Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I Personally think Adding Tweens and a Middle school/Jr. High is a great idea.

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited December 2017
    I like Preteens because it would be something new to the Sims Franchise they are between a kid and teen they are older than a kid but younger than a teen something that may or may not make them different us puberty but since the Sims Games are rated T puberty can't happen in game and I'll probably be weirded out especially for the girls. What I do want his the Pre-teens boys voices to crack like a high pitch tone when you hear them talk protesting that their voices are changing. I'll probably sit there and laugh at the game if that happens.
    Post edited by EA_DarDar on
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Preteens could have school projects that they bring home to complete. I know kids and teens have school projects in Parenthood, but for preteens it could be base game for people without Parenthood. And if you wanted kids and teens to also do projects, you would still have to buy Parenthood. I hope this makes sense. Sorry that I'm not good at coming up with ideas.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
    edited December 2017
    Preteens could have school projects that they bring home to complete. I know kids and teens have school projects in Parenthood, but for preteens it could be base game for people without Parenthood. And if you wanted kids and teens to also do projects, you would still have to buy Parenthood. I hope this makes sense. Sorry that I'm not good at coming up with ideas.

It's fine

My ideas or an add on maybe for like a school gamepack or uni. But they could include middle school and Preteens/Tweens and some of the ideas a long with the things in Parenthood as well as the teens and the kids.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    Even though i'm on the fence about pre-teens personally, to be fair to both sides...there hasn't really been anything "unique" about young adults compared to adults (and they were lucky enough to get mid-life crisis in TS3)...elders are actually the only 'seemingly' unique adult age imo. College was literary the only thing that separated them(YA) from their middle-aged counter part. And once you think about it, both adults and elders irl also often go to (or return) college, so it was kinda understandable that they changed it in TS3.

I was actually thinking about this the other day actually. "What actually separates myself from my mother?" We're both adults, I'm obviously younger, but minus slight wrinkles here and there, etc, there's not really a difference in terms of what we're able to do. We can both party, go out to the gym, go clubbing,Drive cars, go out for drinks, pay big bills and own/rent houses, aceptable age to have children. At the end of the day.."young adults" are well...just baby-faced adults (in the game anyway :lol: ). The term "Young Adults" back in my early youth was always used on teenagers when they wanted them to be 'mature'. Funny I hardly hear it now a days being actually referred to actual 20 year olds.

But by this logic, young adults wouldn't realistically be needed. Just an original giant age called "adults" with the option to be given wrinkles or not. But that's not what Maxis did, they specifically created an age for College (that literally mixed teen and adult actions/clothes)that later became a full-fledged stage that's technically a cosmetic stage. Even the Gender patch was a pure cosmetic in structure that allowed simmers of all shapes and sizes to create unique sim of possibly themselves or from their heads with scenarios. Cosmetics are a pretty powerful thing.

So personally I don't exactly find the 'must be unique' phrase in terms of gameplay reasonable (that's just me personally though). Since the same could be said for some of the existing stages regardless of what Maxis does. All 3 adults (in many cases including teens) are able to do almost everything equally, the only thing that separates the stages is their ability to/not have children and elder's exhaustion from workout. That's pretty much it. Technically there's a lot of things that children could do that toddlers could also do (bike riding, toy ovens,tea parties, etc.).

Although, on the other hand, coming from one of those who was commonly challenged on why toddlers or even family play was even worth coming up with ideas and the "What do they do besides poop and cry?" It was easier to come up with ideas due to my kids, my nieces and my days as a baby-sitter as a teen. I do agree I would like to see more ideas on pre-teens since they are talked about a lot. And I believe that more ideas would defiantly help out the stage's case to be done.
    Post edited by Dreamie209 on
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    Nothing personal, but I stand in full-throated opposition to the thought of any more life stages. The pre-YA portion of the game is already way too long, and the parenthood pack made the childhood stage painfully annoying. At this point I just want to age them up as quickly as possible. The thought of adding even more time to the least fun part of the game gives me nightmares. I want to be supportive of other people's play style preferences, but in this case I can't bring myself to do it. This would be a no-buy if put into a pack, and a full-blown rebellion if patched into the game. Once again, nothing personal, but please just no.
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    Even though i'm on the fence about pre-teens personally, to be fair to both sides...there hasn't really been anything "unique" about young adults compared to adults (and they were lucky enough to get mid-life crisis in TS3)...elders are actually the only 'seemingly' unique adult age imo. College was literary the only thing that separated them(YA) from their middle-aged counter part. And once you think about it, both adults and elders irl also often go to (or return) college, so it was kinda understandable that they changed it in TS3.

