Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Controlling Your Cats & Dogs: New Blog 8/31

13...Next

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Question:´

Will pet traits (they do have traits right?) change based on the input we give them with our sim (telling them what's right or not to do), like in TS3 or are they stiff?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Question:´

Will pet traits (they do have traits right?) change based on the input we give them with our sim (telling them what's right or not to do), like in TS3 or are they stiff?

I think it will be like parenthood (witch was a great game pack) You can influence your kids to do things and if you do it enough they start doing it without direction. But with pets I think we'll have dogs that lets say "Dislike cats" and they''ll always chase them but you can teach them to listen to your sim more so when they do try to chase the cat your sim can tell them to stop or "sit by me" and there more likely to do it the more you practice.
  • MikeWoolfMikeWoolf Posts: 39 Member
    this is good for me :cold_sweat:
  • MizzSammii3MizzSammii3 Posts: 26 Member
    To be honest, I would have liked the option to control the pets. When my sims go to sleep or go to work, I focus on the pets and see what they're doing, what they're up to, what they need. The fact that you can't even click them to see their needs or relationships is a downer already, but even more so that even if you wanted to, you can't control or essentially "play" them. Having them automated on "taking care of themselves" would've been great, only requiring the player to step in if they really wanted to. The essential --option to-- would've been great, even if it wasn't a necessity in your pets' survival. There's no fun in watching your cat run around the neighborhood without being able to have them interact with things along the way. You don't even know what they're doing half the time.

The fact that the Sims team looked to their own pets and did research on the matter is awesome, but I'm bummed that they removed a feature that I found to be a really fun aspect of the game. I found great joy in exploring which items pets could interact with, what type interactions with other sims and pets were available at each stage of a relationship, and what features pets could interact with that sims couldn't. Sometimes my household's pets became my priority, and the Sims were expected to take care of themselves.

It seems whenever an expansion pack comes out, there's always some really great feature removed from the previous Sims 3 that's really disappointing. I wish the Sims team would take the opinions of their players a little bit more in mind, and perhaps these disappointments wouldn't happen.
  • ElCaptainElCaptain Posts: 21 New Member
    > @AmySims09 said:
    > One of the comments below said "I think what they are most iffed about is that they couldn't make the decision themselves."
    >
    > I'm like "Yeah cos look at the last time the community made a decision on something. We got one the most brain dead chore in life."
    >
    > I'm glad they aren't controllable :smiley: Controlling their every move would get boring.

Have to disagree. Most of the sims, if you take away your own crazy story ideas, is basically "boring life chores". You sleep, wake up, eat, pee, take a shower, make friends, interact with other people, fall in love, go to work, etc.

That is the game. And adding upon that daily routine is only gonna make the game more realistic.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    To be honest, I would have liked the option to control the pets. When my sims go to sleep or go to work, I focus on the pets and see what they're doing, what they're up to, what they need. The fact that you can't even click them to see their needs or relationships is a downer already, but even more so that even if you wanted to, you can't control or essentially "play" them. Having them automated on "taking care of themselves" would've been great, only requiring the player to step in if they really wanted to. The essential --option to-- would've been great, even if it wasn't a necessity in your pets' survival. There's no fun in watching your cat run around the neighborhood without being able to have them interact with things along the way. You don't even know what they're doing half the time.

The fact that the Sims team looked to their own pets and did research on the matter is awesome, but I'm bummed that they removed a feature that I found to be a really fun aspect of the game. I found great joy in exploring which items pets could interact with, what type interactions with other sims and pets were available at each stage of a relationship, and what features pets could interact with that sims couldn't. Sometimes my household's pets became my priority, and the Sims were expected to take care of themselves.

It seems whenever an expansion pack comes out, there's always some really great feature removed from the previous Sims 3 that's really disappointing. I wish the Sims team would take the opinions of their players a little bit more in mind, and perhaps these disappointments wouldn't happen.

We also have to keep in mind on how the developers will divert their resources throughout development :) In this pack for example, We may had the great feature of controlling pets, but if they did that, the depth that our pets have right now when you are not controlling them will be lessen, as their resources will be diverted into developing that feature. I mean instead of using their time in naming moodlets, creating name strings, a different ai when they are controlled, adding images/logos for moodlets, and testing them, they decided to use their time to develop one great feature, developing their ai.

When a modder enable the ability of controlling them, the way the pats act didn't affect their ai. I seen people said the devs are lying that making them controllable will make their "ai" less smart, but on development side, their ai won't be as smart as we have now if they divert their resources to another feature.

When TS3 Pets released, a lot of fans got bored with "be a pet" thing, complaining that the "have a pet" part wasn't fleshed out just like TS2 pets. I am one of those fans who are very happy that the "have a pet" in TS4 was great. For me removing one feature for the betterment of one that isn't fleshed out in the previous iterations that received many complaints means that the team take the opinions of their fans seriously. :)
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I still love the people on here who don't understand what "taken away" means.
    If you have nothing and they give you something then nothing is taken away from you.
    Even I'd it's not exactly what you want.

It's like saying your parents stole your car when you didn't have one but they gave you a blue instead of a red one

I love the pets in Sims 4. They're better than expected, the level of Cute us over 9000.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Dellen_03Dellen_03 Posts: 10 New Member
    I think it would have been a good compromise to turn off the ability to control our pets similar to how we can turn autonomy off.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Actually happy to not be able to control pets. It's much better than way.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    I am so annoyed by not being able to control the pets. Another reason to add just how much I dislike this version of the sims. Honestly was it too hard just to add a basic cheat to be able to control pets. A cheat would have done no harm to the game play. If you care to use it you can and if you did not care to use it you wouldn't. A win win for all players but once again EA turns a blind eye to simple solutions.
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top