Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 not running well on my Mac anymore

All of a sudden beginning last week my Sims 4 doesn't run well on my Mac. it always ran well before. What can I do? Somewhere it said to click on Repair game in Origin, but it won't let me do that. It's not highlighted. Any tips for getting it to run well again. Oh I did try to reinstall my whole computer and downloaded the game again, but that didn't help.

Comments

• zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    I’m not a Mac user, but have small experiences with Mac so hopefully this helps.

Uninstall origin. Sometimes origin causes the problem. It won’t delete any of your games unless you choose the setting to do it. But don’t.

Update your game. I don’t know, sometimes this works, it helped with my game that had extreme lag.

Update your graphic card drivers, I don’t know how to do this on Mac so search it on YouTube and it might work then.

Hope it works
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    In what ways is your game performing poorly?

Firstly what type of Mac are you playing on? Have you installed any updates to The Sims 4 (recently?), or any DLC packs? Between when you last played without issue and now to experience the issue?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    All of a sudden beginning last week my Sims 4 doesn't run well on my Mac. it always ran well before. What can I do? Somewhere it said to click on Repair game in Origin, but it won't let me do that. It's not highlighted. Any tips for getting it to run well again. Oh I did try to reinstall my whole computer and downloaded the game again, but that didn't help.

Try this super repair:
    1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
    2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
    3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
    4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

@millsmolls driver updates are pushed our from Apple, macOS is completely different to Windows.

apple-signature.png
  • zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > Painterroy58 wrote: »
    >
    > All of a sudden beginning last week my Sims 4 doesn't run well on my Mac. it always ran well before. What can I do? Somewhere it said to click on Repair game in Origin, but it won't let me do that. It's not highlighted. Any tips for getting it to run well again. Oh I did try to reinstall my whole computer and downloaded the game again, but that didn't help.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Try this super repair:
    >
    > * In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
    > * Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
    > * Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
    > * Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.
    >
    >
    > @millsmolls driver updates are pushed our from Apple, macOS is completely different to Windows.

Sorry, I thought I new about macs, I guess I don't :hushed:
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • AmySimmsAmySimms Posts: 11 New Member
    What macOS version are you running? Click the Apple logo in the top-left -> About This Mac.

It may be your computer is downloading/unpacking/installing an update from the App Store. Search for "Activity Monitor" in Finder ("cmd + space" when you're at the desktop) and organise the running processes under the "CPU" tab by "% CPU". What is the highest running process?

If you can let us know those two things, we might be able to help further :smile:
  • futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    Same my Sims 4 keeps glitching, I renovated my sims house and then the babies aged up so I went to CAS to choose clothes and when I was in CAS, the toddlers still showed up as babies! When I left CAS the house renovation was gone and the toddlers were still babies. Ugh.
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    millsmolls wrote: »
    Sorry, I thought I new about macs, I guess I don't :hushed:

Yep, always best to know about the machine and OS when trying to help, that's why I would never dream of trying to help Windows users :)

apple-signature.png