I was actually thinking about this the other day actually. "What actually separates myself from my mother?" We're both adults, I'm obviously younger, but minus slight wrinkles here and there, etc, there's not really a difference in terms of what we're able to do. We can both party, go out to the gym, go clubbing,Drive cars, go out for drinks, pay big bills and own/rent houses, aceptable age to have children. At the end of the day.."young adults" are well...just baby-faced adults (in the game anyway :lol: ). The term "Young Adults" back in my early youth was always used on teenagers when they wanted them to be 'mature'. Funny I hardly hear it now a days being actually referred to actual 20 year olds.

But by this logic, young adults wouldn't realistically be needed. Just an original giant age called "adults" with the option to be given wrinkles or not. But that's not what Maxis did, they specifically created an age for College (that literally mixed teen and adult actions/clothes)that later became a full-fledged stage that's technically a cosmetic stage. Even the Gender patch was a pure cosmetic in structure that allowed simmers of all shapes and sizes to create unique sim of possibly themselves or from their heads with scenarios. Cosmetics are a pretty powerful thing.

So personally I don't exactly find the 'must be unique' phrase in terms of gameplay reasonable (that's just me personally though). Since the same could be said for some of the existing stages regardless of what Maxis does. All 3 adults (in many cases including teens) are able to do almost everything equally, the only thing that separates the stages is their ability to/not have children and elder's exhaustion from workout. That's pretty much it. Technically there's a lot of things that children can do that toddlers can also do (bike riding, toy ovens,tea parties, etc.).

Although, on the other hand, coming from one of those who was commonly challenged on why toddlers or even family play was even worth coming up with ideas and the "What do they do besides poop and cry?" It was easier to come up with ideas due to my kids, my nieces and my days as a baby-sitter as a teen. I do agree I would like to see more ideas on pre-teens since they are talked about a lot. And I believe that more ideas would defiantly help out the stage's case to be done.

This is a really good explanation and it really had me thinking. Thank you, you really do not know how this comment have put peace in my mind.
    meubanks wrote: »
    Nothing personal, but I stand in full-throated opposition to the thought of any more life stages. The pre-YA portion of the game is already way too long, and the parenthood pack made the childhood stage painfully annoying. At this point I just want to age them up as quickly as possible. The thought of adding even more time to the least fun part of the game gives me nightmares. I want to be supportive of other people's play style preferences, but in this case I can't bring myself to do it. This would be a no-buy if put into a pack, and a full-blown rebellion if patched into the game. Once again, nothing personal, but please just no.

I understand and respect it.
    I think Preteens/Tweens hygiene should slightly lower since at this age they will smell more funky that would be cool for Sims to put on deodorant and lotion after a shower but....eh.
    I think the hygiene should slightly lower.
    Also remember the Sims 2 perfume the sim sprayed on them and flowery scent would around the sim I mean it's a long shot to remember but I do I think they should bring it back.

Also Preteens/Tweens are all about appearance how the dress and the style it could be from a girly magazine or a skate magazine if it popular they will wear it. They can compliment a persons style if they like and talk bad about it if they don't it make fun of a sim for wearing it.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I think Preteens/Tweens hygiene should slightly lower since at this age they will smell more funky that would be cool for Sims to put on deodorant and lotion after a shower but....eh.
    I think the hygiene should slightly lower.
    Also remember the Sims 2 perfume the sim sprayed on them and flowery scent would around the sim I mean it's a long shot to remember but I do I think they should bring it back.

Also Preteens/Tweens are all about appearance how the dress and the style it could be from a girly magazine or a skate magazine if it popular they will wear it. They can compliment a persons style if they like and talk bad about it if they don't it make fun of a sim for wearing it.

good one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    zits could be added to teens and per-teens and preteens could freak over getting there first one
    zits could be added to teens and per-teens and preteens could freak over getting there first one

I haven't thought of that since CAS you can't get pimples but I have a question can Sims react to pimples I haven't it yet? If not they should especially the acne cream.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2017
    I like the idea of preteens, but I also agree that preteens should have some unique activities. Some have already been suggested in this thread: Ballet, DIY/craft projects, sleepovers. All of that new gameplay just got shot down by people who don't like the idea of preteens. Children IRL have sleepovers and do craft projects, true. But preteens do more complex craft projects than 5-7 year olds. Preteen is also a good age to start learning how to cook. That children cannot cook their own meals in the Sims games has always kind of bugged me. But if the child age is under about age 9 or 10, it makes more sense that they cannot cook, especially if there is a preteen stage that CAN. A preteen stage would also be a good opportunity to start learning adult skills, so that the child stage wouldn't have to be so long to make up for it. Teenagers don't usually make paintings that look like they were made by preteens - yet most level 1 skill paintings look like that. Preteens and teens might also be able to wear braces on their teeth. Preteens also should be more likely to turn on the tween radio and tv stations, and should get whims to watch/listen to tween stations. Likewise, preteens probably should have celebrity fan crushes. It could be a parent choice of let preteen go to concert with friends and a responsible adult or not go to concert. This might have a different outcome from letting a teen go to concert or not go to concert.

If you interpret Sim teens to include preteens, you can always say that "preteens have no new gameplay". So that argument just doesn't fly.
    Just like if you interpret Sim children to include toddlers, you could say that "toddlers have no new gameplay", just add the toddler interactions to the child stage. (Consider Sim kids playing with blocks or in a ball pit.) It just doesn't work that way. There were people who didn't want toddlers in their game, but there were enough people who DID want toddlers that they were added to the game. Likewise, some of us find it a bit odd watching children jump up into adult size teens. And just like the toddlers, you could always make them have a birthday to the next life stage early if you want to skip the life stage.

Let's not make this thread a big fight between the yays and the naysayers. This thread is for ideas about preteens.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Hello All, first of all very sorry for my English, I am not English speaker.

Please, do not think that I want to offend You and call Your idea bad or something, but I think, that they should first fix our "dolls" and add them more opportunities. For example in TS2 children cannot leave house after 10 PM... Here? It's 23 PM, the city and I see a little girl, who eating hot-dogs on the street!
    The Sims in part four are less interactive and socialized than in part 2 in my opinion. They do not reacting on cheating properly (kid from my family saw when the girlfriend of his elder teen brother cheated him and nothing - in part 2 they will get minus friendly points). I dream about deeper reactions between our Sims (and I comparing part 4 with TS2, nothing else in a matter of fact!).
    Why the parents are not angry, when their teen dating with a person, who they hate? Why they are not reacting negatively, when the kid bring home D? (Once I got in my family a teen, who was the worst in his class and nothing... ok, the mother got some new interactions, but her moodlet was as usual - very happy because she have nice house with pictures on the walls and a good meal!).
    And why the kids cannot play together with toys, playing games "cops and robbers" for example (that's the name?). I invited home some friends of my kid and they have very little opportunities to play together in large group (and I mean 4 children - that I call large right now..).

Do not get me wrong, but I think, that children needs more opportunities right now, as they are. Ok, so we got new group, some new interactions who will be boring after a week and... Nothing. Because our "human like" bots not acting like humans... (Yes, yes, they are not humans, but we have 2018 year and I have feeling, that good old TS2 bring us more logical interactions than new TS4).

Regards!
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I'm not sure I agree about adding a new school and lifestage, for a few reasons: my sims eat enough cake already, I'd rather get more things to set children and teenagers apart from other life stages, and they would have to either shorten the young lifestages (which I don't want, because it would make some objectives really hard) or lengthen the adult life stages again (which I guess would be ok).

I absolutely love all your ideas for after school activities and such, however. It would be amazing in a school pack for children and teens. Or, if they do make preteens, I hope some of these options would be available to children and/or teenagers. They need more interesting, unique activities.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Overall I like the ideas in the OP. Personally I'd prefer the teen stage to be a bit younger than they are in TS4 (physically), but they are what they are and I think the stage would be much more acceptable for most players when they'd implement some of those ideas for them. At least make them interesting to play and give them the characteristics that define that lifestage. In my view, when you'd add a whole new lifestage to the game (if that's even possible), it would make the current teen stage completely useless. I think they'd better use that already existing stage for your ideas.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Aericia wrote: »
    Hello All, first of all very sorry for my English, I am not English speaker.

Please, do not think that I want to offend You and call Your idea bad or something, but I think, that they should first fix our "dolls" and add them more opportunities. For example in TS2 children cannot leave house after 10 PM... Here? It's 23 PM, the city and I see a little girl, who eating hot-dogs on the street!
    The Sims in part four are less interactive and socialized than in part 2 in my opinion. They do not reacting on cheating properly (kid from my family saw when the girlfriend of his elder teen brother cheated him and nothing - in part 2 they will get minus friendly points). I dream about deeper reactions between our Sims (and I comparing part 4 with TS2, nothing else in a matter of fact!).
    Why the parents are not angry, when their teen dating with a person, who they hate? Why they are not reacting negatively, when the kid bring home D? (Once I got in my family a teen, who was the worst in his class and nothing... ok, the mother got some new interactions, but her moodlet was as usual - very happy because she have nice house with pictures on the walls and a good meal!).
    And why the kids cannot play together with toys, playing games "cops and robbers" for example (that's the name?). I invited home some friends of my kid and they have very little opportunities to play together in large group (and I mean 4 children - that I call large right now..).

Do not get me wrong, but I think, that children needs more opportunities right now, as they are. Ok, so we got new group, some new interactions who will be boring after a week and... Nothing. Because our "human like" bots not acting like humans... (Yes, yes, they are not humans, but we have 2018 year and I have feeling, that good old TS2 bring us more logical interactions than new TS4).

Regards!

I see what your saying I to was thinking of that problem but now that they put jealousy in the game Sims can get jealous seeing their loved ones with another. But I do see what your saying about the kids/teens reacting to a parent cheating. I was thinking they should confess to cheating if they don't already do so.

Parents were never angry with a teen sim dating another sim if your talking about Daniel Pleasant not liking Dustin Broke for dating Angela that was pre-made for the story but I also missed back story of a family that's why Sims 2 and 3 were interesting Sims 4 eh not so much.

I don't think parents ever reacted to let D's having bad grades but with Parenthood can't you ground them now for having bad grades? I mean that would be something if the parents mood changed seeing their kids grades gone bad what if the other kid get good grades I miss the Sims getting paid by grandma for having good grades.

Yeah I miss cops and robbers and tag and miss Mary Mack that I can agree with also it will make me think kids are to young and the teens are to old.

I see what your saying however it's not like I'm tossing aside kids/ teens interactions I'm just asking for a Pre-teen life stage in the Sims Franchise because it is about to be 2018 and it's something and never happened in the PC version of the game.
    I'm not sure I agree about adding a new school and lifestage, for a few reasons: my sims eat enough cake already, I'd rather get more things to set children and teenagers apart from other life stages, and they would have to either shorten the young lifestages (which I don't want, because it would make some objectives really hard) or lengthen the adult life stages again (which I guess would be ok).

I absolutely love all your ideas for after school activities and such, however. It would be amazing in a school pack for children and teens. Or, if they do make preteens, I hope some of these options would be available to children and/or teenagers. They need more interesting, unique activities.

My Ideas would affect Teens and kids as well it's adding to the game. I'm not trying to toss aside teens/kids interactions I'm just think that adding the Pre-teen life stage to the Sims Franchise will be great.

So personally I don't exactly find the 'must be unique' phrase in terms of gameplay reasonable (that's just me personally though). Since the same could be said for some of the existing stages regardless of what Maxis does. All 3 adults (in many cases including teens) are able to do almost everything equally, the only thing that separates the stages is their ability to/not have children and elder's exhaustion from workout. That's pretty much it. Technically there's a lot of things that children could do that toddlers could also do (bike riding, toy ovens,tea parties, etc.).

The 'young adult' stage stems from Sims 2's University and I think that's what makes it confusing. Being an adult myself and preferring to play that lifestage in the game, I'd regret one giant adult life span (20-60; that for me is the same thing as a baby turning into a kid), because there's more to getting older than a few wrinkles and age spots. A lifestage is more than cosmetics. What I'd like to see (in a successor) are a stage for adults (20+), middle aged (40+; not just cosmetic but with characteristics they also used for Sims 3) and elders (60+; with charateristics other than the constant threat of heart failure).
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Overall I like the ideas in the OP. Personally I'd prefer the teen stage to be a bit younger than they are in TS4 (physically), but they are what they are and I think the stage would be much more acceptable for most players when they'd implement some of those ideas for them. At least make them interesting to play and give them the characteristics that define that lifestage. In my view, when you'd add a whole new lifestage to the game (if that's even possible), it would make the current teen stage completely useless. I think they'd better use that already existing stage for your ideas.

Adding life stages is possible I mean they added toddlers, and elders in Sims 2? Sims 3 they added YA? In Sims 4 they patched/added back in toddlers over a year ago after the whole RF situation she really scared me into thinking toddlers was not coming. So I'm sorry but I really do not follow what your saying regarding this.

How would it make the current teen useless though? I think teens in this particular version are more mature than the other two previous games but since they added moodswings teens do act less mature than a YA. I actually really liked what they did to the teen in this game version I was blown away when I first played with teens and the interactions they had.

Also Grant talking about the future gets me hopeful since it seems they won't end the game anytime soon.

The 'young adult' stage stems from Sims 2's University and I think that's what makes it confusing. Being an adult myself and preferring to play that lifestage in the game, I'd regret one giant adult life span (20-60; that for me is the same thing as a baby turning into a kid), because there's more to getting older than a few wrinkles and age spots. A lifestage is more than cosmetics. What I'd like to see (in a successor) are a stage for adults (20+), middle aged (40+; not just cosmetic but with characteristics they also used for Sims 3) and elders (60+; with charateristics other than the constant threat of heart failure).

Haha that would be a good idea.

I agree @JoAnne65
    edited December 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Adding life stages is possible I mean they added toddlers, and elders in Sims 2? Sims 3 they added YA? In Sims 4 they patched/added back in toddlers over a year ago after the whole RF situation she really scared me into thinking toddlers was not coming. So I'm sorry but I really do not follow what your saying regarding this.

How would it make the current teen useless though? I think teens in this particular version are more mature than the other two previous games but since they added moodswings teens do act less mature than a YA. I actually really liked what they did to the teen in this game version I was blown away when I first played with teens and the interactions they had.

Also Grant talking about the future gets me hopeful since it seems they won't end the game anytime soon.
    I'm not sure if toddlers (TS4) and young adults (TS2) weren't already somewhere in the code of the game but indeed, possibly that's not an actual argument and they are capable of implementing a lifestage later on (for TS3 all lifestages were there from the beginning btw).

From my point of view, there have to be significant differences between the lifestages. I'm not blown away by the TS4 teens at all (must add I don't have Parenthood, I think that makes a difference). I share the opinion of those who say that Sims 4 has just a few life stages: baby, toddler, kid, adult, adult, grey haired adult with a few wrinkles. That's why an inserted lifestage for me would make that of the teen adult useless. As for me, if they'd implement an extra stage the way you described in your OP, I'd play that and then age the current teen stage to YA immediately. Because it wouldn't feel like an essential stage in a sim's life anymore.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EA_DarDarEA_DarDar Posts: 45 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks,

I appreciate the discussion here and I am interested in everyone's opinions, but I think we might have got a bit off track here, I've gone ahead and cleaned up this thread, you may notice that your comment has gone missing, if that's the case it has most likely been removed with my clean up.

Let's continue this discussion about adding Tweens and Middle School/JR. High, please respect everyone's opinions and be constructive.

Thanks!
    DarDar.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017

My point exactly . What I was explaining was TS2's start with the College sim (YA) yet obviously EA's later realizing that people of all 3 adult stages go to college which made a lot of sense. But think about it, what actually differs once one goes through from 20- 40? Sure, in some cases: back-pains, wrinkles, etc. But those are what make some rl adults differ. My argument is stating the fact that in a way, very similar to pre-teens, young adults are the "middle-man" at the moment. Now i'm not saying to "remove" lol my explanation was sarcastic in the fact that in the end, a 20 year old can do 90% of what a 40 year old can do? So honestly, what exactly makes us unique or different from our teen or middle aged counterparts that we don't share?

As someone who is also an young adult, I truly ask myself. "What makes my age unique? What can I do that my mother cannot?" because yes, I use YA as well...but what as I questioned before, what makes them different from the rest? Not to mention they almost all share "adult stage" interactions (and most of this goes back to the later iterations). My honest opinion is that YA's technically haven't been unique and technically even in TS2, minus their walk-style and their inability to function in the outer sim worlds there really wasn't much.

