March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    @Jude525 love the cabin! so cute! :heart: I really like how the kitchen looks being elevated with the platform!
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for the gifts @ZeeGee ! Just got Muse Luxury but I'll have to wait until February to get Pushin' Pedals on DD.

Hi @Envyfan ! Your house looks great! It gives me an autumn vibe!
    Try changing the color of the kitchen tiles if you're still not happy with the color scheme. Maybe with a warmer color than green you'll like it better.

I love mithology @KiearaPhoenix ! Is there any chance one of those Atlantis themed houses is still around?

That's quite an ambitious build @Merelhyn ! Can't wait to see the end result!
    Post edited by Astreia on
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited January 2018
    @merelhyn, this may just be cruel if you don't own them, but these stairs are available with the Now and Then Century Manor in the Sims 3 Store

EpN1Dwe.jpg

Unfortunately, they are not available as an individual purchase. But I just had to show you the option. I tried looking for a "grand staircase" in CC on the web, but while doing the search I realized that the game wouldn't have any animation to match the routing of something that shape. But I did find this on TSR, created By Li.Ko www.simsstudio.ru.

WPhlW9B.jpg

Like the EA stairs, it is really just two ornamental pieces placed next to regular stairs. Maybe you could build it without the interior railings, but I couldn't tell at a quick glance.

I don't know how you feel about using custom content. But on a project this size, I know I would definitely be exploiting all options myself.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited January 2018
    @Envyfan thank you, I find it amusing that a 12 yo thought to include a dropped living area! Even then I was pretty creative.

@Astreia two things: I imagined it being built by one person. Thus the simplicity. My family has built homes, including our summer home, so it isn't surprising that I thought of that at 12. AND on other nights, there was a mansion. I won't be building that, since it must have been too complex for me to remember. Or, it may have changed a lot as the story progressed night to night. There was a room that could be programmed, like the holodeck on Star Trek. Although, to my credit, this was before the holodeck was introduced in the second Star Trek series.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• MerelhynMerelhyn Posts: 370 Member
    I don't have these stairs (I own Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, Grandpa Cove and the free store stuff) but they would be beautiful, for sure. I used three stairs next to each other so people could replace them in game if they do own them!

The mansion is mostly made with Base Game and Ambitions (I have "testing sims" who exist just to make stuff from Ambitions, so the house is very liberally decorated with sims-made paintings, statues, gems, etc.). I only used cats and dogs objects from Pets (so if you don't want a dog or a cat, you can do without) and a tree from Island Paradise. When I started this project, years and years ago, I had only these games and I stuck with it this week when finishing.

I think I have a working version done. I uploaded it to ModTheSims, and I'm waiting for the moderators. Maybe they will spot something I have to correct (I spent one hour yesterday deleting random floating ceiling tiles ><). If they say it's fine, it will go here :).

So now, question: can I do two entries the same month? How would that work?
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2018
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @Astreia two things: I imagined it being built by one person. Thus the simplicity. My family has built homes, including our summer home, so it isn't surprising that I thought of that at 12. AND on other nights, there was a mansion. I won't be building that, since it must have been too complex for me to remember. Or, it may have changed a lot as the story progressed night to night. There was a room that could be programmed, like the holodeck on Star Trek. Although, to my credit, this was before the holodeck was introduced in the second Star Trek series.

@Jude525 It wasn't meant as criticism but I apologise if it sounded that way since english is not my fist language. I hadn't understood that you had built it at age 12. I meant that it was a small cabin for a regular person, a realistic one. Most people can't afford the houses built in this game where we can put our every fantasy. I thought that was what you had intended it to look like.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @Envyfan That is an adorable little starter! It reminds me of some of the cute builds on the television show 'tiny houses'. The shape is very cool and I think you did a great job with the colors too! So yayy! We have our first entry for January!
    Oh My Gosh, didn't I try grabbing the screen so that I could rotate my view!!! I've spent the past hour rotating and panning to capture pics from my new build and it was just automatic to want to see it from a different angle. I do it with YouTube vids as well. All the time.

LOL! Me too. All the time. :lol:

@Merelhyn What a project to undertake! That is a gorgeous house! Can't wait to see the finished result. And yes, would love to see WIP pics! As Jude said, if you put them on Imgur or something similar, we can repost so they can be seen. In the meantime I'm going through and liking all your comments so you can make member. :)
    @Jude525 That is such a peaceful cabin in such gorgeous surroundings, would love to visit in real life! I do wish you would reconsider entering this month's contest. Alpha owns the store and when she entered she just designated the second runner up to get anything she won. You could do that?? :)
    Merelhyn wrote: »
    Yesterday, I made the swimming pool *in the lake*. I'd never done that but it seemed like the kind of project which would support it (go big or go home?). And I made a perfect garden because I have Sims with perfect plants in their inventories, so it seemed a waste not to exploit that too. And I finished the roofs!

