Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Year Game Resolutions

13...Next

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @Bettyboop55

Oh, I'm an auld f**t. I'm sure that I've learned patience over the years. :D If I was in my teens or my twenties, then probably not. :D

If it frustrates me, I'll just put it aside and come back to it later. :) And I've learned over the years the benefits of asking questions. My betters told me that there's no such thing as a silly question...only one that hasn't been asked - you don't learn anything unless you ask questions. :)

I prefer the term golden oldie being one myself :D and CAW has tried my patience to the limit. Good to ask questions too. Suggestion do as much planning on paper as you can before starting.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    @BlackSand great pics. Sounds like you have got yourself well organised. I am using Hidden Springs to build my lots for my Fenbury project. I divide my time between CAW and building. I did not include finishing my project as a resolution because it is going to take time, lots of it :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I am not good at life related New Year Resolutions so I imagine I would be no better with game ones. Having said that, if I were to have one it would be to perhaps add to my game faster than what I have been. I've been playing the game since it came out and have not installed all the EPs. I own them all but have yet to add Showtime, Pets, Seasons, ITF, Supernatural and Island Paradise.

The great thing about TS3 is you can do as you want in your own time. So there is no hurry on installing stuff and I should imagine you know your existing content far better than those of us yet to fully explore our downloaded content :)

It's true that I do love to fully explore each EP as I add it but I should probably speed up a little. Knowing my luck modern computers won't be able to play TS3 by the time I am ready to try them all ;)
    I am not good at life related New Year Resolutions so I imagine I would be no better with game ones. Having said that, if I were to have one it would be to perhaps add to my game faster than what I have been. I've been playing the game since it came out and have not installed all the EPs. I own them all but have yet to add Showtime, Pets, Seasons, ITF, Supernatural and Island Paradise.

The great thing about TS3 is you can do as you want in your own time. So there is no hurry on installing stuff and I should imagine you know your existing content far better than those of us yet to fully explore our downloaded content :)

It's true that I do love to fully explore each EP as I add it but I should probably speed up a little. Knowing my luck modern computers won't be able to play TS3 by the time I am ready to try them all ;)

Well think of it this way as long as we love our TS3 we will find a way to keep playing. I am considering a desktop without a dvd drive. My first thought was to check the availability of an external dvd player to load my games ! :)

Sim enim est vita
    Petalsim wrote: »
    My new year resolution is to finish at least one legacy challenge because I never did haha.

Then this is the year to do it :) Good Luck !

Sim enim est vita
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited January 2018
    My resolution sure is hard. Twice I felt like quitting and deleting the save, but I just took a break and felt better the next day. Yesterday, my save got CORRUPTED, but my techie mom was able to fix it. Today, I was looking at another household for a short time and, when I came back, the good son who had just aged up was in the criminal career! I had to quit without saving. I'm up to generation 2 being grown, so I'm halfway there.
    Resolution 1: Life stage 5/7
    Resolution 2: Generation 2/4
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    M :D:) y resolution sure is hard. Twice I felt like quitting and deleting the save, but I just took a break and felt better the next day. Yesterday, my save got CORRUPTED, but my techie mom was able to fix it. Today, I was looking at another household for a short time and, when I came back, the good son who had just aged up was in the criminal career! I had to quit without saving. I'm up to generation 2 being grown, so I'm halfway there.
    Resolution 1: Life stage 5/7
    Resolution 2: Generation 2/4

Thank Goodness for techie mums :)

Keep going and hopefully this time the good son will find a better career :)

Sim enim est vita
  • sugarplumpeachsugarplumpeach Posts: 177 Member
    To get sims 3 seasons. Where I live in Europe it’s so hard to find literally all the major stores are just empty of sims 3 games...for the last few weeks. I prefer the dvd but online only has download key that ships to my country. So I’ll check that out but smh
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Well...get back to playing TS3!

Learn more about clothing creation for TS3. Frankenmeshing, converting from other games, whatever.

Continue to badmouth crummy content made for the game.