Though, I'm not exactly saying anything about a need to remove them. What I am saying is, It's a slippery slope of when one (Not you) argues "What can they do that's unique to the other stages(preteen)?", (so sorry if that was confusing) When there's one stage that shares almost everything with it's older counterparts, and back in TS2 it shared 50% of it's clothes with teens and another 50% on adult clothes.

I agree with you 100% I would prefer my life stages to be meaningful, and should be more than cosmetics. But if you truly think about it, throughout TS's timeline for the main current age. What have they truly done uniquely minus college, which as it currently stands, not truly unique?

Even In TS3 generations/university:
    • (highschool)Graduation was technically for teens.
    • Bachelor/Bachlorette parties are shared between YA, A, E
    • Mid-Life crisis were for Adults
    • Canes and old memories were for elders
    • Everyone (YA-E) went to college and experienced everything equally.

But none of those were uniquely for YA. Because the ones they shared all adults do them both in-game and realistically.

Then there's the obvious reason for YA's, alot of (18-20+) simmers relate to it, But why? And is that really enough? Because in the end, that's no different from pre-teens wanting their representation. And makes their case a bit more understandable. And, speaking mostly in terms of gameplay, what differs the YA (that they don't share)? Ever since TS2 it has shared interactions and at times characteristics with the other adults.

This is just some things I've been thinking of for a bit. And talking to my niece lately has defiantly got me thinking :lol: . Like pre-teens, I haven't heard of any true characteristics that differ these older ages besides mid-life crisis and pack pain that they can't already share with YA. Thus my point. Pre-teens aren't the only ones who need to prove their lifestage meaning sadly.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams

My point exactly . What I was explaining was TS2's start with the College sim (YA) yet obviously EA's later realizing that people of all 3 adult stages go to college which made a lot of sense. But think about it, what actually differs once one goes through from 20- 40? Sure, in some cases: back-pains, wrinkles, etc. But those are what make some rl adults differ. My argument is stating the fact that in a way, very similar to pre-teens, young adults are the "middle-man" at the moment. Now i'm not saying to "remove" lol my explanation was sarcastic in the fact that in the end, a 20 year old can do 90% of what a 40 year old can do? So honestly, what exactly makes us unique or different from our teen or middle aged counterparts that we don't share?

As someone who is also an young adult, I truly ask myself. "What makes my age unique? What can I do that my mother cannot?" because yes, I use YA as well...but what as I questioned before, what makes them different from the rest? Not to mention they almost all share "adult stage" interactions (and most of this goes back to the later iterations). My honest opinion is that YA's technically haven't been unique and technically even in TS2, minus their walk-style and their inability to function in the outer sim worlds there really wasn't much.

Though, I'm not exactly saying anything about a need to remove them. What I am saying is, It's a slippery slope of when one (Not you) argues "What can they do that's unique to the other stages(preteen)?", (so sorry if that was confusing) When there's one stage that shares almost everything with it's older counterparts, and back in TS2 it shared 50% of it's clothes with teens and another 50% on adult clothes.

I agree with you 100% I would prefer my life stages to be meaningful, and should be more than cosmetics. But if you truly think about it, throughout TS's timeline for the main current age. What have they truly done uniquely minus college, which as it currently stands, not truly unique?

Even In TS3 generations/university:
    • (highschool)Graduation was technically for teens.
    • Bachelor/Bachlorette parties are shared between YA, A, E
    • Mid-Life crisis were for Adults
    • Canes and old memories were for elders
    • Everyone (YA-E) went to college and experienced everything equally.

But none of those were uniquely for YA. Because the ones they shared all adults do them both in-game and realistically.

Then there's the obvious reason for YA's, alot of (18-20+) simmers relate to it, But why? And is that really enough? Because in the end, that's no different from pre-teens wanting their representation. And makes their case a bit more understandable. And, speaking mostly in terms of gameplay, what differs the YA (that they don't share)? Ever since TS2 it has shared interactions and at times characteristics with the other adults.

This is just some things I've been thinking of for a bit. And talking to my niece lately has defiantly got me thinking :lol: . Like pre-teens, I haven't heard of any true characteristics that differ these older ages besides mid-life crisis and pack pain that they can't already share with YA. Thus my point. Pre-teens aren't the only ones who need to prove their lifestage meaning sadly.

good point and well said @Dreamie209