Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @aricarai My notifications have been messed up in general. I don't get them for the buildnshare thread anymore at all, and I've noticed if several replies show up in a thread, I may get one or two notifications but not all of them.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited December 2017
    Wow just Wow! Both @BreeMiles and @suzses have got so much decor in their cabins!

@suzses, I have always loved your builds, the colors and decor are always so soothing and even on a budget this cabin still oozes your style!

@BreeMiles, wow cute overload! LOL Love <3 the reading loft!

@aricarai, most of the time I think I've been getting the notifications but I have noticed as of late that notifications are wacky and not reliable.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2017
    yWEqcXq.png
    i089Na1.png

Name/Link to Your Page: Sandraelle / https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sandraelle

Lot name: Happy Hideaway

Link to Your Lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9173566

Final Price: $32,309

Description: Nestled in the mountains of Hidden Springs amongst the tall fir trees sits a small cozy (but spacious) two-story log cabin with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, two fireplaces, a loft and a laundry area. The property isn't huge but has plenty of trees, a small fishing pond, and space to entertain - a large porch with a grill and outdoor dining, a fire pit and a horseshoe court. The main floor has a good-sized living room for entertaining family and friends and is open to the kitchen and dining nook. The laundry room has a door out to the back of the property where a clothesline is conveniently located. The guest bedroom and bath is located on the main floor, while the master bedroom with private bath sits on the 2nd floor. Just off that bedroom is a cozy reading loft with a desk and a 2nd fireplace. The best feature of the home is the excellent views from the 2nd floor through the expansive window wall.

Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):

yeAbdKW.jpg

6VFD4Q3.jpg

gC8yRUt.jpg

SQPHmJG.jpg

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: https://imgur.com/a/BKvoL

MUST HAVES
    - The feeling of a small getaway cabin -- YES
    - Only 2 bedrooms -- YES
    - At least 1 bathroom -- YES
    - At least 1 outdoor activity -- YES

WANTS
    List of WANTS that you included in the home:
    - Space to entertain a small group of close friends -- YES, large enough inside with a large outdoor porch and yard space
    - Open plan kitchen/living area -- YES
    - Hardwood floors throughout the main areas -- YES, throughout
    - Small plants included as part of the decor -- YES, lots of plants in every room (even the bathrooms)
    - Reading loft or nook --YES, a cozy reading loft with a fireplace that's open to the downstairs with excellent views through the expansive amount of windows
    - At least 2 items that fit their personality (hints under The Client) --Bookcase and a reading loft (BOOKWORM), lots of indoor plants, a porch with outdoor dining space and outdoor activities - horseshoes, fire pit and a fishing pond (LOVES THE OUTDOORS), a baking station with ample counter space (NATURAL COOK), recycle bin, a bicycle and a clothesline (ECO-FRIENDLY)
    edited December 2017
    yWEqcXq.png
    MSiZ27I.png

Name/Link to Your Page: Sandraelle / https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sandraelle

Sim's Name: Cassidy Russell

Link to Sim (Can be uploaded as a household): https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9173567 (household)

Sim's Traits: Bookworm, Loves the Outdoors, Natural Cook, Family-oriented, Eco-friendly

Biography/Backstory: Cassidy Russell has such fond memories of her time spent visiting her grandparents in their mountain log cabin, especially during holiday breaks and summer vacations. Her family was lucky that they didn't live too far away from them, otherwise she may not have been able to spend as much time there as she did. She remembers helping her grandma in the kitchen prepare the pie crust for her famous cherry cobbler and also helped her with her homemade bread. Her love of cooking and baking she definitely acquired from her. She also remembers sitting with her while she did her needlepoint; Grandma tried to teach her but that was something that she never got the hang of. She used to love to go fishing with Grandpa at the local lake nearby and would love to hear his stories as they hiked through the woods. She no longer gets to visit them there as they had to sell their cabin when their health started failing and had to move in with Mom and Dad. They have since passed on, but she will always cherish those memories she has, but she longs for the fun times she had at their cabin.

Now that she was all grown up she was at a point in her life where she was ready to purchase her own vacation home, a place where she could get away from the busy everyday city life for some peace and quiet and enjoy the great outdoors. And she knew exactly what type of house she'd be searching for.

Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):

OSQshJx.jpg

qegYp92.jpg

sKjTaHv.jpg

PJMGtq2.jpg

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: Biography continues here: https://imgur.com/a/K3u9S

Additional Information:
    Favs: Music - Pop, Food - Cobbler, Color - Red
    Sign: Aquarius
    LTW: Culinary Librarian
    Profession: Pastry Chef
    Skills: Cooking, Level 4; Fishing, Level 2; Logic, Level 3
    Wow, I was behind on the recent submissions. Great cabins, @suzses , @BlackSand and @BreeMiles . All wonderful cabins, and each a bit different. Love them all. Now off to rec! (Sorry if I missed anyone's, but I will go back through and take a peek.) :)

P.S. Whew! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that whole depreciation thing any more! LOL My submission was the 2nd cabin I built, although I finally did get my 1st version below the budget, I wasn't happy with some of the things I did, so started all over!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    All updated on the front page. I've got the latest entries all rec-a-roo'd and custard checked! Wowee, this is going to be a difficult one! I can't wait to see more entries coming in the New Year. Speaking of which, what are ya'lls plans for NYE? Don't get too crazy, kids! <3
    @Sandraelle How beautiful! Love the second fireplace, such a cozy loft <3 And Cassidy is just lovely
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @Sandraelle, beautiful landscaping and such a cute reading loft! Love how you fit all the items from her grandparents into the story! :)

Cassidy is so cute with all her freckles! <3
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

Great entry @Sandraelle . You got a lot in this cabin. Looks like a wonderful place for family and friends Very cute sim. Well done! Heading off to rec :smiley:
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Thanks @Sandraelle ... Cassidy and her Happy Hideaway are lovely as well.
    I really like the fishbowl on the coffee table ... Might help me remember to feed the fish ... :D

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    Yesterday I worked on (yet another) little cabin barely more than a one-room retreat. It was inspired by tiny hunting or fishing cabins in the deep wilderness- y'know, the kind you need snowshoes to reach. It doesn't meet all the criteria of this challenge because no bedrooms, just a sleeping loft, but turned out so cute I will have to share here! @aricarai is just so inspiring <3

Hope everyone is looking forward to the new year!
    Yesterday I worked on (yet another) little cabin barely more than a one-room retreat. It was inspired by tiny hunting or fishing cabins in the deep wilderness- y'know, the kind you need snowshoes to reach. It doesn't meet all the criteria of this challenge because no bedrooms, just a sleeping loft, but turned out so cute I will have to share here! @aricarai is just so inspiring <3

Hope everyone is looking forward to the new year!

Can't wait to see it!
    @aricarai LOL I had screenshots all ready but y'know, things happen. I'll have it up tonight instead.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    *wanders by, grabs all the shiny things* Alas, I haven't had any time to get into my game in months, but I'm loving all these lovely creations!
    :angry: launcher still isn't letting me log in to upload BUT here is the picture link!

Fjord Explorer
    :angry: launcher still isn't letting me log in to upload BUT here is the picture link!

Fjord Explorer

That looks awesome! Totally a perfect secluded cabin!
    Have you cleared your cache and browsing history in IE? That's what my problem was when I couldn't sign into mypages or the launcher even though I don't use IE for browsing.
    @aricarai I am going to admit I don't even know how to do that anymore :( I'm on windows 10 which already frustrates the plum out of me, but this started when I did the update the night before and now I don't even seem to have IE anymore, I have "Edge" and I am trying to find where you even *do* that on this program and :confounded:
    @aricarai I am going to admit I don't even know how to do that anymore :( I'm on windows 10 which already frustrates the plum out of me, but this started when I did the update the night before and now I don't even seem to have IE anymore, I have "Edge" and I am trying to find where you even *do* that on this program and :confounded:

You know the little circle on your desktop toolbar? I just type in Internet Explorer and it still comes up even though I'm pretty darn sure that I've never installed it. I had a look at "Edge" and I can't see where to do it on there either, but try to search for IE @creativemetaphor
    @aricarai Ah, thanks. Will have a look when I get home (darn work getting in the way of my day!)

I know I'll get used to 10 eventually but for now it's just nothing is where I expect it and I get so aggravated! I *knew* I shouldn't have updated! Updates always end up bad :lol:
    TADA!
    @aricarai thank you for the help! I would have been beating my head on the keyboard trying to figure out why it wasn't letting me log in!

<3

Fjord Explorer!
  • DocusatDocusat Posts: 2,305 Member
    @aricarai I haven't been here in a long time but wandered through yesterday morning, spotted this thread and went 'ooooh'. Are you still accepting entries?
    And how strict are the no CAP rules? If I have a sim take a photograph of a pattern and hang it on the wall is that acceptable? It doesn't require you to download a pattern and doesn't put a pattern in your game. Can't remember how to link to my studio, but there's a sample in my media.
    @Sandraelle How beautiful! Love the second fireplace, such a cozy loft <3 And Cassidy is just lovely

Thanks @creativemetaphor . When I was over budget I contemplated many times of getting rid of that loft fireplace because it was $675, lol....glad I was able to keep it though. :)
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @Sandraelle, beautiful landscaping and such a cute reading loft! Love how you fit all the items from her grandparents into the story! :)

Cassidy is so cute with all her freckles! <3

Thanks Rox! Yeah, that's about all I could come up with for my story, lol. I like her freckles too! :)
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    I love seeing everyone's cabins! Y'all are so talented!! I'm still in the process of building my cabin (again!) but I think I FINALLY have it within budget. But I'm just gonna leave this here... the joys of play testing your lot while you're building. :p

9uXPTHK.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Late popping in again, I see.

@Sandraelle I'm a fan of the freckles, too - very appropriate for an outdoorsy redhead. She's quite cute in her winter hat, also.

The cabin is beautiful. The green window frames really make the windows stand out, and I love the black and white patterns with red accents you used. The loft is great - I wish I could sit up there by the fire and enjoy the view.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread