Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Before Any More Wack Pack Ideas Get Thrown Our Way (Say What You Don't Think Should Be Released)

Laundry...as an independent SP. It should have been a feature in an EP (like "City Living") or GP (like "Parenthood"), but they gave it its own pack. That is wack. I don't care if people voted on it, the fact that they even presented people with the option to vote for laundry as its own independent pack instead of just putting it into a GP or EP is wack. So, to prevent any more wack SP's from being tossed our way, let us now list the things we do not want to see as its own wack pack.

1. Math Class (Yes, a pack that's just math class. Don't even think about it.)
2. Shoes
3. Dusting/Vacuuming
4. Making the Bed
5. Watching Paint Dry
6. Mowing the Lawn
7. Cleaning the Gutters
8. Going to the Grocery Store (Just give us grocery stores in a patch, huh?)
9. Breathing
10. You know what, anything having to do with housework. Don't make us pay for any more frickin' housework. Patch it in or forget it.
11. Going to the Eye Doctor
12. Going to the Dentist
13. Electrical Sockets and Light Switches
14. Any Celebrity Licensed Pack
15. Farts
16. Phrenology
17. String
18. Gloves for the Right Hand and Right Hand Only
19. Gloves for the Left Hand and Left Hand Only
20. The Letter "A" or any other single letter of the alphabet
21. In fact, the alphabet itself. Don't make us pay for the freaking alphabet.
22. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
23. Numbers. Any Number, every number. We don't want a Numbers Stuff Pack, you animals!
24. Dirt. Plain old dirt.
25. The Klopman Diamond

Please feel free to add your own wack packs that you definitely don't want to see. *mic-drop, exit stage right*
There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
5MNZlGQ.gif
When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I have a really bad cold right now so can not think at this point in time, but I agree with this message 100%, gave you a awesome, :)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Didn’t they add 15 in parenthood?
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Didn’t they add 15 in parenthood?

Sims have been farting since the base game. But, we don't need a Stuff Pack centered entirely around farts, and that's the point of this thread. Stuff Packs based around things that should really just be patched into the base game or incorporated into TS4's notoriously sparse Expansion Packs have got to go. Even Stuff Packs should be interesting and offer some unique mini-theme that would be hard to properly incorporate into a larger pack. They shouldn't be used to nickle-and-dime the consumer for basic content like hot tubs or laundry.

This complaint is probably falling on deaf ears since this game is being published by the same company that just tried to get away with shoving a free-to-play game's microtransaction-ridden progression system into a $60 AAA game...but we can always hope someone is listening, right?
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Laundry...as an independent SP. It should have been a feature in an EP (like "City Living") or GP (like "Parenthood"), but they gave it its own pack. That is wack. I don't care if people voted on it, the fact that they even presented people with the option to vote for laundry as its own independent pack instead of just putting it into a GP or EP is wack. So, to prevent any more wack SP's from being tossed our way, let us now list the things we do not want to see as its own wack pack.

2. Shoes
    3. Dusting/Vacuuming
    4. Making the Bed
    5. Watching Paint Dry
    6. Mowing the Lawn
    7. Cleaning the Gutters
    9. Breathing
    10. You know what, anything having to do with housework. Don't make us pay for any more frickin' housework. Patch it in or forget it.
    12. Going to the Dentist
    15. Farts
    16. Phrenology
    17. String
    23. Numbers. Any Number, every number. We don't want a Numbers Stuff Pack, you animals!
    25. The Klopman Diamond

Please feel free to add your own wack packs that you definitely don't want to see. *mic-drop, exit stage right*

I 100% agree with grocery stores. Lets not forget graveyards too. People say we supposedly can make grocery stores with GTW but the options there are so bleak, plus I never got the harvestables freezer to work for me. Hair saloons would be great too.I mean sims freeplay has it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqfi3sW563k&t=625s

And we do have farts. Slob sims fart a lot, plus any sim will fart with Outdoor Retreat's frank and beans and parenthood added player controled farting.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    OMG laughing so hard at the farting convo going on here. SO SO Funny!

Off topic, I would like to see a TEEN/HIGH SCHOOL expansion of some sort. We have never had that....like high school, prom, summer camp...things like that!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Players were begging for laundry and there weren't plans to add it in any other pack, so that's why we got it in the community-sourced pack. (I wouldn't mind some of the other survey ideas from that pack to make it in the game, like the jam/nectar making and the Off The Grid features.)

I don't really want the traditional University "party hearty" type pack -- I'd prefer something that focused on education for all levels, and different types of educaion experiences. Commuting to school instead of living on campus, or rental housing so you can take your entire family (would be good for the older student). Study options for kids/teens -- homeschooling or some sort of "study from home" similar to the work from home options in the City Living careers. With GT you could use the club system to create your own Greek system or secret societies so we wouldn't need that functionality in the pack. I'm just bored with so much focus on partying at University and would like more features for the serious student. These days, at least in the United States, college is so expensive that you can't afford to waste your time partying all the time.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited January 2018
    @SimsLovinLycan Is #25 a reference to the old Garfield cartoon?

Oh, and you stole my Watching Paint Dry pack idea! :smiley:
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    @MadIris wrote: »
    @SimsLovinLycan Is #25 a reference to the old Garfield cartoon?

Oh, and you stole my Watching Paint Dry pack idea! :smiley:

Yep. That show was my jam back in the day. It just seemed fitting to cap a list like this off with that reference...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
  • DJraxDJrax Posts: 50 Member
    I am just waiting for the "builders pack". You know, the pack that introduces spiral staircases and other useful objects for building the actual house itself? Will it ever be a thing? (never)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018

2. Shoes
    3. Dusting/Vacuuming
    4. Making the Bed
    5. Watching Paint Dry
    6. Mowing the Lawn
    7. Cleaning the Gutters
    9. Breathing
    12. Going to the Dentist
    15. Farts
    16. Phrenology
    17. String
    25. The Klopman Diamond

Graham said things that come in the stuff packs he makes he chooses from things they do not have planned to do in eps and gps. So if you don't get them in a stuff pack we won't get the stuff at all. He has said this many times and why stuff packs now can have some animated premium objects. You need to keep that in mind. So far I am glad of all the things I have gotten in the stuff packs and think how empty my game would feel without them - as that is the ONLY way we will get this stuff.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited January 2018
    - Colostomy bags
    - Pattycake (should be patched in, if ever)
    - Exploding phone batteries
    - Bedbugs
    - Ratty underwear

And so on.

Fortunately, the list of things I'd like to appear in any pack/patch is much shorter. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Cars :tongue: . Definitely, don't think they should have a fully focused pack personally. Should they be released? Sure for those who adore them. But a pack just for them (like in TS3)...naaah.

I agree 100% with @stilljustme2 the college party life has become pretty overrated and gets extremely boring after soooo long at this point to me. I'd really welcome a full out Education pack for all ages. It would actually benefit the higher educated sims later in their careers and the simleoans they bring home. And who doesn't love more simleoans? :wink:

I personally wouldn't wanna see a pointless collections pack (like collecting stuff...just to collect)...like...you collect a gem/rock...but what the heck do you do with it afterward? You can't craft jewelry out of it. And unless you're a scientist you can't sample it...(but really..what does that even do? lol) So it just collects dust...on the shelves... :lol:

I'd rather like to see an "Arts and Crafts" gp that finally utilizes at least the collectibles we already have as well as allowing the player/sim to create really great things: Like Jeweler, Florist, and Fashion Designer. And even artists actually utilizing the gems to create special valuable gem sculptures.

Bro pack. I wanna just say it now. Please no.

A full spider pack...just gross. :tongue: .

Any "one" clothing/style as a full stuffpack (Prep, goth, jock, nerd etc). I feel like there could easily be one fashion pack for all styles as they did in TS2 if they were going for those styles. But it feels like waaay to much to separate every single pack for a specific set of clothing style.

A # stuffpack :lol:

tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I definitely see what OP is saying. We're essentially expected to pay 10 dollars for our Sims to have an extra responsibility.

I just don't agree with re-releasing old content through stuff packs (e.g hot tubs, laundry, etc). I'd prefer stuff packs consist purely of new gameplay objects.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

And we do have farts. Slob sims fart a lot, plus any sim will fart with Outdoor Retreat's frank and beans and parenthood added player controled farting.

It annoys me to no end that a mobile game has so much more content than a AAA PC game. It's mind boggling.

I guess that if EA could ply us with unending nickle and dime in-game micro-purchases, we might finally get some of that interesting content (like what we used to have). Except, if that ever happened, I would drop kick TS4 so fast, the suits at EA would stay from wherever they are and feel the breeze.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • shaniadasieshaniadasie Posts: 9 New Member
    > @SimsLovinLycan said:
    > Laundry...as an independent SP. It should have been a feature in an EP (like "City Living") or GP (like "Parenthood"), but they gave it its own pack. That is wack. I don't care if people voted on it, the fact that they even presented people with the option to vote for laundry as its own independent pack instead of just putting it into a GP or EP is wack. So, to prevent any more wack SP's from being tossed our way, let us now list the things we do not want to see as its own wack pack.
    >
    > 1. Math Class (Yes, a pack that's just math class. Don't even think about it.)
    > 2. Shoes
    > 3. Dusting/Vacuuming
    > 4. Making the Bed
    > 5. Watching Paint Dry
    > 6. Mowing the Lawn
    > 7. Cleaning the Gutters
    > 8. Going to the Grocery Store (Just give us grocery stores in a patch, huh?)
    > 9. Breathing
    > 10. You know what, anything having to do with housework. Don't make us pay for any more frickin' housework. Patch it in or forget it.
    > 11. Going to the Eye Doctor
    > 12. Going to the Dentist
    > 13. Electrical Sockets and Light Switches
    > 14. Any Celebrity Licensed Pack
    > 15. Farts
    > 16. Phrenology
    > 17. String
    > 18. Gloves for the Right Hand and Right Hand Only
    > 19. Gloves for the Left Hand and Left Hand Only
    > 20. The Letter "A" or any other single letter of the alphabet
    > 21. In fact, the alphabet itself. Don't make us pay for the freaking alphabet.
    > 22. Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
    > 23. Numbers. Any Number, every number. We don't want a Numbers Stuff Pack, you animals!
    > 24. Dirt. Plain old dirt.
    > 25. The Klopman Diamond
    >
    >
    > Please feel free to add your own wack packs that you definitely don't want to see. *mic-drop, exit stage right*

I totally agree, we need more realistic packs and I never understood why not include packs into the game instead of buying them separate. Expansion packs. Like cats and dogs I get but having packs for that expansion sold separately is dumb.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    I'm agreeing with everything on this list, I mean as a patch, yeah throw them in the more the better but as features in packs or packs as a whole...No. Sims team please do not make us pay for this Plumbob!

At this point it would make sense for Sims 4 to sort of go BETA, let us decide what features we wanna see and trash whatever we don't or things that get low votes but alot of attention, add free in patches, stop giving us junk with a price tag
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's my understanding fun things in Stuff packs are rejects by EP an GP teams. They had/have no intention of adding things that wind up in stuff packs. So, though I agree with the premise of the thread and yes, some things would have fit better in EPs or GPs already released, SimGuruGraham is actually doing the community a favor by picking objects and things players want but have no chance of getting otherwise.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth, you will find trojans.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    17. String
    But... but...
    Macrame!
    :o

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It's my understanding fun things in Stuff packs are rejects by EP an GP teams. They had/have no intention of adding things that wind up in stuff packs. So, though I agree with the premise of the thread and yes, some things would have fit better in EPs or GPs already released, SimGuruGraham is actually doing the community a favor by picking objects and things players want but have no chance of getting otherwise.

its not a gift horse when they deliberately cannabis eps to sell stuff that should be in them for sp.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    geoffreypa wrote: »

its not a gift horse when they deliberately cannabis eps to sell stuff that should be in them for sp.

I agree with that, but I'm not sure they sit around and say hey, we should add bowling to CL, and one says, nah, let's hold it out and put it in a stuff pack. Maybe that does happen? But it might be more like no, we have to spend our resources on the backdrop, so you do it if you want to SimGuruGraham. That is conjecture but maybe it happens and maybe it doesn't.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Wouldn't you want to find the Trojans before they can sneak out and murder you? Just saying. ;)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Trojans were the recipients of said horse. The Greeks were the ones who built it and put soldiers inside to get them into the city of Troy.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The Trojans were the recipients of said horse. The Greeks were the ones who built it and put soldiers inside to get them into the city of Troy.

Yep, hence the phrase: Never trust a Greek bearing gifts..
    It's from Aeneid, classic literature.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

True stuff like bowling and hot tubs cant be expected to be brought out in expansions when the expansions are coming out with highly requested objects like the talking toilet and hookah. I'm still waiting on a stuff pack to bring in the pool table as we should never expect such a reject item in a expansion.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited January 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It annoys me to no end that a mobile game has so much more content than a AAA PC game. It's mind boggling.

I guess that if EA could ply us with unending nickle and dime in-game micro-purchases, we might finally get some of that interesting content (like what we used to have). Except, if that ever happened, I would drop kick TS4 so fast, the suits at EA would stay from wherever they are and feel the breeze.

Micro-purchases in mobile games never give us new gameplay! They are only stuff or about ways to speed the games a little up! So in mobile games new gameplay always come in free updates! The reason for this is that in MMO games all the gamers need to have the same version of the game to be able to visit eachother’s worlds. Therefore only stuff and speed-ups can be sold as micro-purchases.

But you are right that mobile games get new gameplay in free updates all the time anyway. The reason is the extreme importance for the game companies to keep as many gamers as possible playing the games such that the game companies still can get a lot of money both from micro-purchases and from showing adds in the games.

TS4 has been copying the idea about keeping more simmers playing by giving us more content in free updates to motivate us not to take long breaks from the game. Also the idea about more-but-smaller-and-cheaper packs to be released all the time seems clearly to be inspired from the micro-purchases in mobile games. But EA’s income from TS4 still mainly comes from selling a huge number of packs (and even more than ever before).
    Post edited by Erpe on