Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 won't install with Windows 10

Okay so I recently was able to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I wanted to make sure my computer had enough space for the upgrade, so I deleted any unnecessary files and I haven't played the Sims 3 in awhile so I thought why not. But now that I have Windows 10 and recently have been really wanting to play the sims, so I put it in and it asks what I want to do with it, I click run Autorun.exe and nothing happens. I've tried this for about 5 times now and haven't seen any changes. I don't know if I should just forget all about wanting to play, just go buy a new one or even upgrade to the sims 4. Any advice would help :).

Comments

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Post your DxDiag. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Jll716Jll716 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the exact same issue. I downloaded it through Origin first, after signing in and seeing my games show up. But then I realized my Sims 3 Ambitions wasn't showing up on my Origin games. So I put in the disk for Sims 3 Deluxe and the cd does nothing. I click autorun.exe, not nothing happens.
  • SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    Your Sims 3 Ambitions should show up under Game Details for the Sims 3 base game, since Origin implemented that in a recent update.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Mellisenda2Mellisenda2 Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2015
    Autorun does not work in some situations. Locate the install.exe file to try and install it. Best of luck!
  • VanieeVaniee Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem. The install.exe file doesn't show on mine. What do I do?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Vaniee wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. The install.exe file doesn't show on mine. What do I do?
    If you are unable to install from disc for whatever reason, and if the game is registered to you or can be, then you could do an Origin digital install instead.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • NeonWolfieNeonWolfie Posts: 1 New Member
    I had the same problem, but then I figured out how to intall it with the disc.Download Origin and then put in the disk, that little message will pop up in the bottom right corner.Click on it and choose the run option.It will open Origin, then you just have to do what it says and then it will start installing from the disc.I hope I helped, if you don't understand then I can try to explain with more detail.