Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Storybrook County safe?

Is the player-made Storybrook county safe to download? I remember playing it a little back in 2015 and my game started crashing. I removed the world and the crashing stopped, which was unfortunate because I absolutely loved it!

Do any of you guys here use the world and has it caused you any issues?

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've never used the world in actual gameplay myself, but do have it downloaded and installed. I may have used it for testing something long ago. By reputation It's one of the best made custom worlds out there. It's odd that the world itself would have caused crashing issues.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes, I've used it a couple times. It is a large world so if your computer is the bare minimum it might not work right.

Or if you are missing some of the items used in the world, that might cause a crash too.

I loved it, but it was too big for me. I would get Error 12's when trying to save after generation or two.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Yes, it is, but it's too big of a world (if already populated it can be very glitchy)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I defer to the others then. It's usually larger worlds like Alpine County and a few other famous ones that are too large by design for most to play for very long.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    Thanks guys! My computer is pretty high end and has been able to run the game no problem. I've had it freeze twice while playing and had to abort with saving twice since I bought it in 2015. Other than that (and the Storybook problems) I've never had any issues.

I'm mostly looking for a better version of bridgeport with more lots and more areas to expand in the city. Storybook (although different) seemed like it might have suited my needs. If you guys know of any other worlds like that, I'd be open to suggestion!
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    I have Storybrook County installed and have a current save going there. The world was created by a reputable builder. I’ve never had any issues with it. It is similar to Bridgeport, but not as big, and it has a nice suburban section with plenty of single family homes.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Of course! Along with Evansdale County, Storybrook is my favourite map. Never had a problem with it and it's a beautiful town :)
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Yes it is fine BUT I'll say I personally had a ton of issues with it. Within a few sim weeks I got so many errors popping up and my game froze every few seconds. It was the first winter so probably more like a week into the game.

I downloaded legacy island III which is pretty similar and doesn't give me problems.

Stoeybrook is sooo beautiful but it didn't work for me so I gave up on it. Try it and see
  • RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    Any thoughts on Brooklyn Heights?
  • Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    Storybrook hmm... Sounds like someone is a OUAT fan. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've been playing my 100 baby challenge in the lite version of it and it's currently the summer of 1552 there now and my settlers are working on expanding their homes to make room for future babies and other settlers may arrive any time over the the coming years.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg