Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Isn't it insane how fast The Sims 1 runs now?

908Billy908Billy Posts: 23 Member
Back then, my computer chugged along trying to load the game. The start-up load took quite a while. I managed to install it recently for fun on a Windows 7 computer, and I laughed pretty hard. The start-up text didn't even have time to finish scrolling by before the neighborhood popped up, and pressing 3 to go into fast mode was complete insanity but so entertaining. Within seconds, many sim days had passed, there were potato chips all over the floor, flies everywhere, Sims waving at the fourth wall freaking out because they're tired, passing out on the floor, fires starting, the phone ringing off the hook....good times. Loading that game up is such a nostalgia trip, especially the music and the same several phrases the Sims themselves repeat in interactions.

Comments

• mooredt21mooredt21 Posts: 1,105 Member
    I wish I still had mine. I gave them to my cousin when TS2 came out and I was sure that I loved TS2. I haven't played TS1 since even though I think it would be insanely fun.
    <----LOQUACIOUS LURKER HERE

***Please bring back Sims 2 style storytelling features and make them publishable.***
  • HoverDrumsHoverDrums Posts: 13 New Member
    Oh, & 5000 CC with no lag.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    it is an unforgettable day
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    I installed TS1 on my Windows 7 computer back around 2010. I too, was amazed on how little the loading times were and how much smoother the game actually ran. I still play TS1 to this day. In fact, I played it last weekend.
  • Rolosim85Rolosim85 Posts: 14 New Member
    > @greenbean71 said:
    > I installed TS1 on my Windows 7 computer back around 2010. I too, was amazed on how little the loading times were and how much smoother the game actually ran. I still play TS1 to this day. In fact, I played it last weekend.

Hi, do you ever update Windows 7? And if so what computer specs do you have? My game just keeps crashing over some NVIDIA Driver incompatibility or something.

This is after figuring out the whole update causing it not to run issue. I run original games - it's the only way. I wish I could play it without worrying about a crash.
  • greenbean71greenbean71 Posts: 60 Member
    Hello. I just use the automatic updates for Windows 7. My computer is old compared to todays computers. I have a HP Pavillion that I bought new in 2009. It has a AMD Phenom 2 quad core processor running at 2.6 Ghz and 8GB of memory. I installed a Radeon HD 4650 graphics card soon after I got the computer. I also updated the power supply unit to a bigger one to run the graphics card. Oddly enough, my computer can run almost any game you throw at it, which isn't bad for being almost 10 years old. Sims 1 can run all day long. I also run the original games.

My computer is overkill for running Sims 1. That game was designed to run on computers a lot slower than any computer made in the last 15 years or so. In fact, I had a E-Machine before this one that refused to run Sims 1. The specs were enough to run the game, but it just wouldn't run. The only thing I can think of for your computer is to try and update the NVIDIA drivers and see if you can run the game.