You are really whetting our appetite to see those pics!! This sounds amazing.
    @Astreia You're welcome! Glad you received them. :)

@Merelhyn Yes, you can do two entries! If you do two, you will be entered into the final drawing twice.
    Thank you for the likes! I now have enough likes, but not enough posts (yet). I need 30 to be able to post images, if I understand right. So I'll just have to still be involved in discussions and it will happen :)
    I really like the colours of the starter house @Envyfan ! It's warm and cozy, with place to grow. Really cute.
  • KiearaPhoenixKiearaPhoenix Posts: 212 Member
    edited January 2018
    Astreia wrote: »
    @KiearaPhoenix ! Is there any chance one of those Atlantis themed houses is still around?
    Well house no, huge palace? Yes, but it is loaded with so much stuff it takes a while to load when placed. I should finish my house boat one, that might be small...

@Jude525 I like how your cabin looks like (to me) a family built it and they all gather for vacation there.

Edit: Here's what I mean...It's mostly finshed
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Post edited by KiearaPhoenix on
    @Merelhyn @ZeeGee <3<3<3

@Astreia I probably changed the colour over 20 times, but yeah a lighter colour would probably work better.
    @Merelhyn Well post away! I think this thread helped Envyfan get her member status too.

@KiearaPhoenix Holy cannoli! That is just stunning! Wonderful job. A lot of us who have Sims 3 can handle lots with a lot of content so looking forward to trying it out.
    Envyfan wrote: »
    I probably changed the colour over 20 times, but yeah a lighter colour would probably work better.

@Envyfan I actually like the green, gold and red theme. Everyone's tastes are different. :)
    Astreia wrote: »

@Jude525 It wasn't meant as criticism but I apologise if it sounded that way since english is not my fist language. I hadn't understood that you had built it at age 12. I meant that it was a small cabin for a regular person, a realistic one. Most people can't afford the houses built in this game where we can put our every fantasy. I thought that was what you had intended it to look like.

Oh my goodness, no! I'm sorry, but I think the language barrier caused you to misunderstand me. I was simply stating that because I imagined that one person built it alone it would be kept simple. And that having the creativity to put in levels at that age surprises the adult me. I took your comment only to be a compliment.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@KiearaPhoenix ---jaw drops to floor----
    aka Jude

My Studio

----returns jaw to skull---

Great Odin's beard! That is stunning! I mean, I just, I......
    aka Jude

My Studio

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    As close to speechless as I get
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 :lol: IKR?!
    @KiearaPhoenix I agree with Jude525 and Zeegee
    I don't even know how to comprehend what i'm seeing, it's just... wow. it's HUGE.
    I know for a fact that my game wouldn't be able to play that lot.
    edited January 2018
    Wow, thanks everyone! I guess I really should finish it and the smaller boathouse for those with computers who can't handle it. In the meantime;

Creator’s Username: Kiearaphoenix
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:Kiearaphoenix Wishlist
    Item Title:
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: @creativity_rulez 's House from Netflix’s Terrace House: Boys and Girls in the City
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link:Exchange Link
    Description: Terrace House from Netflix's japanese reality tv show.
    terrace-house.jp/inthecity/house/index.html
    Details: I actually found the floorplan and using some googlefu detective skills, the actual rowhouse complex it is located in and found an empty lot for sale so I could go off more pictures there.
    Realty link to actual row house for sale
    It was interesting and fun trying to get as close to the feel without exact items using only the packs and store items I currently have.
    Not happy with the slope I found I am horrid at sculpting slopes but I think I found an ok point I'm slightly satisfied with ...

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No, items needed are listed on the exchange though?

Do you have CC in your game folder? (actually don't understand this question >_>;)
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

@KiearaPhoenix ooh fancy! so cool!
    edited January 2018
    I found it! As some of you know, I've built my childhood home already, and have just built the cabin of my childhood fantasies. This had me antsy to build our family summer home. But, because it is built into a hill, I've been frustrated finding a balance of compromises between the interior and exterior. Well, I finally found a YouTube video that explained how to use constrainfloorelevation to do what I wanted done in a way that I understood. After a couple days of playing, I've finally gotten a foundation to exactly the height that I wanted and have found a balance between foundation and wall that is acceptable to me. Some of the first floor space will be lost to foundation, but that can't be helped. And it is a fraction of what other techniques would have had me do.

I already had the house 80% done using this technique before deciding I could do better with the foundation height, and that the yard needed to be larger. But, once I had the technique, the second attempt went much faster. So, now it is a matter of completing the details. There are some CC windows somewhere on my machine that are necessary, as well as a single door that sits over double tiles for the front and back doors. I also need to track down a few other pieces of custom content that I know I've seen on the web that I planned to include. Also, I'm not exactly sure if it will play properly or just be a model. There are some details that cannot be left out, but may interfere with gameplay. We'll see.

When I first started researching this I was finding "solutions" that were too severe and if they were my only option I wasn't sure the project was going to happen. Honestly, I'm still amazed that I understood how to make this work. As with many YouTube vids, the creator was a bit short on details and somehow expects you to just "know" what they are doing. Even though it is supposed to be an instructional video. At least with this one the important step could be seen in the video. The first one for this technique literally skipped it and simply wrote "Now level your foundation." Bud, if I knew how to do that, I wouldn't be watching your vid!

Anyway, I don't think it will be long before it's done now that I've got the important stuff figured out. I just had to share my excitement.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 Oh that's fantastic! Are you talking about an halfway above ground basement or a mix of an above ground basement?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top