Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get an ep this year?

aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
We have 3 more quartetly teasers this year I think so there's hope for those of you looking for an ep.

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it's a given we'll get at least one EP year. The question is if we'll ever get more than one
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why is this even a question? Do you think there's a chance that we won't get an EP in 2018?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    We get an EP every year.
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    edited January 2018
    We will obviously get one. The question is will we get more than one.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    ^ THIS. It's a given we get an EP. The question is indeed how many.
  • HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    I think we will get 2. Doesn't that seem to be the norm lately?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

So far, we've only gotten one EP per year.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Not with the Sims 4.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    We'll likely continue with the 1 EP a year, probably in Autumn for the holiday push. There are some rumors that we could see 3 GPs a year (we're still waiting for Witches or general Magic) but that's not a given either.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    We have gotten 2 EPs in 2015, though. But then they slowed down. Maybe sales aren't as good? Or Cats and Dogs took up a lot of resources?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    I'd really love it if we got more than one EP a year or more game packs than we currently do. I feel like stuff packs are just too frequent and don't provide the gameplay I'd love to see.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Might be the last TS4 EP. Maybe.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member

You wish. ;)
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I think now Pets is out of the way, there may be a chance we’ll get 2, since it was confirmed that the EP had been worked on since the start of the game.

Surely that means that either the team who worked on Pets are able to join the EP team or they were already on the EP team and so they will be able to work on a second project.

Honestly, as long as we get 2 Game Packs a year I’m fine with one EP.

2 Game Packs provide more variety and a simple amount of content as one EP so I’m fine with that.

People ask for 2 EPs a year, forgetting Game Packs exist.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We need 2!
  • MysticSireMysticSire Posts: 4 New Member
    I know it won't happen but i wish they would add a gamepack with witches because Sims3 supernatural was cool but having a whole witch system not just a quick project out of 5 other occult races would be soo cool.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

We’re half way through minimum according to SimGuruGrant.

Keep dreaming!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

We’re half way through minimum according to SimGuruGrant.

Keep dreaming!
    Err..!! He gotta stop announcing something else randomly! He needs to announce something else in expansion packs! Like either seasons or something else! I don't like how things happened by Grant!
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think now Pets is out of the way, there may be a chance we’ll get 2, since it was confirmed that the EP had been worked on since the start of the game.

Surely that means that either the team who worked on Pets are able to join the EP team or they were already on the EP team and so they will be able to work on a second project.

Honestly, as long as we get 2 Game Packs a year I’m fine with one EP.

2 Game Packs provide more variety and a simple amount of content as one EP so I’m fine with that.

People ask for 2 EPs a year, forgetting Game Packs exist.

I didn't forget about game packs, but I personally think 2 GPs don't equal one EP when you consider how much content each GP has. And the GPs are great, but an EP needs to have a broad but cohesive theme, and it should be greater than the sum of its parts.

Also, come to think of it, the toddler update must've taken a lot of resources too. Unless they're working on another big update right now, maybe the people who worked on toddlers could've helped with other tasks. We can only guess

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I think it's highly likely we'll get one this year. I wish it was two a year though.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    I'm not sure we're likely to get more than one this year given how big Cats and Dogs was. If we do it'd likely be late in the fall again.
  • aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why is this even a question? Do you think there's a chance that we won't get an EP in 2018?

I was just asking a question...
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

You're projecting again King ;)

We've already told and shown you multiple times that sims 4 is nowhere even close to being done, and is doing wonderful in sales.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have been away from the TS4 community for a while as I put my energy into 'UK related topics' elsewhere on the Internet. I see similarities between different communities. This place in comparisen no longer concerns me compared to those who support a certain bearded gentleman.

However I must stress that if TS4 is 'only halfway there' then TS4 must be as half baked as ever! I mean it is not like TS3 was only half done in 2013 :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg