Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Extra)Ordinary Tessa - S1~Ch18 5/14/18

Comments

• IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    The Bachelor: Dead Relatives Edition :joy:

Exactly! Nearly everyone has a dead relative! I can see a filler chapter already..
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Oh they Are all so exciting! This will be fun to read :)
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member

Lmao I was thinking the same thing :joy:
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Cement wrote: »

NGL, by the time I got to Parker Baizen's tragically murdered brother, I laughed out loud. What can I say, everybody loves a wounded man. LET ME HEAL HIM WITH MY LOVE! :joy:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

New title for this!!!! This was all a coincedence because the only person who saw everyone's applications was IrishSong !!!
    If family is ever going to show up, I'll prepare my dude's giant fam. :joy:
    NGL, by the time I got to Parker Baizen's tragically murdered brother, I laughed out loud. What can I say, everybody loves a wounded man. LET ME HEAL HIM WITH MY LOVE! :joy:

Hahaha, I was already laughing once I got past mine and noticed the trend. :joy: I don't think my son Raúl would classify as a wounded man... Unless you're counting physically, then yes, probably, since he'd most likely to trip over his own feet and into a ditch LOL
    I'm already soft for Morris and Quentin. I just love goofy dudes LOL <3
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    New title for this!!!! This was all a coincedence because the only person who saw everyone's applications was IrishSong !!!

Yeah! It's what's making it even funnier :joy:
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Hahaha, I was already laughing once I got past mine and noticed the trend. :joy: I don't think my son Raúl would classify as a wounded man... Unless you're counting physically, then yes, probably, since he'd most likely to trip over his own feet and into a ditch LOL

It's because we're all secretly big meanies to sims or characters (for the writers here). :lol:

It's not strange for my sims to have just one parent either (and not just because of death!)
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member

It's because we're all secretly big meanies to sims or characters (for the writers here). :lol:

It's not strange for my sims to have just one parent either (and not just because of death!)

Disadvantages = drama :D
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @irishsong - wow! I really, really, like the bios of everyone so far.
    I read everyone's bios and listened to the songs you selected and loved it all. Great work!

Oh definitely, LOL. I roast my own characters all the time
    It's not strange for my sims to have just one parent also! I'm just addicted to playing single parents
    Disadvantages = drama :D
    Exactly. LOL
    edited January 2018

@mintycupcake - oh my gosh! I laughed so hard when I read that!....Sad, but true....lol

@lovestorms & @cement - totally agree with the disadvantages = drama. That is what I was thinking. Everyone has such a dramatic background lol

@cement - ahhh...thanks for liking Quentin. He is a real goofball for sure. lol
    You guys are awesome.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @irishsong - wow! I really, really, like the bios of everyone so far.
    I read everyone's bios and listened to the songs you selected and loved it all. Great work!

I'm going to do this in a few days when I have more time. Reading other stories and backgrounds gives me inspiration. <3
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    haha @mintycupcake I made Parker's sobstory with the hope he would stand out a bit, but I guess everyone was thinking along the same lines :D

@SoulGal7 I loved both your guys, Quentin is definitely a character. I also love how both Kolby and Parker had Believer as their 'theme song'. What can I say, two great minds think alike!!

So excited for this to begin...
  • Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    Oh my gosh I *love* the other contestants.
    And yeah, wow, we're like Oprah handing out the tragic backstories here. And YOU get a dead relative! And YOU get a dead relative! Everyone gets a dead relative!
    I actually almost did it for Walter, but, I changed my mind at the last minute so I could let his personality color him and not his past.

(Also yeah if we have a family episode, I'll gladly make the Lee-Dachelets if needed!)
    edited January 2018
    Pema22 wrote: »
    haha @mintycupcake I made Parker's sobstory with the hope he would stand out a bit, but I guess everyone was thinking along the same lines :D

@SoulGal7 I loved both your guys, Quentin is definitely a character. I also love how both Kolby and Parker had Believer as their 'theme song'. What can I say, two great minds think alike!!

So excited for this to begin...

@Pema22 - I looked at the character you created, and thought...whoa! Parker - former villain!...and then saw the song and laughed. Hey, I like that song, along with Ed Sheeran's Shape of You. Every time I hear those songs in the car, I crank them up lol
    Ok, let's give these sims a test run!
    jzZP0sJ.png

Chapter 3
    Getting to Know You
    Tessa walked over to Blue House right away after her session with Mina. She felt silly for having missed the introductions the night before on the television, but she would make that up today, right? Besides, not everyone wants to have everything know about them right away, so maybe this would play to her advantage.

She was scared. Intimidated, really. Scared made it sound like she was afraid while she was only feeling challenged. She walked up the steps to the house and entered the house. The boys were in a bit of disarray, but soon then found seats outside while they waited for their turns to have their few words with Tessa.

1hg8ueT.png

B0UIB9p.png

First up was Isaac. Tessa looked at him enter the room with apprehension.

Isaac just smiled. “Hey, how you doin’?” He sat and smiled at her, but didn’t stare at her to make her feel uncomfortable.

It took a moment for her to answer. “Oddly, to put it plainly.”

“Aren’t we all in the same boat though? I don’t know any of these people, do you? Who knows, maybe I was put in the same house as a killer? Thankfully these aren’t Hogwarts houses or I’d be insulted if I had been put in the same house as a killer, you know?”

fp0qGe6.png

Tessa smiled. “Yeah, I would be too.”

Mina, off camera, motioned for him to leave. Tessa looked up at Mina and went back to her intimidated look. A new man was brought in, and the openness that Tessa had started to feel towards the situation disappeared.

pbOD7gk.png

This man smiled just the same, but Tessa looked off camera at Mina who made motions for her to talk to him, rolling her eyes.

“Hey, I’m Kolby!” he said with a friendly smile.

eGfg8J7.png

“Like the cheese?” Tessa said in concern. She liked cheese, but what sort of parents named their child after cheese?

“Kinda, but with a ‘K’. Makes my personality less… cheesy.” he said with a wink, making Tessa laugh.

QYxcEtM.png

Mina motioned again for the conversation to end and for the next contestant to be brought in. Tessa was getting the hang of this now and wasn’t so icey to the next bachelors.

Next was Tony. “Hi, what’s your name?” Tessa started.

“Your future husband. I kid, Tony.” he said with a smile.

“Well if you’re happy with the last name Ruff-Stone, that may be a possibility.” They both laughed, probably out of adrenaline.

Xr42ZMU.png

The roll happened again, and Raul walked into the room. Tessa wasn’t afraid to meet his eyes, and they smiled at each other kindly. He sat down and looked at her with his soft eyes.

ZsSEt9p.png

“Hey there. I’m Tessa.” she said.

“The girl we’re all here for. I’m Raul.”

“Raul? Did I say that right?”

“Yep. Hey, this may seem left field, but have you seen X-Files? You look like you could be Dana Scully!”

“We would make a good pair Mulder.” she half teased.

The next man came in with hair that defied gravity. What hair product did he use?

“I’m Camden Landgraab and-”

“Wait, a Landgraab? Are you related to Adriel Landgraab-Goth?”

Camden was thrown off a moment, but he regained his composure.

“Yeah, he’s a cousin or something. I haven’t heard from him in a long time.”

cHEwk3H.png

“He’s an Uncle of sorts. He was one of my dad’s best friends."

“Well, isn’t it a small world!”

The last man from Blue House came in the room and looked at Tessa like she were made of beautiful glass or a piece of art.

y9O0kuG.png

Tessa looked at Mina with a bit of apprehension, who just shrugged in response.

“Hi. I’m Tessa.”

“I know.” he answered.

He shook himself, getting out of his trance. “Sorry for the staring, you’re even more beautiful in real life than you are on TV. I’m Walter.”

“You don’t look like a Walter. Has anyone ever told you that?” Tessa said innocently.

“Maybe, but no one can tell me what name I do look like. What do you think my name should be?” Walter said in a bit of a tease.

“You look like Harry from Star Trek Voyager. My friend Blake made me watch it. He was a good character.”

At this point, Mina had been spinning her wrist to speed them along for a while. Walter left the room, and the camera crew started to take down their equipment. Mina grabbed Tessa’s wrist and pulled her from the couch, leading her outside to the next house.

“Wha- There are more?” asked Tessa.

“Yeah, quite a few more. Here we go again.”

Green House was decorated very much the same way as Blue House, but in greens instead of blues.

Mina plopped Tessa down on the couch and had the guys sit outside like the last house.

First man to sit with Tessa was Evan, a nice looking guy with red hair and comfy looking clothes.

fj62woZ.png

“Hi, my name’s Evan. How are you today?”

“I’m getting better, thanks for asking. How’s the-” she moved her hands in a side gesture. “Stuff treating you?”

“Well, I don’t know anyone. It’ll take some time to know what it’s going to be like.”

“I hear you.” she smiled.

Mina indicated for the next person to come in.

The next man to come in was… different… than the other contestants. He wasn’t the most fit man there, his hair wasn’t the best, and he had fine stubble on his face. He had an eyeball ring on his finger that reminded Tessa of a gag store she had once been to when she was little. It had scared her then, but now she just smiled fondly at the memory.

“Howdy, my name’s Quentin. I like to make people laugh.”

“Isn’t that the best? I have to ask, your ring reminded me, have you ever been to the little gag gifts and jokesters shop on the pier in Brindleton Bay?”

“It was my first job, and where I started my love of humor and comedy!”

dytHt7S.png

“I went there when I was about seven and was terrified! Now it’s just funny!”

The two of them laughed and Quentin was replaced.

Hello, McDreamy. “Hi, I’m Julian Goldberg.” he introduced himself.

pnL86As.png

Tessa wasn’t ready for the beefcake that was Julian and she suddenly felt uneasy again. She was a simple girl from a simple family. She didn’t feel like she belonged here, in front of this hot guy, but here she was. She wiped the shock off her face and tried to smile.

“Probably the only name I won’t have to look up to spell.” Your name is a spell on it’s own.

He smiled. “Yeah, easy to spell, easy to remember.” She doesn’t seem to draw any negative connotation from the name, besides looking at me like I’ve stepped on her cat when I walked in the room. Does she not know about my past?

Mina, however, looked alarmed, and ended the session quickly. The rotation was too fast for her to war Tessa, and the next contestant took a seat besides Tessa.

Hello, McSteamy. Tessa was having a hard time believing her luck. Tow great looking guys in a row? Dang.

“Hi, I’m Parker. Was that Julian Goldberg just now?”

“Uhm, yeah. Do you know him?” Tessa answered.

“I know of him. Or at least, of his family. But what about you? I don’t know anything about you.”

Hc5zQ72.png

“Oh, come on, don’t you know that it’s hardest to tell about yourself when people say ‘tel me about yourself?” Tessa smiled.

“Yeah, you’re right.” he reciprocated.

The next guy to come in was tall, with a deep voice. His hair was fluffy, almost too fluffy.

“I’m Ky-Ben. I’m Ben. How’s the weather in here? I’ve been sitting outside for the last half hour.”

“Very -- room temperature, I’d say.” Tessa smirked. His joke amused her, and they had a short and easy little conversation.

sBo4uPo.png

Next was a man with- was he wearing a fedora? Oh, jeez, where is this going?

“My name is Morris, fair lady!” he said as he sat down.

Tessa looked at Mina with a What-the-heck? look on her face.

“Joking, joking,” Morris recovered as he noticed the look between her and Mina. “I’m not that strange. I thought that I would just play off the hat. It was my grandfather’s.”

iWWYCEl.png

“Very well then. I hope I see you around, Morris.”

The last guy to come in was Lucas Delaney. He seemed normal, which was a relief to Tessa. She had met enough characters today to fill a book.

“Hi.” he said plainly and assuredly. “I’m Lucas, but please call me Luc.”

“I will, Luc. In fact, that would make your name the shortest in the competition. How bad are your eyes? Follow my finger?” she laughed. (Ok, so I wanted to caption the picture as something funny, she’s not a bully!)

OEZ9j8y.png

He laughed and did as she asked, minimalistically following her finger with his eyes.

“My grandma was a doctor.” She shared.

“Is that so? Does care run in your family?”

The lights turned off from the camera and Mina grabbed her hand again and pulled her outside and into the little house that Tessa lived in. “Jeez girl, leave some stuff for the camera, ok?”
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Brei714Brei714 Posts: 110 Member
    Great job. I loved how you portrayed Julian and how Mina seemed to panic when he introduced himself. Hopefully he won't scare everyone away like that though. Tessa did seem a bit overwhelmed by him though...at least I know I'm getting better at making good looking guy sims. ;)
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    loved this chapter. Parker seemed to do pretty well with his first impression, and so did the other guys. Everyone seems nice and sweet so far, with the exception of Mina! :D
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Yay, here we go!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • WolfsbsWolfsbs Posts: 114 Member
    I just read this story (So sad I missed the entry deadline :'() And OMG it is so good! Tessa is adorable and all the men are great. I love the interview-y way the men are introduced and your writing style is soo amazing. I am totally in love with this story. I NEED more :D
    What a great third chapter! I enjoyed meeting all the guys. I still need to go read through the entries above. I'm looking forward to her getting to know each guy and see how they fit with her. I'm sorry, Tessa. I'm sure Morris didn't mean to upset you. He's just a little different. Please take the time to get to know him. Thank you. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Looking forward to seeing development between Tessa and everyone else. :) Everything seems to be going smoothly (and whooo, Raúl didn't trip over anything yet :joy: )
    Can't wait to see some drama haha :joy:
  • MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Great chapter :) I like that Mina plays an important role in it ^^ A mean role but it makes it kind of dramatic :)

And I just noticed that Tony is the only blond one xD