpg

38016648002_340001fb7a_b.jpg

26564805379_e4022fc964_b.jpg
    @Charlottesmom He looks handsome. He reminds me of someone of middle eastern origin.

Here's an example of a Japanese one I did.
    Default EA Skin, and the only makeup is SK Sims eyebags
    One with thinner eyes and more slanted vs one with slightly more open eyes and not slanted

a95bd59b44e7a1bdbd19038ea671b3d2.png71cf6342050f070db5b3fbef9b44ab04.png

The second one looks more Japanese, he's actually based on a Japanese Actor named
    Kubota
    79b041688eda5d7774484f22c5bba648877cebe8_hq.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    I spent all last night making this sim who I have called Aimee. I'm really happy with how she turned out, especially as I didn't use an asian skin. She's not perfect and I could spend all day tweaking her but I think she's really cute.

@CravenLestat What do you think? :smile:

TS3W_2018-01-14_13-32-26-60_(2).png
    TS3W_2018-01-14_13-15-04-82_(2).png
    TS3W_2018-01-14_13-20-21-85_(2).png
    TS3W_2018-01-14_13-39-49-90_(2).png
    TS3W_2018-01-14_13-46-07-55_(2).png
    TS3W_2018-01-14_13-47-00-97_(2).png
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @coco :love: All she needs is a good sparkly skirt and a KPop shirt.Plus looks like she has no makeup on.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat That was intended, because often when you look at Korean celebrities their skin is very clear with no heavy makeup. But believe me this sim actually has more makeup on than any other sim I've made! I was going for a subtle and natural girl next door look so I had to give her lots of different blushes to soften her features. I think the hardest part was giving her the appearance of a monolid.

Yoona was my inspiration.
    700full-my-profile.jpg
    @coco Her nose I really like but would like to see yours with the eyeliner with the outer eye wings :p now I need to go deck out my Japanese simmy.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    @coco...she looks absolutely GORGEOUS! :) WOW! Reminds me of some J-Pop or K-Pop star. And yes, she does remind me of Yoona facially, not that I listen to K-pop.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @coco Bamm!!!

8GsuuAV.png

1uuMgma.png

lEEVydn.png

To get the sliders used and skin etc

Install base game :D

To get her skirt pattern

In my studio

Her top design

I Made it 45 min ago

DfydFiZ.gif
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2018
    My sim Tia is the closest I got to a sim with vaguely asian features, and she was born in game years ago, was forgotten about, and I dug her out of my bin to use as a base with a few edits to submit to a challenge. Her father is Shen Su. I'm not really very good at capturing the delicate features of some asian ladies, most of my sims look alike & I generally prefer very prominent features.

tumblr_ovu4gbl0ZH1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @CravenLestat Nice job, her top says it all :smile:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Thanks for the compliment. Yoona has a tricky face to replicate so even a little bit of similarity is a win for me :smiley:
    @pary Tia is so unique and stunning! :open_mouth:
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    YYDJip2.png

HiDMxNi.png

His name is Yao. He dreams to be an international super spy.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Her name is Yoko Tsuno. She´s supposed to be japanese, but I actually tried to made her look like a certain comic character (which, I´m pretty sure no one else knows) and I´m pretty happy with her.
    Every picture but the last without CC.

Screenshot1986.jpg

Screenshot2184.jpg

Screenshot2214.jpg

Coll.jpg
    On the left EA skintone, on the right Asian Faces from modthesims. I actually like the EA one better. But she kept the new hair. I also downloaded a bunch of @CravenLestat patterns, so she can wear extra pretty kimonos now. <3
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    I think the vanilla Asian sims here look beautiful/great, but the fact their eyes don't have that epicanthic fold has always bothered me. So I've downloaded a kurasoberina skin, for me the difference on a Chinese girl my sim fell in love with a long time ago is essential.

Original (vanilla):

EIIyEMg.png

With the skin:

screenshot-897a_orig.png

And now that I am in China with my sim, I give everyone living there a kurasoberina treatment.

aBkmfpS.jpg

EMK2eta.jpg
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Not-so-long-ago I made a mother and daughter, both meant to be Eastern asian (northern Chinese). I think I did a pretty good job, with help of Kurasoberina's epiphantic starfruit of course.
    UlCa3Yu.jpg
    cfe4g6w.jpg
    Ignore the daughter's weird eyes. Her father is unknown, and possibly not completely human.
    Here is another picture of Yao and his wife, Ya Mei.

ykxCIke.png
    ._.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    All the Asian sims look fantastic. <3
    Any more Asian simmies coming? :3
    ._.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

I just made another Asian sim. I hope he looks Japanese enough since I gave him a Japanese name. :) - Tatsuo (means male dragon) Tanaka. I gave him an all-body tattoo of a dragon.

n8i8eps.jpg

I can't decide which hair style to give him. He is in the business career so I limited the choices somewhat.

JqmNSAC.jpg

4OaYzwe.jpg

a4xLz76.jpg

rZp8E21.jpg

5HtGgOl.jpg

Which one(s) do people like for him?
    I like the first style the best, but the third one is probably more "business" appropriate.
    Hmm... the last one?
    ._.
    Two recent ones last few days

J1TEz9Z.png

And her

yQF4Qai.png

Both vanilla game just my patterns on outfits

DfydFiZ.gif
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Jinn is about as close to Asian as I've ever gotten, not for lack of trying, I adore Asian guys!

Jinn:

35805168443_2c20422d6c_b.jpg

38016648002_340001fb7a_b.jpg

26564805379_e4022fc964_b.jpg

@Charlottesmom Look up Fu Shang AKA Alexander Fu Shang .You sim reminds me of him
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited February 2018
    Every so often I try to tweak my simself and being Asian... well... :):mrgreen:

Screenshot.jpg

Screenshot-2.jpg

Took my high-school grad photo (good heavens that shot is almost 30 years old and counting) and tried to do a sim that was slightly older (in his twenties, although he does look a bit weather-beaten here.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~