Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    edited January 2018
    My current sim family got another doggy as addition to the family.
    cBhfkTR.jpg
    oUqhhky.jpg
    A dalmatian pup called Spotty.

Now, onto how they celebrated New Year's Eve:
    aKDckMk.jpg
    They celebrated with some of their friends, dancing, playing and singing. xD
    ACQgYCh.jpg
    The guy in the red jacket is crushing on Linda! ... as you can see in his eager smile once she started dancing with him lol.
    sCsgrY9.jpg
    At midnight, they went outside to greet Father Time and make some noise.
    StusOVA.jpg
    And play with some firecracker stuff.

3j9xjNH.jpg
    Richard mopping up a puddle (or is it dog pee D:) while a stray dog is clearly trying to provoke him.

GriFK7M.jpg
    Linda is trying on a new outfit for a night out in Downtown.
    cAI4p1z.jpg
    August (I think), Richard and Linda being the stars of the karaoke bar. xD
    6hn4Sbf.jpg
    The women seem to enjoy Augusts singing lol. Richard and Linda are doing a more romantic slow dance.
    rJqcvGD.jpg
    DBRJ0pK.jpg
    Then they went to grab a bite as a nice ending of a fun evening.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Remember this ? Do you want a good laugh ?
    I've finished a house, and I'm so proud of the exterior look:
    cqjvc7gmugvj.jpg
    I'm not playing that much (driving license again, i was supposed to pass the exam but the examiner never showed up, no one know why he didn't came. So now my exam is the 4th of January, i don't feel ready yet, but well) And when i play, i concentrate on building, i need more house ^^

I've got new, I was supposed to pass the exam tomorrow, but they call me saying that ... The inspector is sick, so the exam are reported, Taddaaa ! I came to think that i'm cursed :D

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @RedDestiny92 Nice update! Not a lot of drama in this one!

@Nindl Oh those are really cute! Thanks for sharing them!

@Sally1502 Ah the new puppy is cute! Looks like your sims celebrated New Years in style!

@lulubadwolf What in the world? Do they only have one guy that does the tests? I think you are right... you are cursed! :D
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,841 Member
    @JULES1111 really not even in a girl taking her dead mother's leftovers heheh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    So, I have learned how to recolour paintings from the game using SimPe and came up with an idea...

Have you ever wondered where the picture goes that is taken after you created your Sims in Create a Family? Wouldn't they have it? I thought so, so I took the screenshot I made from them back then in Create a Family, cropped it and turned it into a framed picture with SimPe - now it hangs in their house. :smiley:

18mRMtA.png

Of course, you could do this with any picture(s) you took of your family. I think it would be also interesting for a legacy type of family to see how the family develops, maybe make a group picture every now and then or so. I know you can take family pictures in game as well, but regarding the Create a Family pic, that would not work. Also, this way you can choose from more fancy frames.

If you want, I could create a family picture for your Sims, or you can do it easily yourself following this tutorial. :)
    edited January 2018
    @JULES1111
    Yes, I like making small dogs chubby and their heads bigger so they look like real puppies. I had downloaded cute bow ties for the two doggies to wear at New Years Eve but of course forgot to put them on. >__< Just like I forgot to put on the perfume for Linda for Christmas and then for New Years Eve. xD
    Thank you, their party was again a bit crazy but fun lol.

@Nindl
    Great idea! I really like all your creative sharing with us.
    Please make a framed picture of my family. I send you the picture. ^__^
    Post edited by Sally1502 on
    @Sally1502
    Thank you! Done, I sent you the file. :)
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    @JULES1111 In fact yes, they is only one guy that does the test. So if he is not here ... :| They said to me "this is the first time this situation happen", it's like the only two day he is absent within one month are the two days i'm passing the test. Lucky me. :D
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Nindl wrote: »

Of course, you could do this with any picture(s) you took of your family. I think it would be also interesting for a legacy type of family to see how the family develops, maybe make a group picture every now and then or so. I know you can take family pictures in game as well, but regarding the Create a Family pic, that would not work. Also, this way you can choose from more fancy frames.

If you want, I could create a family picture for your Sims, or you can do it easily yourself following this tutorial. :)

I love this. Couldn't you also do a screen cap and put that pic into the pic directory that a painter could paint a custom pic? Hum...

@Rhiannon58
    Thank you! You mean the Paintings folder, where the custom paintings are that Sims can paint? Yes, that should work, too! However, the paintings done with the easel all have that vertical shape so a square or horizontal picture will either be stretched or cut off, I think.
    True. I still think I'll give it a try. I have a mother/daughter painting team who have a gallery where they sell custom paintings. Right now, there are paintings of my RL children when they were babies all over my city. *laughs*
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Nindl - awesome idea with the family portrait!!

@Sally1502 - What a cute new puppy addition! And I love Linda's new downtown outfit!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    O.K. I finally rotated back to Collinwood after Roger had passed (I had to get over it myself, lol) in that fire which I still think Vickie summoned to happen. She went out for a bite to eat at my local diner and saw Professor Stokes there, she asked him to join her (group just for fun) so they could have dinner together. He confessed (hearts over his head and picture) of Mrs. Johnson (housekeeper at Collinwood) that he had a crush on her. They discussed that for a few minutes (both had her face and picture over their heads with hearts floating). Vickie went back home and things churned along (she needed to help Amy and David with homework etc.) Next day, Mrs. Johnson was in the kitchen fixing to prepare their dinners (high cooking skills) when she caught the kitchen on fire! And who was standing in the kitchen for no apparent reason? Vickie and Quentin. She caught fire but thank goodness the fireman arrived in time and put her out after Elizabeth ran into the room to extinquish her and the stove fire.

Now, who is doing this? Lol. Vickie or Quentin. I think this time it was Quentin since I had moved him out to make room for Vickie and he was just there on a visit. I zoomed into to see his face and I could swear he had a smirk. lol

ETA: It was Mrs. Johnson who caught fire....now either Vickie is doing this to kill off the whole family, or Quentin was mad for being removed and Vickie taking his bedroom. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Rhiannon58
    That is cute! And I like the idea with the gallery selling paintings.

@vancanuckfan86
    Thank you!
    Here is what my Sims have been up to lately. :mrgreen:

5wleI3d.jpg

They are working on setting up a home business. The father is crafting toys and toy robots - and he made a CleanBot for his wife. It's a pity that it doesn't clean showers and stuff, but I guess that would be overpowered, wouldn't it. :D It's still a useful automatic vacuum cleaner type of thing. By the way, the posters you can see next to the shelves are custom ones I made for advertising the products they sell. I will post about them later in detail once I made more. And then there are two pictures of the mother having a good time with her daughters - they had lot's of snow days lately!
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Sally1502 Dalmatians! I love them. :)

@Nindl I forgot about that, but I should totally put some sceenshots in the custom paintings folder for my sims to paint...

When I last played I played the Ultra & Mawar household, which is KNEE DEEP IN CHILDREN AND DRAMA.

Denise Ultra convinced her husband Jasen to try for a third child, even though his Ideal Family size is long past exceeded. They didn't conceive quickly, but now not only is Denise pregnant, but they're fighting again. (Based on me rolling dice for whether or not they'd fight about this...) At least they finished "paying off the house."

Their oldest, Phoebe, is doing well in school and making friends with her half siblings Taylor and Austin Du Vall, Jasen's illigitimate kids. Second born Robin is about to age up into a child, and he has platinum aspiration. Which is good, because his cousin Wellesley, with whom he shares a nursery, is turning out to be a problem toddler. It's been a full sim day and he hasn't learned a toddler skill yet because the adults are so busy... and he accidentally got left upstairs to play in the toilet for several hours. :)

Denise's twin brother Mikael Mawar and his wife Brynne are currently giving each other the cold shoulder after Mikael confessed to cheating on Brynne with neighbor Ashleigh Du Vall. They're constantly rolling wants to flirt with each other though, so I'm pretty sure that after a couple days they'll be busy reaffirming their relationship.

Their oldest daughter Merideth is constantly too tired or bored to study, and Wellesley keeps getting forgotten in the household's chaos.

And in two days Denise is going to have ANOTHER baby, because I don't know when to quit anymore. I did pick out names though: Drake or Wren, because I accidentally gave her bird-themed children. :)

Meanwhile, Brynne is the only employed adult in the house because nobody else's jobs are showing up in the paper, and Mikael has made over $100k in his art shop... so it's not like he needs a job for anything except fulfilling his LTW.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
    edited January 2018
    Nindl wrote: »
    @Rhiannon58
    That is cute! And I like the idea with the gallery selling paintings.

