Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Checking in game

How many times do you export your world to game before finishing it? I mean, just to check if everything is ok. And in what stages of making world do you do it? What should I do after I check world in game, uninstall it and clear caches? Isn't it easier to make backup of sims3 folder before installing world and just replace it after?

Also 2 questions.

Do you conform edges of all lots before exporting, even if you don't see any defects?

Does exist any way to use terrain textures I used in world, but on lots (I mean these which are not available in build mode)?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

As many times as I need to... To test your world you have to play it. Depending on how it plays, depends on how many times I export it. Plus, most of the time I export to build which might just lead to changing the layout and give me more ideas.

What are you checking after you export and are you actually playing it for awhile to test every lot?

If you want to make new backups for every time you export, do it. It's the way you want to do it. I rather not - I have backups of TS3 folder for many worlds because I didn't always work on one at a time and each had different downloads in them.

1. No.
    2. Yes but you make it CC and you need a program (which I forget the name) and you'll have to link it for others to download or it won't show up- iirc.
    You can paint under the lots in CAW where you need or want the paint. EA does it in their worlds which I found helpful to do in some of mine. :)
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    @Rflong7 Thanks a lot. :mrgreen:
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    What are you checking after you export and are you actually playing it for awhile to test every lot?

I already built all buildings. I have to finish them inside - place furniture, recolors, etc. I think I just check if its load in game or crash. This is the most important for now. I left "main checking" at the end, when world will be ready. I don't want to waste time on detailed checking in this early stage if so much is gonna change anyway. World is also completely bald. I left trees, gardens and parks at the end. :sweat_smile:
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited January 2018
    You have lots built but not furnished, yet no plants? Okay. That's cool. Still, I have no idea where you are in your build stages to assume you're at the beginning.

I wouldn't wait till the end to check if all the roads work or if Sims can get to each lot. I'd check that different stages- lots can get "locked" for strange reasons.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've just started checking on Logan a few weeks ago in the game after getting everything done except for placing lots in the world from CAW and it's been loading and saving fine for all of that time.I'll likely just test that the road routing works and that it plays well in live mode with settlers before releasing it.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg