The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cooling pad question

BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
I already have a cooling pad with 4 large fans that spin at 1200rpm, but I think I could get better cooling, especially considering I recently forked out a lot on a new laptop and when in-game my CPU sometimes peaks at 83 degrees C, but I'm not sure what cooling pad to choose.

I ideally want more than 1200 rpm, and the option to raise it up when gaming and to have it flat for when I'm doing other stuff.

I want to get one from Amazon, as I've got money on a gift card from xmas for there.

Could anyone advise please as to which pad could offer the best cooling?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    we usually recommend Coolermaster or thermaltake. I don't know anything about the one your looking at specifically. ask the people who own that cooling pad on amazon how they like it and how it has held up. Google and check other webs for reviews too
    Thanks @phoebebebe13 , I'll shop around and see what's good. :)
    @phoebebebe13 I know it's off-topic, but what does it mean if a laptop has 16GB of ram, and it says "32GB maximum installable ram" - does that mean you can physically add 16 more GB or ram? I thought laptop hardware couldn't be changed/added to.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    RAM and storage can be extended, but not on every laptop. When she says it can't be change, she means mainly the CPU and the graphics card, as those are the two most important factors when we're talking about gaming on a laptop. (because you can always add an external hard drive through USB for example, even if it's not the best idea)
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    RAM and storage can be extended, but not on every laptop. When she says it can't be change, she means mainly the CPU and the graphics card, as those are the two most important factors when we're talking about gaming on a laptop. (because you can always add an external hard drive through USB for example, even if it's not the best idea)

This :)