Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Sally1502
    Thank you very much! You make great pictures of your sims family as well, all of them are so fun to look at. That with the car is a good idea and I like the Christmas party ones where you decorated the rooms so nicely - is a sims party ever not chaotic? :D

@theFella
    Good luck with setting up your Christmas partys - and have fun with your new AC game!

@Rhiannon58
    How exciting! I don't think you can throw a party on a community lot in Sims 2, at least not without mods. I always used a wedding arch for the wedding partys, I think. There is a nice and fun little video playing during the ceremony. Regarding suggestions, some music and food are always a good start for Sims partys. And make sure your sims needs are green to greyish yellow, especially the energy and hygiene, as they probably won't be filled during the party. If it's summer in your sims game, it would be a nice idea to set everything up outdoors, as there is usually more space for the arch and the chairs and they could have some barbeque. :)

@Scribal_Goddess
    Fairgrounds in Sims 2 sounds interesting! Would be cool to see some pics!
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @Simsophonique
    That's cool. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your sims and how you play then. :smile:
    Don't worry, sometimes building can be tricky. With exteriors do you mean the garden and such?
    Oh thank you, that's nice to hear! For the toddler to sleep on the double bed I am using this cool mod: a co-sleeper pad.

@Rhiannon58
    Nice! I'd like to see pictures. :smile:
    I agree with @Nindl - music and food are the musts. Maybe it would be nice to make them get presents from their family members. Regarding food you could use the buffet table for convenience.

@Scribal_Goddess
    That sounds lovely. I'd like to see pictures too. :smile:

@Nindl
    Haha, you're right! Thanks a lot. :smile:
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Decided to load the Sims 2 up again the other day as I get the week off work.

Created the Rhodes family (Michael and Samantha). Michael works for the city council and enjoys hanging out with his friends, grilled cheese and playing the keyboard. Samantha is a music teacher and enjoys hosting friends, dancing and spending time with her kids. They have had two kids together; Julie and Jeremy. Julie is about to grow into a child while Jeremy is almost a toddler.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @Sally1502 wrote:
    @Simsophonique
    That's cool. I am looking forward to seeing pics of your sims and how you play then. :smile:
    Don't worry, sometimes building can be tricky. With exteriors do you mean the garden and such?
    Oh thank you, that's nice to hear! For the toddler to sleep on the double bed I am using this cool mod: a co-sleeper pad.

@Sally1502: thank you for the mod ^^ I'll get it.
    Yes when I say exteriors it's more much the house frontage of the house (the shape of it) than gardens.
    I don't know how I will play sims 2 maybe with the autonomy off because each time I got to vanilla sims are fightning (as sims 3).
    I don't know how I'll be myself in this game I too much put aside and I don't explore.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    I started playing with a new family and I like it a lot. :smiley:

Here they are:
    v7OhQMx.png
    @Nindl - what an adorable family!
    Still playing as the Rhodes family grows up. Julie has grown into a teenager and rolled the romance and pleasure as her aspiration. She enjoys hanging out at the local pool hall, dancing and dating. She hopes to find someone rich to take care of her one day. Jeremy is only a day away from turning into a teenager and it will be interesting to see who he becomes!

Before Julie turned into a teenager the family spent some quality time playing Don't Wake the Llama and having a family dance party!

25448921208_d762f041ec_z.jpg

25448921028_07c459c7cc_z.jpg

27540583299_960203c10e_z.jpg
    @vancanuckfan86
    Thank you! :)
    Nice update on your family, too. Did you create them or are those premades?
    Here are some pics of what my Sims did the last days. :mrgreen:

eP1Jhbv.jpg
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess :D Steam sales are my vice!!

@Nindl Sorry Santa didn't show, I wonder why? Did you use the tree from happy holiday stuff or a CC one? That is a nice new family you have there! Nice pictures, I love your cork board approach!

@Sally1502 Nice update! I love that penguin and Daniel is super cute.

@theFella Sounds like it would be a good party. Have fun with Assassins Creed.

@Simsophonique Ya some things I know exactly where to go, and who made it. Other things I am left scratching my head and need to check my download folder, and hope I put enough info to be able to find it again! :D

@Rhiannon58 You will want to do home lot. You need a mod to be able to have parties on community lots. I use the wedding arch for sure for weddings. I also get a cake, and sometimes a buffet table, and place some tables and chairs outside.

@vancanuckfan86 Nice! Sounds like you got a nice little family going! Oh romance and pleasure, Julie will be a lot of fun to play!

Hope everyone had a Happy Holiday! :smiley:

• theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    This post was going to be about the Christmas party's, but instead it will be dedicated to Jennissa Levi, who passed away a couple of Sim day's after her Christmas party. she died of fright after being frightened by Domino Sophie, one of the houses previous inhabitants. it was made even more sorrowful by the fact that she was pregnant with the child of her and Don Lothario. as tribute, I will present a list of memory's accumulated during her lifetime, with the final update being made mere moments before the tragic incident. :'(

Met Mystery Sim
    Made best friends with Mystery Sim
    Had very first kiss with Mystery Sim
    Kissed Mystery Sim for the first time
    Moved in
    Got a job
    Met Brandi Broke
    Met Nina Caliente
    Saw the Ghost of Dewey Sophie
    Saw the Ghost of Cristine Sophie
    Met Don Lothario
    1st date with Don
    Met Joanne Ajjanagadde
    Met Brandon Parker
    Kissed Don for the first time
    Made best friends with Don
    Fell in love with Don
    Made out with Don
    Did WooHoo with Don
    Met Amin Sims
    Got a Promotion
    Got a Promotion
    Met Elle Anderson
    Met John Simoleon
    Met Mitch Wolosenko
    Made best friends with Hannah Levi
    Had 2 best friends
    Saw the ghost of Domino Sophie
    Was saved from Death by Hannah

Now, as you may see, the final memory present is being saved from death. did I have you for a moment there?! :D
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    You can have a Wedding on a Community lot- place an Arch and Sims will sit and watch. What you need a mod for is a "Party." You can use the Group option and have an outing to a Community lot for family with about 8 Sims- iirc. So, have a wedding on a Community lot- place the cake and champagne, and a DJ with the Arch and make it a nice little wedding party. :)
    @Nindl - Created them - I like to use a random number generator to pick the hair colour, eye colour and face (out of the 27 to pick). Michael rolled brown hair, dark blue eyes and something like the 15th face. Samantha rolled blonde hair, green eyes and somewhere around the 20th face. Guess this save file is going to have a lot of brown hair and dark blue eyes haha!

@JULES1111 - I'm more of a family player so I wasn't super excited about the romance/pleasure combination. Haven't quite decided how her story will play out yet, lol!
  • ElCaptainElCaptain Posts: 21 New Member
    It's been some time that I played the Sims 2, so today I started with a new guy. Edward Lupin. Currently he is going to the university with the ambition to become a natural scientist. Once he has some promotions and maybe found himself a lovely wife I hope to create a small family business. If all goes well I will keep playing the Lupins.
    @JULES1111
    I did use the tree from Happy Holidays Stuff.
    Thanks a lot! :blush:

@vancanuckfan86
    That sounds like an exciting way to create Sims! :)

@ElCaptain
    Sounds like a nice idea! You could also make him a werewolf, lol. :D
  • ElCaptainElCaptain Posts: 21 New Member
    @Nindl Mahahah, one day there will be a Remus Lupin ;)
    @ElCaptain
    Haha, great! :mrgreen:
    Here some more pictures of my Sims family. :blush:

eBFxjha.jpg
    @vancanuckfan86 Ya I am also a family player. That's why I have lots of kids so if one or so rolls the romance aspiration it is still good. Plenty of other siblings to carry on the family. :p I just think of the non family sims as the family's black sheep. :D

@Nindl Ahhh I wonder why he didn't show.. that is a major bummer. Great new pics of your family.

@ElCaptain Nice. Hope you enjoy playing Edward and things work out for him!
    @JULES1111 Thank you! :)

I made some recolours in Body Shop today and was really pleased with them, but they appear to have buggy lightning when worn with some bottoms. :/ I have no idea why. I created a new thread in this forum and hope someone can help. If some of you guys have any idea, please help me. Here is the link to the thread.
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    Very nice updates everyone!

I have a rather lengthy one today hehe.

rF9zPiE.jpg
    To start with, Chocolate licking the toddlers face lol.

WMu3Mty.jpg
    Richard and Linda on a night out in the park.

Pf9Nzfj.jpg
    I did a lot of building on their house! Made a second floor, added a sauna and expanded the living room.
    Here, Linda invited her best friend to take a look at the new living space.

KN14NK5.jpg
    Richard putting Daniel to bed. He drew that lama up there by himself!

MMWQqOv.jpg
    Chocolate finally got its dog collar. Richard had bought it right after he got the dog but I forgot to put it on until now. xD

fmJApMa.jpg
    Linda went to the beauty salon for a little makeover. She got straight, dark brown hair with chunky highlights now. A super hip zebra look I created myself with Body Shop lol. :smile:

6VBRAAF.jpg
    Chocolate is learning the Come Here command and the toddler is drawing again or rather eating its pencil aww.

XCK1R2W.jpg
    A friend of Richard came for a visit and, since the fridge surprisingly was empty, they ordered pizza.

jAKgZsf.jpg
    Then they danced a bit in the living room.

XRBgTWR.jpg
    5XTtFvF.jpg
    And then they went outside to play in the snow.

SBPaE4j.jpg
    Daniel is playing with its toy car, wearing a onesie Linda sewed for it, while Richard is doing internet research on one of his hobbies.

OTQPtY9.jpg
    Linda is listening to hip hop music with the mp3-player she got from Richard.

bxNWHDh.jpg
    bPDFK1r.jpg
    Then they all went to sleep together so cute!

AWtyJBQ.jpg
    Mommy and baby catching up on some sleep in the living room.

axwwN2H.jpg
    And finally, them having a blast out in Downtown with their friends.
    @Sally1502 - Love the highlights in Linda's hair. I forgot Sims could run out of food in the Sims 2 until it happened in my game last night, lol!!

@Nindl - Such a cute family you have! Good luck with the recolour issue you are having!! Sadly, I would be of no help as I play a game with no additional content other than what came with the game and expansions.
    So played for a little bit this morning and Jeremy grew into a teenager. He rolled the knowledge aspiration as his primary one and the romance aspiration as his secondary one. Going to take a little break as I have to figure out what kind of story line I'd like to follow with both Julie and Jeremy, lol!

Julie did better when it came to the genes but Jeremy at least rolled knowledge as his primary aspiration. They will both have interesting story lines, I just need to figure out where they are going!
    @Sally1502 Nice pics. I like Linda's hair, you did a nice job on it.

@vancanuckfan86 Another romance aspiration huh? At least it is not his primary aspiration. It will be interesting to see what stories you come up with for them!

So I have played a bit more this evening and have figured out the story line for Julie and Jeremy :smile: !

The Rhodes are an upper middle class family with Michael sitting on the Tweed City Council and Samantha employed as a music teacher at the local elementary school. Once Julie headed to high school she started dressing more provocatively and gaining the attention of multiple boys. Julie is nearing the end of high school but it has been a whirlwind. She has 'dated' multiple boys and enjoys partying, dancing and playing pool or darts. She doesn't seem like she will be slowing down anytime soon.

24496623687_f82a6a3f5d_z.jpg

Jeremy also grew into a teenager and loves to play the bass and hangout in his room and listen to music. He isn't the most popular kid at school and is very jealous of his sister. He can't believe all the boys she is able to 'date' and wishes he could do the same with the girls in his school. Only problem is no one gives him the time of day. Jeremy and Julie constantly fight because of Jeremy's jealousy issues.

39331415072_dea3296d0e_z.jpg

Meanwhile, Michael and Samantha are fading into elderhood. They will both be retiring soon and I am reminded of how much I do NOT enjoy playing elders, lol! They wake up whenever their energy bar is full and from what I remember it takes them forever to die (because they always age up with decently filled aspiration bar in my game). I just find them pretty boring in general!

39331414582_7e05d53e73_z.jpg

Apparently the furnace failed on the last day of winter :wink:

38653265734_f469ee8b6c_z.jpg

Not sure if I'll play anymore tonight...I'm going to take a break to play cards for a bit and then I'll see how tired I'm feeling. I'll post another update if I play any further!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top