Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Win. 10 folder icons disappeared (update: might be solved)

BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
edited January 2018 in Off Topic Chat
Could someone help me please?
My folder icons have disappeared, but only for sub-folders. To demonstrate what I mean:

Here are my main folders, I've used my music as an example, the icons are visible:
Nwt4sjV.png

But when viewing folders within folders, ie, the sub-folders within my sims 4 folder, the folder icons have disappeared; note how the folder icons for saves and tray aren't visible:
cIma7kL.png

The file explorer icon has also become invisible on my taskbar, appearing as a black square, as are some of these icons:
4tEoIky.png

Could someone help please? I was just backing up my files just now when I suddenly noticed it.
Gallery ID: babysquare
Post edited by BabySquare on

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Also, usually when I do a virus scan it scans about 650,000 files. I'm doing one now and it's up to 1,270,000 files. Something's not right.
    Update: I ran system restore and restored it to a week ago. Seems to have solved the problem but I'm wondering if it (and the huge number of new files) is something to do with the windows update that's wanting to install.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    That's odd. Did you accidentally disrupt a previous update or something?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    That's odd. Did you accidentally disrupt a previous update or something?

Nope. I think the new update to help fix the intel chip security flaw might have had something to do with it. A system restore sorted out my folder icons though. :)