Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Real Time Kills this game

2...Next

Comments

• thebobfatherthebobfather Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree, the realtime feature is the one reason why, I continue to play The Sims on PC and not on mobile. If EA were to remove this feature by allow the player to pay a one-off charge like $2.99 and additional charge pre-stuff pack created, I was shift toward The Sims Mobile more.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    > @thebobfather said:
    > I agree, the realtime feature is the one reason why, I continue to play The Sims on PC and not on mobile. If EA were to remove this feature by allow the player to pay a one-off charge like $2.99 and additional charge pre-stuff pack created, I was shift toward The Sims Mobile more.

Definitely a pre-stuff purchase to play without real time would be perfect.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited July 2017
    I agree, the realtime feature is the one reason why, I continue to play The Sims on PC and not on mobile. If EA were to remove this feature by allow the player to pay a one-off charge like $2.99 and additional charge pre-stuff pack created, I was shift toward The Sims Mobile more.
    The Sims Mobile is a realtime multiplayer online game. If it shouldn't be realtime then it would mostly have to be singleplayer instead. But if it were singleplayer (and offline) then the price would be many times higher than just $2.99. Also the game wouldn't receive any free updates. Yes, EA could have made it into an offline $29.99 singleplayer game instead. But EA didn't because experience has shown that such games don't sell very well for mobile devices.

The game needs to be online because otherwise EA couldn't offer us paid ingame stuff to buy and thus would have to let us pay for the whole game instead.

Realtime makes the game a little boring in the beginning where you only has one sim that needs long sleeps. But on higher levels you will get more sims and can therefore just switch between them :)
  • Giulyano03Giulyano03 Posts: 11 New Member
    I hate time
  • thebobfatherthebobfather Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Erpe said:
    > thebobfather wrote: »
    >
    > I agree, the realtime feature is the one reason why, I continue to play The Sims on PC and not on mobile. If EA were to remove this feature by allow the player to pay a one-off charge like $2.99 and additional charge pre-stuff pack created, I was shift toward The Sims Mobile more.
    >
    >
    >
    > The Sims Mobile is a realtime multiplayer online game. If it shouldn't be realtime then it would mostly have to be singleplayer instead. But if it were singleplayer (and offline) then the price would be many times higher than just $2.99. Also the game wouldn't receive any free updates. Yes, EA could have made it into an offline $29.99 singleplayer game instead. But EA didn't because experience has shown that such games don't sell very well for mobile devices.
    >
    > The game needs to be online because otherwise EA couldn't offer us paid ingame stuff to buy and thus would have to let us pay for the whole game instead.
    >
    > Realtime makes the game a little boring in the beginning where you only has one sim that needs long sleeps. But on higher levels you will get more sims and can therefore just switch between them :)

I agree with what you mentioned.

My problem is the real-time element that all games are moving towards on the mobile platform, yes it proven that it in-app purchases are very strong on mobile devices. But the fans keep asking EA produce The Sims game that is true and original to the game found on the PC or Mac.

Could EA give the fans the same experience as found on the PC version of The Sims and put it on a mobile device. Is this one of the reason why fans continue to play the game on PC and reject the idea of using the mobile version.

Are fans who use The Sims Mobile getting the same experience they already have on Free Play, which in fact has developed over the years and become a very fun game to play.

I love playing The Sims 3 on the mobile which cost $6.99, and I even brought some in-app content, could we use platform method this instead where to get for example.

Party Pack Stuff - for $4.99

and keep release more and more stuff.

These are all suggestions. :smile:
    > @Erpe said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Sims Mobile is a realtime multiplayer online game. If it shouldn't be realtime then it would mostly have to be singleplayer instead. But if it were singleplayer (and offline) then the price would be many times higher than just $2.99. Also the game wouldn't receive any free updates. Yes, EA could have made it into an offline $29.99 singleplayer game instead. But EA didn't because experience has shown that such games don't sell very well for mobile devices.
    >
    > The game needs to be online because otherwise EA couldn't offer us paid ingame stuff to buy and thus would have to let us pay for the whole game instead.
    >
    > Realtime makes the game a little boring in the beginning where you only has one sim that needs long sleeps. But on higher levels you will get more sims and can therefore just switch between them :)

My problem is the real-time element that all games are moving towards on the mobile platform, yes it proven that it in-app purchases are very strong on mobile devices. But the fans keep asking EA produce The Sims game that is true and original to the game found on the PC or Mac.

Could EA give the fans the same experience as found on the PC version of The Sims and put it on a mobile device. Is this one of the reason why fans continue to play the game on PC and reject the idea of using the mobile version.
    I don't think so. Fans prefer to play the PC game for mainly 2 reasons:
    1. They like to play an a big screen and to use keyboard and mouse instead of a touch screen.
    2. They like to buy 5 to 10 new expansions each year.

So even though EA attempted to make the mobile versions of the Sims 3 games similar to the PC version those game didn't sell very well. Therefore EA now only makes realtime free-to-play Sims games for mobile devices instead.
    Are fans who use The Sims Mobile getting the same experience they already have on Free Play, which in fact has developed over the years and become a very fun game to play.
    No the Sims Mobile is very different from the Sims Freeplay:
    1. The sims don't age in real time. Instead they age a day every day you open the game. So it doesn't matter how many times you open the game on the same day. Only if you open the game at all.
    2. The sims need to sleep for an hour every time you have played them about 5 minutes. The game is fast paced. So you have to let your sim do a lot of things within those 5 minutes. But you usually only play with one sim at the time and only the active sim become so tired that he/she after 5 minutes need to sleep for an hour. So you can therefore play almost without breaks if you have a whole houseful of sims.
    3. The sims will age up after only a few days. So they don't live very long and you therefore quite soon will have a big family tree.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited August 2017
    The reason why I'm not into this type of real time sims game is because I don't consider it a sims game at all. When I play the sims games I play for the freedom the game gives, with how my sims look, what they wear, what they do, what I can do within the game, the mobile version takes all of that away with the real time and in app purchases. I can't customize my house the way I want to because chances are I need to buy some furniture with real money, or at least pay for sims cash with real money, or the only way to earn sims cash is to do tedious little things over a long period of time as opposed to just using a cheat to get whatever I want. Honestly it's all down to the real time and in app purchases that take all of the creative freedom away from a sims game, at least for me, I will probably try out the game when it comes out, but chances are I won't enjoy it the way I didn't enjoy free play.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Ive learnt to just not play mobile games, there not my cup of tea as they are so micro transaction heavy. Stick to the sims 4. thats what im going to do Unless EA do bring out a sims game for mobile that you pay one off for and own.
    Ive learnt to just not play mobile games, there not my cup of tea as they are so micro transaction heavy. Stick to the sims 4. thats what im going to do Unless EA do bring out a sims game for mobile that you pay one off for and own.
    EA did that for TS3 and released several such games (the Sims 3, the Sims 3 World Adventures, the Sims 3 Ambitions and the Sims Medieval). But they were all removed from the app stores a long time ago. I got them for my iPad. But they won't work with iOS 11 without an update that EA won't ever release.

So I strongly prefer the Sims Freeplay even though it is about as old. For it is free and also still gets all the necessary updates and much more :)

Sims games for mobile devices where you pay for the game only once have never been successful for EA. So EA doesn't make them anymore. Especially not because the Sims Freeplay became so huge a success :)
  • PhoxxelPhoxxel Posts: 1 New Member
    I find this game better than Sims Freeplay, because I can do more progress than on Sims FreePlay.

However, this game felt like it strayed far to even have the name “The Sims”. Like seriously, if you were to add Energy and then use constant sim needs just to add energy, it just feels too boring.
  • zero35zero35 Posts: 99 Member
    i really hate realtime and forced networking
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I had a small hope that this could be awesome. But oh well... Real-Time. No thanks EA. Its why I stopped playing Sims FreePlay. When will they learn. I'd rather have the real-time removed and have in app purchases for new content and features.
  • LucifersWifeLucifersWife Posts: 5 New Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I was waiting for the UK release date so excited but now I know it's realtime I'm not that bothered. That's what put me off Freeplay.
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    I really want to create a thread :,(

Yes, I thought the same thing of the real time. I think it's way better to have the option of doing task and clearing when you are ready. This is a social design game. With this type of platform I think it has some pretty cool things to venture upon.
  • AarongasmAarongasm Posts: 3 New Member
    I don’t think it kills the game, it’s perfect for mobile. There is so much to do on the game when a timer is running. I love that the goals will automatically fill up themselves, and you’re still earning energy too unlike some other greedy F2P games out there :)
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    [quote="Aarongasm;c-16368071"]I don’t think it kills the game, it’s perfect for mobile. There is so much to do on the game when a timer is running. I love that the goals will automatically fill up themselves, and you’re still earning energy too unlike some other greedy F2P games out there :)[/quote]

EA usually does the best with managing "mobile" games from my experience.
  • Blayer98Blayer98 Posts: 27 Member
    If you don’t like the real-time feature don’t play the game, it’s that simple. I found it funny though that they basically took The Sims Social, The Sims 4, The Sims Freeplay and The Sims Online and merged it all into one mobile game which is pretty interesting to say the least. Online features and microtransations are optional and you can earn Simoleans and SimCash through plenty of in game ways.
  • LozziRawrLozziRawr Posts: 12 New Member
    I ended up uninstalling freeplay just for this reason, I don't have the patience for it and didn't want to spend money on it when I'd already bought the PC game!
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I am of two minds about this. I really love the multiplayer aspect and the fact that you can basically let them do their thing and come back later, but at the same time I would really appreciate to play without the energy limit. Yes, it is a money thing etc., but I was thinking, maybe there could be two versions - one this free/pay to play/real time waiting, and a one-time purchase game, with the option to play offline as well, and with no energy bar. I think it would still make money, because there are two types of players.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I actually like realtime because it makes it possible for me to switch between several realtime games instead of just playing the same game all the time. Other games have to be much better for me to enjoy them at all and they aren't free. So if I buy them there is a big risk that I will just be wasting my money because I won't play them for long anyway.

I like the real time aspect as well -- I can pick one of the longer activities (like Work a Long Shift) right before I go to bed and I'm not losing a lot of time. Or if I'm going to be away for a couple of hours for errands or a nap I'll take one of the shorter events.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2018
    > @Erpe said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I love playing The Sims 3 on the mobile which cost $6.99, and I even brought some in-app content, could we use platform method this instead where to get for example.

Party Pack Stuff - for $4.99

and keep release more and more stuff.

These are all suggestions. :smile:

I play the PC version and just started playing Sims Mobile when it became available in the US. To me they're very different games; the mobile version is very much accomplishment based - you level up based on how much you accomplish. There's really no leveling per se in the PC or console versions -- it's more about earning Simoleons and improving your Sim's life (moving to a bigger house, buying stuff, going on vacation etc.). It's very much like Sims Freeplay but with way better graphics. So I can easily see myself playing both; PC when I want that sandbox experience and I'm at home, Mobile when I'm out and about like at the doctor's office or waiting in the car for my husband, or if he's on the computer and I feel like going into the game for a bit.

I don't see a full PC experience coming to mobile -- for one thing, there is no way to install mods or CC on mobile and that's one of the key features of the PC game; the ability to customize the game to suIt your own gameplay. I think EA/Maxis recognized that so they provided the framework for installing mods (resource.cfg file), so while they don't officially support mods, at least they make them easier to install. Also, I'm not sure if current mobile technology (processor and graphics) can handle a full PC (or console) sandbox experience.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    the real time doesn't bother me. I play on my way to and from work, that's where i use up their energy. and then i let the game play itself while i start my job. when i have a break, i pop in and use up some more energy. i usually have them do the long shifts, and choose the long option for hobbies. i also start them on a task before i go to bed because by the time i wake up, they're just finishing and they have full energy. i assign them something else to do, use up their energy, then shower and get ready for my day. i don't mind the micro transactions because i don't plan to buy anything, maybe occasionally/rarely. i don't like toddlers and kids being unplayable.

thanks for letting me know how aging works! this thread has been very informative.