Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @InfraGreen we will have to see what the trailer for it shows us..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Now for the adventures of Marissa Asher and Huckleberry Finn in this new update of No Shame.

Blog Post: House Tour

p12p1.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Not a good start to 2018.
    It's 7am and i've been up for the past 4 hours with the loud wind outside (currently experiencing storm winds here). Guess I should just use it as writing inspiration or something. I did that with WAWRMO. Wrote stuff down, it ended up turning into the first chapter. :lol:
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    It's 7am and i've been up for the past 4 hours with the loud wind outside (currently experiencing storm winds here). Guess I should just use it as writing inspiration or something. I did that with WAWRMO. Wrote stuff down, it ended up turning into the first chapter. :lol:

@Bugsie2016 oh dear!
    yes I think it would be great for inspiration! :blush: But I can't imagine it would have been good for very much else! Wishing you better weather from now on! :)

@Bugsie2016 oh dear!
    yes I think it would be great for inspiration! :blush: But I can't imagine it would have been good for very much else! Wishing you better weather from now on! :)

Yep, now somehow got to survive 7 hours of concentration. No idea how it's going to work as I don't drink coffee.

@Bugsie2016 oh dear!

Yep, now somehow got to survive 7 hours of concentration. No idea how it's going to work as I don't drink coffee.

@Bugsie2016 I don't either. :D Ahh, what a bother that the weather was so awful last night, but you can do it! Do you drink tea? Tea might help. Hopefully you can have an early night tonight. :blush:

@Bugsie2016 oh dear!

@Bugsie2016 I don't either. :D Ahh, what a bother that the weather was so awful last night, but you can do it! Do you drink tea? Tea might help. Hopefully you can have an early night tonight. :blush:

You know I drink tea. We had a tea discussion the other week. :lol:
    @Bugsie2016 Oh yes, I remember. Well, hopefully that might help a bit! :D
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    @Bugsie2016 I feel for you!! Our bathroom is going through renovations and I can't hear myself think ><
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    edited January 2018
    Whoops...that's actually not today lol.
    Post edited by Jes2G on
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Xylorta-XVXylorta-XV Posts: 234 Member
    Adventuring stuff? Oh, heck yes. All I need is University and I could maybe plot out the story that came to mind the other day without needing the Sims 3. (Maybe. The Sims 3 undeniably has the better trait system/worlds in my opinion.)
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi guys! This has taken way too long again, but I have a new chapter for Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 18: Progress and Blunders
    G7E0sF4.jpg

Carol has her own problems to deal with.

I hope you enjoy and have a good time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Here is the latest chapter in my legacy - Snapdragon has some exciting news to share.

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi, everyone! I hope you are all doing very well in the new year. :)

I came across the below while I shopped for my sister's Christmas present. She's a writer (I've shared in the past her blog) and is currently trying to get a book published. She saw the item below awhile back but thought it kind of an expensive item, so she thought she'd ask for it for Christmas.

After I succeeded in NOT opening the plastic wrap to see what was inside, she opened it for Christmas. After we all looked at it together, we found it to be very intriguing and a great way to zoom past "writer's block" or even open up our muse to new ideas and creativity. It can also be a fun game with friends.

I thought I'd share as I decided to spend some Christmas money and get it myself. I mean, she lives a semi-close forty minutes away but I'm not driving that far every time I want to use it. ;)

The Storymatic Classic

81D9vmpEM4L._SL1500_.jpg
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Hey everyone!
    Hey everyone!

How's it going? Love your avi. <3
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Hey everyone!

It's good. Been napping to catch up on the sleep I lost last night. Now i'm feeling better. Thanks for the compliment on my avi! How's the new year going for you?
    Hey everyone!

It's good. Been napping to catch up on the sleep I lost last night. Now i'm feeling better. Thanks for the compliment on my avi! How's the new year going for you?

Ok so far. I read a book the other night that kept me up so late that I ended up going home sick at lunch yesterday. lol I was exhausted. I'm not sure if it was worth staying up so late but the book is still fascinating...even now. What's even more surprising is the content. I'm not a huge non-fic reader but I've been reading a number of writing books lately. This one is called The Thirty-Six Dramatic Situations by Mike Figgis. It impacted me so greatly that when I watched a movie last night, without looking at the book, I picked out a couple of these situations in the movie. It's very intriguing and will help me with my own writing, too.

Otherwise, I need to sleep more. lol
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Hi @Bugsie2016 :) How has your day been?
    @lovesstorms thanks for sharing your findings. Thirty-Six Dramatics situations by Mike Figgs sounds like a fascinating and fun read. Do you know the book Wonderbook by Jeff Vandermeer? If takes you through creating imaginative fiction and it includes a lot of famous writers too, who share some interesting tips on writing. There are also some very funny illustrations - the illustrators appears to love fish a lot. :D
    edited January 2018
    @simscognito It's been good. Currently reading through what I wrote down this morning. (I did actual write stuff on about 2 hours sleep and it makes some sense so far!)

Edit: You can all read it here. Ignore my grammar errors, I was sleep deprived. :lol:
    Passcode is storm
    Hi @Bugsie2016 :) How has your day been?
    @lovesstorms thanks for sharing your findings. Thirty-Six Dramatics situations by Mike Figgs sounds like a fascinating and fun read. Do you know the book Wonderbook by Jeff Vandermeer? If takes you through creating imaginative fiction and it includes a lot of famous writers too, who share some interesting tips on writing. There are also some very funny illustrations - the illustrators appears to love fish a lot. :D

It is! And yes, I have Wonderbook. At first, I was hesitant but then I read other reviews and thought it'd be fascinating. So far, it has been inspirational. <3
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member

I came across the below while I shopped for my sister's Christmas present. She's a writer (I've shared in the past her blog) and is currently trying to get a book published. She saw the item below awhile back but thought it kind of an expensive item, so she thought she'd ask for it for Christmas.

After I succeeded in NOT opening the plastic wrap to see what was inside, she opened it for Christmas. After we all looked at it together, we found it to be very intriguing and a great way to zoom past "writer's block" or even open up our muse to new ideas and creativity. It can also be a fun game with friends.

I thought I'd share as I decided to spend some Christmas money and get it myself. I mean, she lives a semi-close forty minutes away but I'm not driving that far every time I want to use it. ;)

The Storymatic Classic

81D9vmpEM4L._SL1500_.jpg

Oh that's nice!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
    Jes2G wrote: »

The Storymatic Classic

81D9vmpEM4L._SL1500_.jpg

Oh that's nice!

Hi! And yes, it is. My nephew tried to take some cards out and my sister smacked his hand. *giggle* She's like "don't touch them or get them out of order before I've had a chance to see them yet". Granted, he's 15 and should know better. ;)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    @Bugsie2016 Awesome, and that plum (yep, did intend to write that) storm! Hopefully tonight is a better night. :) But oh sweet, well you know how nosy I am. :D
    @lovesstorms that's great. I have to say, that book is really helpful, and just very entertaining if anything. :D
    edited January 2018
    @lovesstorms that's great. I have to say, that book is really helpful, and just very entertaining if anything. :D

It is entertaining. I haven't looked at it in awhile but I remember laughing at a few points, too. It's great for easily entertained individuals like myself as well as the serious writer who needs some help with creativity. :D
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top