Thus far, it’s a very slow growing business. I think it’s only a level 2 after quite a long time. Not sure why that is. She has good sales each time she opens. Now her daughter is in the business so we are opening more often. Maybe that will help.
    @Nindl Oh that is awesome! I wish I knew how to use SimPE. Not a clue though, and quite frankly to lazy to learn. :D Wow someones sims have been busy making things! That is cool. I see a good game of Don't Wake The Llama going on there!

@Cinebar Vickie is evil!! :D How many fires can she start in a lifetime.... I think you are right, she is trying to knock everyone off. :D

@Scribal_Goddess Wow much drama! Poor Wellesley, not getting enough attention!

@Rhiannon58 Never had a business selling paintings. Hopefully things will start picking up for it.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    everyone has nice pics.. :) makes me nostalgic. I recently started playing TS2 again after finally finding a staple skinset & eye set! here are some pics of my two sims:
    Brenna Patrick; she's a YA with the pleasure aspiration, very goofy and fun to play lol.

tumblr_p25b1euhgb1wlk55fo2_540.png
    tumblr_p25b1euhgb1wlk55fo1_540.png

tumblr_p25bmtPSNy1wlk55fo1_540.png
    tumblr_p25bmtPSNy1wlk55fo2_540.png

Corrie Lease; she's a adult with the romance aspiration! I didn't want to tie her down to anyone so I had her adopt a child.. his name is Renaud. (:

tumblr_p1bm58ek7j1wlk55fo1_540.png
    tumblr_p1boleEzlc1wlk55fo1_540.png

tumblr_p22dugSyuU1wlk55fo1_540.png
    tumblr_p22dugSyuU1wlk55fo3_540.png
    tumblr_p22dugSyuU1wlk55fo2_540.png

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @Nindl Oh that is awesome! I wish I knew how to use SimPE. Not a clue though, and quite frankly to lazy to learn. :D Wow someones sims have been busy making things! That is cool. I see a good game of Don't Wake The Llama going on there!

@Cinebar Vickie is evil!! :D How many fires can she start in a lifetime.... I think you are right, she is trying to knock everyone off. :D

@Scribal_Goddess Wow much drama! Poor Wellesley, not getting enough attention!

@Rhiannon58 Never had a business selling paintings. Hopefully things will start picking up for it.

When I move in new characters to the hood, she is now always part of the welcome wagon. It doesn't make sense, the game is supposed to draw Sims from the closest houses but it will skip a near by neighbor to a new house and pull her from Collinwood which is across the map from the main town streets. :o It's weird she is always one of the welcome wagon, and I expect new families will have fires, too, if she has been there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @Nindl
    Thanks! Well done!! Very nice update of your family. The posters look great!

@vancanuckfan86
    Thank you! The outfit is a conversion from The Sims Bustin' Out.

@Scribal_Goddess
    Haha, they are cute indeed. Sounds like there is a lot going on with your sims, I'd love to see pics!

@ohmyohmy
    Cool sims you got there! The skin and eyes look very nice. May I ask where you got them from?
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    @Sally1502, thanks~ I got the main skinset from littlelittlesimmies also two from ZephyrSteph on Modthesims and the eyes are by fanseelamb.
    @ohmyohmy Nice sims you have started! Welcome back to 2. Feel free to keep us informed what is happening in your game. We love reading stories.

@Cinebar :D Vickie is scouting out her new victims. I suspect you will have your fire dept. very busy! Maybe you should install sprinklers in everyones house :joy:
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Finally got a bit of play time in today :)

Julie grew into an adult and found a job at a local coffee shop. She doesn't make a ton of money but with the help of her parents she was able to get a little place of her own downtown:

38670545545_3af4fb0355_z.jpg

Now that Julie was living on her own she was going to live the life. She spends nearly every night at the local pool hall. She loves to make bets with the local men playing pool or playing some poker:

38670546665_3c2e85bc86_z.jpg

38670546585_1099a951f2_z.jpg

Not long after Julie started making regular appearances at the local pool hall the men were fighting tooth and nail over her:

39566512071_7422bb8b6d_z.jpg

Julie has particularly enjoyed the company of Abhijeet but he isn't long term material since he doesn't have a high paying job. He currently works at one of the local fast food joints:

38670545625_1c24b237ce_z.jpg

Julie decided she should adopt a puppy since she is living alone. Her name is Suzi and she is adorable:

24699081857_ac4a31b389_z.jpg

Now I will transfer back to the Rhodes household where Jeremy will grow into an adult and Samantha and Michael will continue to live their elder years out. Probably won't get much play time in for a bit but at least I got some time in today :smiley: !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top