Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mac doesn't support Sims anymore?

Yesterday I updated my Mac to the newest version (I believe) of OS, High Sierra. Since then, my Sims won't start or application won't respond and it's definitely not anything to do with my mods of CC because I took it all out, uninstalled then reinstalled. Since reinstalling, the Sims app won't even appear on my dock anymore; there isn't a logo, just a big grey question mark.

Has anybody else experienced? Can it be fixed?

Comments

• RiotLilyRiotLily Posts: 54 Member
    I'm running High Sierra on my desktop without major problems. I am having rather nasty lag and some sims that get stuck (resetsim works sometimes, sometimes doesn't). But I also haven't run repair on my game in about two weeks.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. It would be best to post about your issues on a thread in the Mac section of the forums. Mac simmers there will help you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @leahbee, please give us your Mac's specifics. Information is found under the Black Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • leahbeeleahbee Posts: 50 Member
    @Tremayne4260 I'll copy it word for word:

MacOS High Sierra
    Version 10.13.2

MacBook Pro (Retina. 15-inch, Mid 2015)
    Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    When was the last time you restarted your Mac? You also say you reinstalled your Sims game. Your old "short cut" on the Dock won't work any more because it is looking for where your old game was. (That's kind of the short version to describe it). You'll need to create a new shortcut from your Applications folder so it recognizes your new install.
  • mma00000000mma00000000 Posts: 4 New Member
    It's been awhile since I've played and used to play on a PC. Now I'm looking to use my old macbook pro to potentially play but unsure if/how well it will work especially after reading some comments in these threads. I've read the minimum system requirements but computer specs isn't really my language. This what I have:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
    OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6
    Processor 2.3GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384MB

If it makes a difference, I do plan on restoring my computer back to factory setting first. Thank you!!
  • leahbeeleahbee Posts: 50 Member
    @Tremayne4260 I restart my Mac quite often. Also put my "new" game into my dock and tried again and it bounces, origin opens then the screen goes black like it's trying to open then it'll just disappear and I'll need to force quit
    Have you tried starting the game directly from Origin?
  • momoitomomoito Posts: 43 Member
    This happened to me and I had to uninstall origin and reinstall it and it was fixed..I have high sierra currently.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    leahbee wrote: »
    @Tremayne4260 I restart my Mac quite often. Also put my "new" game into my dock and tried again and it bounces, origin opens then the screen goes black like it's trying to open then it'll just disappear and I'll need to force quit

Disable Origin in-game, it seems to be causing a lot of issues at the moment.
    apple-signature.png