Find a suitable new hair for my favorite sim. :blush:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    To get sims 3 seasons. Where I live in Europe it’s so hard to find literally all the major stores are just empty of sims 3 games...for the last few weeks. I prefer the dvd but online only has download key that ships to my country. So I’ll check that out but smh

I hope you are successful in obtaining a disk copy of Seasons. When I wanted a copy of WA last year I managed to get an unopened pre 2012 from a private seller using a certain on line retailer. I am in the UK but the on line retailer in question can be found in most European countries. This way the seller was vetted so I knew the dvd was genuine. Seasons is one of the best EPs and a very worthy resolution :)

Sim enim est vita
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Well...get back to playing TS3!

Learn more about clothing creation for TS3. Frankenmeshing, converting from other games, whatever.

Continue to badmouth crummy content made for the game.

Find a suitable new hair for my favorite sim. :blush:

I am in awe of anyone capable of creating cc so GoodLuck with your resolution. I play vanilla because I have no techie skills so I am left with EA made content. It is amazing what you can achieve with a bit of recolouring :):)

Sim enim est vita
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I failed my resolution. I deleted my save and emptied the recycle bin.
  • ElanoreAlexandriaElanoreAlexandria Posts: 66 Member
    My resolution is to help my current sim couple live their lives fully and to the end of their days. I love that cute little couple and I don't want to abandon them.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    1. Less writing, more playing.
    2. Try to sort out my cc again. Add some folders to make it look neater.
    3. Get to generation 11.
    4. Play out some drama. Not everyone has to be perfect and happy.
    5. Buy some worlds and more functional content from the store.
    6. Find more great hair for males.

I think that's about it :smiley:
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Completely Rebuild/Remodel All Of Hidden Springs ... :|
    Best of Luck and I would love to see pics of the result :D
    I did manage to get a Bowling Alley/Arcade put in ... :)
    It's between the Corporate Tower and the Sports Stadium.

24780760827_83a73fe829_b.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I failed my resolution. I deleted my save and emptied the recycle bin.

Never mind. We are only in January so you could make a fresh resolution now :)

Sim enim est vita
    My resolution is to help my current sim couple live their lives fully and to the end of their days. I love that cute little couple and I don't want to abandon them.

It sounds like the couple have a good friend in you. If the worst happens there is always the back up copy of the game should you change your mind. Not that you are going to need it this time :)

Sim enim est vita
    coco wrote: »
    1. Less writing, more playing.
    2. Try to sort out my cc again. Add some folders to make it look neater.
    3. Get to generation 11.
    4. Play out some drama. Not everyone has to be perfect and happy.
    5. Buy some worlds and more functional content from the store.
    6. Find more great hair for males.

I think that's about it :smiley:

Good Luck :) Drama is always good and if it doesn't work according to plan you don't need to save that session !! :)

Sim enim est vita
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Reach Gen 5. I had never ever reached that generation, I can't even pass gen 2 :D I mostly become to attached to my sims which makes me hard to see them die, and age.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Neat thread!

Hm, I guess some of my resolutions would be:

1. Get to generation 10 of a “legacy”. I don’t follow the legacy rules because they’re too constricting though. I also play on long lifespan which makes it hard sometimes. I think the furthest I’ve gotten was gen 3 lol.
    2. Max out a skill/ get to the top of a career from the ground up. This is something I’ve never done before in any sims game!
    3. Share more pictures on my blog and the forums. I take so many yet most of them end up collecting dust!
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    This year actually I started playing this game again...after a long break. I have a lot of stuff to do. Not spending so much time in CAS is my main resolution. I'm going to focus on building houses and landscaping gardens, not spending hours only for choosing clothes for my sims ;_;
    understand the significance of the signatures
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    My new game resolutions are to 1) Edit Sunset Valley and fill it with my personal sims, 2) Take more in-game pictures and videos, and 3) become a full member so I can post a story on the site. The last one will be hard, because I have always been a face to face person instead of a social media person. As a result, I lurk and talk about the postings to my friends and family instead of actually joining the conversation.