Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

A random person who tweeted something and then cat put it here for some reason.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I don't know! Can somebody tell me what the heck do those hotels or rentals look like for the second vacation game pack?

We do not know anything about hotels in the GP. People are just guessing. I think it will be like OR with a campsite you can rent or some small cabins or medium sized houses for rent, like in OR.

Someday we may get hotels (I want a Bed & Breakfast pack instead) but I don't think it will be in this pack. It should be it's own GP one day.

I wonder though would they make us pay twice for tents and stuff? o.O I hope not. I wanted those things to keep being exclusive to OR.

In OR, you could get tents there from the ranger station. Maybe you can rent one in the jungle too.

I'm sorry but that sound really stupid. Ahahaha "Let's rent a tent in the jungle". I mean...I'm sure somewhere in a jungle there's this random store near some ancient government protected ruins where we can just rent stuff. :D

I mean I don't know.... I just wanted something new. But hey maybe we'll get hammoks and sims can sleep under the tree leaves and vines. OR maybe sims will be able to craft beds out of jungle bamboo and vines like in Castaway.

crafting sounds good I want that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    I'm pleasantly surprised about this pack!! I've always wanted Sims to be able to carve a history or archaeology-based career out for themselves. If the collectible system in this pack took some more skill instead of just running around picking sparkly plants, I would enjoy that. Lots of interesting gameplay potential here. Would inspire me to actually use museums too back in the residential worlds if there were some rare objects only my Sims with a high Exploration skill or something could find during their adventures, and they had special effects for other Sims who came to view them.

I saw some speculation about a fear emotion but I doubt we'll get that. Sims who get scared and get Tense moodlets look like the guy in the trailer. Besides, I don't think they'd make a new emotion exclusive to one game pack. And while of course beaches aren't out of the question for a Central American-looking world, I think it's unlikely they'll be included in this pack. There's so much you can do with a pack where beaches are the main theme, and they like to keep the themes pretty tight and focused for game packs, which is why they've been so good overall.

I agree fear would have to be patch in so it could work with everything
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm sure they have something figured out for sims who might just want to relax in the jungle and avoid being eaten by piranha (that would be cool). Maybe a rental campsite or huts or houses that fit the location. It ALL can't be jungle. There might be a few natives around.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member

Controversial how? You are joking right..
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »

There was a huge stink kicked up by the fanbase at the time, as the gameplay was considered un-Sims like.
    It also wasn't as financially successful as they hoped, which is why future EPs tended to play it safe.
    wJbomAo.png
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

There was a huge stink kicked up by the fanbase at the time, as the gameplay was considered un-Sims like.
    It also wasn't as financially successful as they hoped, which is why future EPs tended to play it safe.

I also seem to remember there was a MASSIVE issue with launch that people had trouble installing the game, getting it to work, etc. If my memory serves correctly, wasn't there some sort of issue with the region codes or something?? Like people couldn't install it because of some error with the region code or something along that line? I just remember that the launch seemed to be plagued with issues - which isn't necessarily unexpected with a first pack but it was a little over the top if I remember correctly. I think it really set people off and caused some negative views of the pack before it even had a chance.

I think the pack looks fun but I can't say too much off the whopping 4 seconds I've seen of it. I think it's very possible that, if it is at all vacation themed like Outdoor Retreat was, that there could be a lot that has a little beach area for fishing or something. I don't think we'll see the type of beach people are hoping for. I don't think there will be swimmable oceans/rivers/whatever. I'm not holding my breath for that period, to be honest, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one day. As others have said, there were both jungle/ruins and beach elements in Twikkii Island. Who knows. I don't think I've seen enough to convince me there's anything beach related but I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't count it out. All I've really focused on is the skeleton, I'm intrigued by that! And the concept art that was shown earlier excites me - if they're at all related or if they're similar in idea/content, I'm excited. I get a very cool voodoo/ancient ritual type of vibe from that concept art which would be awesome. Tomb exploration would be fun to see back too - I agree that WA was not my fave TS3 pack but the tombs were fun to do once in awhile! I'm excited to hear more info on it :)

Does anyone know if the items in these teasers are shown in order of their expected releases? Both of these say winter 2018...I'm excited for laundry, but more excited for this so I would be ecstatic if this came first. But I'm assuming that they're in order of how they're shown in the teaser.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

That art work of the voodoo shop is very old. It isn't a part of this upcoming adventure pack.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Is that wishful thinking as according to the rating chart it was #7 on the charts of the top selling games of 2009 - oh and on that same chart the #1 top selling game of 2009 was the Sims 3 Base game. So it obviously sold quite well to come in 7th place out of all the games sold in 2009.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited January 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Is that wishful thinking as according to the rating chart it was #7 on the charts of the top selling games of 2009 - oh and on that same chart the #1 top selling game of 2009 was the Sims 3 Base game. So it obviously sold quite well to come in 7th place out of all the games sold in 2009.

Fair enough.

I guess my memory of obscure financial data from 10 years ago isn't as good as it used to be.
    wJbomAo.png
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    I think people's hopes are over the roof and I think that a lot of you will not be happy. This is The Sims 4, guys... the packs are not as broad as they used to be in previous iterations. Especially that it's a GAME PACK, not EP which means it would focus on some specific features, like adventures in jungle and aztec ruins with some funky NPC and hidden lot. It's not World Adventures, with various destinations. It's not a pack covering travelling in general. It's probably gonna be just one new vacation destination, similar to OR, but tropically themed. They might add for example sleeping bags and world would provide some camping lots and areas for sims to explore, probably with new collectibles. I really hope for some new gameplay features, OR feels empty and boring to me.
    And that's how I imagine this back based on my experiences with this game. I'm not a happy bunny.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Am I the only one who finds it weird and lazily done when this EP theme is tropical/jungle and there's no mention of rain..
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2018

Controversial how? You are joking right...

Well...I'm not fully sure, but I'm wondering if their talking about this old thread? I'm guessing a few forgot about it, but I definitely remember a heated debate between adventure and vacation. Some wanted them separated, some wanted them both together and optional, Some only wanted one of them. But as far as I saw, only a few wanted a full blown out WA.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    graventhe wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds it weird and lazily done when this EP theme is tropical/jungle and there's no mention of rain..

Seasons will come eventually.
    wJbomAo.png
    edited January 2018
    Yep on the forums many people did complain because not a single one of the 3 offered vacations was very friendly for a family vacation or Honeymoons.

But those who liked to play just single or YA sims seemed to like it fine. I did try to take a couple to Egypt for a Honeymoon and the first night there my sims earned the bad reputation for woohoo in the tent in camp - I mean they were on their honeymoon for heaven's sake - and I spent a long time trying to fix their reputations - so I learned my lesson - no more Honeymoons to WA worlds. LOL.

I do love the game, playing as Adventure Sims and Explorers though. It was loads of fun to finally make it through all the tombs and then build a museum with all the stuff my Sims had brought back. The pay was amazing too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,585 Member
    Didn't Graham (or another guru, but I think it was Graham) say that he was excited to be able to do something he didn't think they were going to be able to do, and got the okay for it??? Probably the timing of the statement is off, but I wouldn't be surprised if this pack is what he meant by it.

Either way, I'm very excited at the possibility of a WA-esque pack. Even if watered down compared to Sims 3, GP team always does a good job and I'm sure they can work out something on another angle.
    I think people's hopes are over the roof and I think that a lot of you will not be happy. This is The Sims 4, guys... the packs are not as broad as they used to be in previous iterations. Especially that it's a GAME PACK, not EP which means it would focus on some specific features, like adventures in jungle and aztec ruins with some funky NPC and hidden lot. It's not World Adventures, with various destinations. It's not a pack covering travelling in general. It's probably gonna be just one new vacation destination, similar to OR, but tropically themed. They might add for example sleeping bags and world would provide some camping lots and areas for sims to explore, probably with new collectibles. I really hope for some new gameplay features, OR feels empty and boring to me.
    And that's how I imagine this back based on my experiences with this game. I'm not a happy bunny.

I am ecstatic because it IS a gamepack. I mean look what they did for Vampires - so yes very excited myself.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited January 2018
    graventhe wrote: »

To be fair a sneak peek doesn't mention anything - it does not mention jungle - The players did. How can you insult the devs and call them lazy when none of us actually KNOW anything yet? That's not very nice of you. Also it's not an ep - it's a gp.

