Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I hope we can take family vacations, and the focus isn't only on adults.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In S3, sims stayed at hostels. I would love it if they had hostels but it will probably be like OR with camp sites and rentals. Maybe I could make a Tarzan-like tree house for my sims to rent. It would be great to be able to live there too. Or Swiss Family Robinson type of house.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Adventure vacations and kids did not go well in Sims 3 or in real life either, Teens maybe but under that the kids hindered the tomb searching. As it required high logic, lots of strength, and not for the faint of heart, as well as hunger, tiredness, and no bathroom facilities. Not kid friendly really in Sims 3 anyway. I preferred touring with YA's and AD's - roommates or just couples in Sims 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I don't know! Can somebody tell me what the heck do those hotels or rentals look like for the second vacation game pack?
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I don't know! Can somebody tell me what the heck do those hotels or rentals look like for the second vacation game pack?

We do not know anything about hotels in the GP. People are just guessing. I think it will be like OR with a campsite you can rent or some small cabins or medium sized houses for rent, like in OR.

Someday we may get hotels (I want a Bed & Breakfast pack instead) but I don't think it will be in this pack. It should be it's own GP one day.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018

What?

You mean Outdoor Retreat? They are normal houses/lots but you can rent them. That's it. I don't even know if we can set the prices ourselves or not. I have no idea how it works.

In TS2 and TS3 it was different.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

We do not know anything about hotels in the GP. People are just guessing. I think it will be like OR with a campsite you can rent or some small cabins or medium sized houses for rent, like in OR.

Someday we may get hotels (I want a Bed & Breakfast pack instead) but I don't think it will be in this pack. It should be it's own GP one day.

I wonder though would they make us pay twice for tents and stuff? o.O I hope not. I wanted those things to keep being exclusive to OR.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    What if it is an adventure in some ruins and caverns and you fight your way to the end only to discover a group of skeleton doing their laundry?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think there will only be one place to stay at that way they can use the lot space for other things
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I wonder though would they make us pay twice for tents and stuff? o.O I hope not. I wanted those things to keep being exclusive to OR.

In OR, you could get tents there from the ranger station. Maybe you can rent one in the jungle too.
    edited January 2018

In OR, you could get tents there from the ranger station. Maybe you can rent one in the jungle too.

I'm sorry but that sound really stupid. Ahahaha "Let's rent a tent in the jungle". I mean...I'm sure somewhere in a jungle there's this random store near some ancient government protected ruins where we can just rent stuff. :D

I mean I don't know.... I just wanted something new. But hey maybe we'll get hammoks and sims can sleep under the tree leaves and vines. OR maybe sims will be able to craft beds out of jungle bamboo and vines like in Castaway.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Why? It would take no extra effort to add the tents to this pack as well, and would help boost the pack.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

Why? It would take no extra effort to add the tents to this pack as well, and would help boost the pack.

It would unboost OR. Plus I just want something new.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I mean I don't know.... I just wanted something new. But hey maybe we'll get hammoks and sims can sleep under the tree leaves and vines. OR maybe sims will be able to craft beds out of jungle bamboo and vines like in Castaway.

Ooooooh that would be awesome! :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hope our pets can tag along.

Can pets go to OR? :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Can pets go to OR? :o

Yes.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Maybe I'm just beyond cynical at this point, but I'll say that tiny little teaser already killed my interest for the pack.

Sims 3: "Hey let's make an ominous Mummy curse that haunts your Sims and gets progressively worse til they expire, and it's well within reason that a Sim could die in a tomb!"

Sims 4: "Oh look an ancient mummy teehee teehee :) How nice! I should grin so hard my lips start clipping through my eyeballs. Life sure is great and fantastic and nothing bad ever happens! Infact, the ancient cursed mummy just started breakdancing LOL :D Weirder stories!!! LOL!! :D #BlameSteve"

Yeah, it's four seconds, and it still rubs me the wrong way. It's supposed to preview the pack, and we actually have Sims laughing about tomb raiding. Would they introduce that pack in such a way if that didn't match the tone of tomb raiding...? That sounds about right for Sims 4. Turn everything on earth into a positive story where nothing bad can happen, until we're all puking rainbows because of how sickeningly boring, bland and uneventful our gameplay is.

Granted, it could be the complete opposite. After all, it's just 4 seconds and World Adventures was a gameplay-focused pack. However, I've thumbed through and others have already pointed out that an adventure game pack seems difficult to pull off. The most lots we ever got from a GP was like 5, and a single World Adventures world had more than that. It's very difficult to picture them pulling this off unless they've made a system that randomizes dungeon layouts or something.

I just know my interest in this game is basically dead. Haven't played in months, and I don't even post here much anymore. Seeing that teaser and seeing a Sim laughing at a spoopy skeleton...? Yeah, I'm not exactly longing to buy the pack here...if it turns out to be good, then good for it, but forgive me if I don't manage to wait around to find out, cause I'm already seeing a red flag indicating another tell-tale habit of Sims 4 design. Best case scenario it's just the teaser maker missing the memo that tombs aren't a place to go to frolick through a daisy meadow, worst case scenario a mummy emerges from it's crypt and your Sim gets a +1 Tense moodlet.

They are laughing because because in Willow Creek the guy is talking about a Skeleton (probably referencing a curse) and afterward he’s actually turned into one.

I don’t see it a reason to be scared if a Sim they know is affected by a curse?

I’m sure if a Mummy causes the curse, they won’t giggle at the Mummy.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »

He’s a Simmer. Pretty certain they are a member here.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I'm pleasantly surprised about this pack!! I've always wanted Sims to be able to carve a history or archaeology-based career out for themselves. If the collectible system in this pack took some more skill instead of just running around picking sparkly plants, I would enjoy that. Lots of interesting gameplay potential here. Would inspire me to actually use museums too back in the residential worlds if there were some rare objects only my Sims with a high Exploration skill or something could find during their adventures, and they had special effects for other Sims who came to view them.

I saw some speculation about a fear emotion but I doubt we'll get that. Sims who get scared and get Tense moodlets look like the guy in the trailer. Besides, I don't think they'd make a new emotion exclusive to one game pack. And while of course beaches aren't out of the question for a Central American-looking world, I think it's unlikely they'll be included in this pack. There's so much you can do with a pack where beaches are the main theme, and they like to keep the themes pretty tight and focused for game packs, which is why they've been so good overall.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    What if it is an adventure in some ruins and caverns and you fight your way to the end only to discover a group of skeleton doing their laundry?

:D:D

I'm glad that holiday destinations haven't gone down the EP route; but having a GP for each we might eventually have more than 3 locations.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just beyond cynical at this point, but I'll say that tiny little teaser already killed my interest for the pack.

Sims 3: "Hey let's make an ominous Mummy curse that haunts your Sims and gets progressively worse til they expire, and it's well within reason that a Sim could die in a tomb!"

Sims 4: "Oh look an ancient mummy teehee teehee :) How nice! I should grin so hard my lips start clipping through my eyeballs. Life sure is great and fantastic and nothing bad ever happens! Infact, the ancient cursed mummy just started breakdancing LOL :D Weirder stories!!! LOL!! :D #BlameSteve"

Yeah, it's four seconds, and it still rubs me the wrong way. It's supposed to preview the pack, and we actually have Sims laughing about tomb raiding. Would they introduce that pack in such a way if that didn't match the tone of tomb raiding...? That sounds about right for Sims 4. Turn everything on earth into a positive story where nothing bad can happen, until we're all puking rainbows because of how sickeningly boring, bland and uneventful our gameplay is.

Granted, it could be the complete opposite. After all, it's just 4 seconds and World Adventures was a gameplay-focused pack. However, I've thumbed through and others have already pointed out that an adventure game pack seems difficult to pull off. The most lots we ever got from a GP was like 5, and a single World Adventures world had more than that. It's very difficult to picture them pulling this off unless they've made a system that randomizes dungeon layouts or something.

I just know my interest in this game is basically dead. Haven't played in months, and I don't even post here much anymore. Seeing that teaser and seeing a Sim laughing at a spoopy skeleton...? Yeah, I'm not exactly longing to buy the pack here...if it turns out to be good, then good for it, but forgive me if I don't manage to wait around to find out, cause I'm already seeing a red flag indicating another tell-tale habit of Sims 4 design. Best case scenario it's just the teaser maker missing the memo that tombs aren't a place to go to frolick through a daisy meadow, worst case scenario a mummy emerges from it's crypt and your Sim gets a +1 Tense moodlet.

They are laughing because because in Willow Creek the guy is talking about a Skeleton (probably referencing a curse) and afterward he’s actually turned into one.

I don’t see it a reason to be scared if a Sim they know is affected by a curse?

I’m sure if a Mummy causes the curse, they won’t giggle at the Mummy.

Genuinely curious: where is Willow creek referred to in this short clip?

To me it looks like a guy telling a story, laughing and giggling and then poof he’s a skeleton.

I think @DeservedCriticism has a point, watch the trailer for world adventures and the tone is different. Things like skeletons and mummies shouldn’t be humorous it should be scary maybe creepy if you aren’t easily bothered by such sights but I don’t know. Something tells me the amount of danger in this pack is slim to nil.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I hope someone can make Bonehilda.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    If the Danger in the pack is down, then that would be good for me, because I usually play Single Sim Households, and when they die, Game Over (I actually had my simself die from Laughter before I could get him to calm down, so i think this game for the sims is dangerous enough).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top