There was no weather in WA either.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »

I also seem to remember there was a MASSIVE issue with launch that people had trouble installing the game, getting it to work, etc. If my memory serves correctly, wasn't there some sort of issue with the region codes or something?? Like people couldn't install it because of some error with the region code or something along that line? I just remember that the launch seemed to be plagued with issues - which isn't necessarily unexpected with a first pack but it was a little over the top if I remember correctly. I think it really set people off and caused some negative views of the pack before it even had a chance.

I think the pack looks fun but I can't say too much off the whopping 4 seconds I've seen of it. I think it's very possible that, if it is at all vacation themed like Outdoor Retreat was, that there could be a lot that has a little beach area for fishing or something. I don't think we'll see the type of beach people are hoping for. I don't think there will be swimmable oceans/rivers/whatever. I'm not holding my breath for that period, to be honest, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one day. As others have said, there were both jungle/ruins and beach elements in Twikkii Island. Who knows. I don't think I've seen enough to convince me there's anything beach related but I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't count it out. All I've really focused on is the skeleton, I'm intrigued by that! And the concept art that was shown earlier excites me - if they're at all related or if they're similar in idea/content, I'm excited. I get a very cool voodoo/ancient ritual type of vibe from that concept art which would be awesome. Tomb exploration would be fun to see back too - I agree that WA was not my fave TS3 pack but the tombs were fun to do once in awhile! I'm excited to hear more info on it :)

Does anyone know if the items in these teasers are shown in order of their expected releases? Both of these say winter 2018...I'm excited for laundry, but more excited for this so I would be ecstatic if this came first. But I'm assuming that they're in order of how they're shown in the teaser.

Our Sims can fish at the beaches now in Brendleton Bay but don't even have beach activities. You can't place anything on the sand.
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Didn't Graham (or another guru, but I think it was Graham) say that he was excited to be able to do something he didn't think they were going to be able to do, and got the okay for it??? Probably the timing of the statement is off, but I wouldn't be surprised if this pack is what he meant by it.

Either way, I'm very excited at the possibility of a WA-esque pack. Even if watered down compared to Sims 3, GP team always does a good job and I'm sure they can work out something on another angle.

Graham is over Stuffpacks. SGNinja is over Gamepacks.
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    If it's anything like World Adventures in TS3, I don't think I'll buy it. There's zero replay value in a pack like this. Not to mention it'll only be one world so it'll have even less content, and like 5 lots total. Hardly worth half of what World Adventures sold for at the time.

Disappointing. The GP team was on roll with all their releases.
    I have to wonder though if this pack could bring is the picnic basket. If your in a tomb those would come in handy.
  • NikNakNikNak Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2018
    If we do get explorable tombs, I get this feeling that the way they're going to try and sell it is by using the community.

I can hear the condescending voice-over woman now:

"..AND WITH THE GALLERY, YOU'LL NEVER RUN OUT OF TOMBS TO EXPLORE! WITH YOUR CREATIVITY YOU CAN CREATE YOUR VERY OWN AMAZING TOMBS TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD! *insert corny joke about skeletons here*"
    Post edited by NikNak on
    a_niles06 wrote: »

Our Sims can fish at the beaches now in Brendleton Bay but don't even have beach activities. You can't place anything on the sand.

You can place a tent, chairs, cooler or anything else that is in your sims inventory anywhere in any world can't you?
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    NikNak wrote: »
    If we do get explorable tombs, I get this feeling that the way they're going to try and sell it is by using the community.

I can hear the condescending voice-over woman now:

"..AND WITH THE GALLERY, YOU'LL NEVER RUN OUT OF TOMBS TO EXPLORE! WITH YOUR CREATIVITY YOU CAN CREATE YOUR VERY OWN AMAZING TOMBS TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD! *insert corny joke about skeletons here*"

I actually could see a great benefit from the gallery here.
    WA for me lost replay-ability because my brain memorized the puzzles on the first run through.
    And you can't exactly be surprised by your own puzzles.

Still loved WA and would be thrilled to see something similar.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top