Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I Personally think Adding Tweens and a Middle school/Jr. High is a great idea.

Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
edited December 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Why I think Adding Tweens/Middle school would be a great idea to the Sims Franchise Games.
Well number one more fun why not add more fun to the game. Second some might say the kids in the game are Tweens to me personally they are not. Why? This may sound bias, or selfish whatever you want to call it but I live in the U.S. California to be exact. In my town we have public schools that are broken up into three schools elementary school, middle school/Junior high school, and high school. Who usually go to the middle school? Tweens ages 9-12 or (13.) Or 5th-8th grade.
What will middle school add?
An increase in homework than an elementary school student.
This may be a trigger and I apologize if it is a trigger but bullying do happen and it usually not always but usually it happens in middle school but Tweens can go to parents and get tips to learn how to resolve getting bullied or being the bully. (Not only could help Sims in game but also the kids who play in real life just saying.)
Tweens are social and love having friends but what comes friends add peer pressure impress your friends to fit in no matter the consequence.
Middle school can also add.
Band (Bring instrument to/from school.)
Orchestra (Bring instrument to/from school.)
Home Economics (They bring what they cooked or baked home from school.)
Art (Bring what they made home from school.)
PE (Body point goes up )
Theatre Art add Acting Skill (Reading /Practice script for a school play.)
Gain skills for highschool/teen.
Also middle school can add
Winter/Spring/Summer Break.
PTA (especially for single parents in the game so they can actively be involved in the school especially P.T.A. meetings lol.)
School Plays. (Can be a rabbit hole but increase acting skills.)
Afterschool activities Sports, and even Karate and Aerobics
Field trips be brought back not like Sims 3 since we're not open world but I personally just like field trips lol. (Parents have to sign the permission slip if they don't they get stuck in school which is just bad.)
Tweens like to volunteer we already have volunteer in the game I know but wouldn't it be fun to have more? Like volunteering at the vet to help out dogs/cats.
Also helping out the school like a school fundraiser like a bake sale, car wash, helping out the neighbors in the neighborhood, clean up a park, also a school festival.
Tweens can add DIY stuff
Fashion/Appearance- Having an outfit but customizing it to their own style. Like DIY knee high socks.
Jewelry making (Beaded) with like a peace sign or the sim plum Bob logo and other cool sayings.
A creative chalkboard that hangs on the door, where they can write anything depending on mood.
Fairy LED lights I know we have some already why not more? To decorate the rooms.
Cute Slablet Holders (I sometime can't find the slabet in the game.)
Also we should have Laptops in the game idk why we don't do anyone know a reason why we don't?
Tweens also can add decorating their room in FYI especially with photos and posters
Origami also that paper fortune teller.
Skateboarding and hover boards other electric motor stuff.
Backpack charms to decorate their backpacks.
Tweens can add playing card games
Tweens can learn to do code on computers,robots, and other technology things.
Sleep over Parties
The Tween and Teens can be the host of the party.
With Tweens guests should be limited with Teens though not so much.
Sleep over activities should include
Watch movies, games, make your own sundae, crafts, and ghost stories Pillow fighting should be brought back.
Keep younger siblings busy away from party.
Crushes/Puppylove Yes crushes do happen at this age do I want a romance or dating? No. Just having a crush like in Sims 3 the pink heart meant crush there are two types people who have crushes one is they try to be around that crush every chance they get. Or the be shy like the Yandere girl I'm not talking about the game itself I'm talking about that small clip everytime she's around sempai she gets shy and red and doesn't say anything to him and he's like what's wrong with her. (I was totally this type when it came to crushing on someone lol.)

Also doing chores and get allowance every Friday or every other Friday like they get a notification saying ex. Billy has to do his choirs by this time to this time and if he doesn't well he don't get paid also they have to have good grades to get money.

Alright that's something of what I can think of right now.

Post edited by Briana2425 on

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Also do we have an annoyed emotion? If not can we add getting annoyed teens get annoyed when Tweens take their stuff and Tweens get annoyed with parents and younger depending on mood.
  • LaziMinxLaziMinx Posts: 53 Member
    I agree! Don't actually know what most of these schools are, we do schooling different where I am and just have Primary (which I assume is what grade school is in the sims) and then it moves onto Secondary school (highschool) there's no inbetween so I'll probably have no idea what I'm doing if this happens, but I love the idea! slumber parties would be amazingly-cool, I miss in ts3 you could bring a dish to work from home when you where a chef/cullinary artist/ others, so the bring from home food and other things would be amazing! Crushing part, ehh, I think like a pre-teen/tween shouldn't get into romance and love but yeah I guess crushes would be a cool aspect to the game just not actually going out but like building a relationship and then eventually liking eachother when they are a young adult or maybe a teen, the diy stuff would be superb! I love the idea of bracelets, like a bracelet table would be bomb, I love the field trip idea, honestly this would be an amazing add to the franchise since we've not seem to have much of a "Tween" part of life, I do agree that they are like kids like 9? 8? maybe even 7? I know you say 9-12 or 13 is a pre-teen still but idk I find more 10-13 is a pre-teen/tween, but either way I do agree that the "Kids" aren't preteens,

I don't get why we have a middle for babies and kids but not for kids and teens.

You spent a lot of time writing these suggestions by the looks of it, hope at least some things get's added like the slumber parties!
    edited December 2017
    LaziMinx wrote: »
    I agree! Don't actually know what most of these schools are, we do schooling different where I am and just have Primary (which I assume is what grade school is in the sims) and then it moves onto Secondary school (highschool) there's no inbetween so I'll probably have no idea what I'm doing if this happens, but I love the idea! slumber parties would be amazingly-cool, I miss in ts3 you could bring a dish to work from home when you where a chef/cullinary artist/ others, so the bring from home food and other things would be amazing! Crushing part, ehh, I think like a pre-teen/tween shouldn't get into romance and love but yeah I guess crushes would be a cool aspect to the game just not actually going out but like building a relationship and then eventually liking eachother when they are a young adult or maybe a teen, the diy stuff would be superb! I love the idea of bracelets, like a bracelet table would be bomb, I love the field trip idea, honestly this would be an amazing add to the franchise since we've not seem to have much of a "Tween" part of life, I do agree that they are like kids like 9? 8? maybe even 7? I know you say 9-12 or 13 is a pre-teen still but idk I find more 10-13 is a pre-teen/tween, but either way I do agree that the "Kids" aren't preteens,

I don't get why we have a middle for babies and kids but not for kids and teens.

You spent a lot of time writing these suggestions by the looks of it, hope at least some things get's added like the slumber parties!

I did a lot of research that's why it's a lot and this is what actually came up especially the DIY because Tweens really like doing DIY I was like...wow they are really creative about things.

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying with the crushes not a full romance dating but liking some one.

Sleepover idea yes that was also part of the research I did especially being the hosts of the party I thought that was neat.

The school part will be the same except the Tweens would attend middle school like where the jobs list is they say highschool student it will just say middle school student.
  • BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    LaziMinx wrote: »

I want little romance for my preteens! It'd be more like puppy love though, which is common in preadolescence/adolescence.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Preteens could have ballet as an after school activity too
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member

But techinally anything that's club related could be for children as well. Since isn't there ballet classes for at least 4 year olds? There are drama classes for 6+ and in Ontario we have Sparkes which is for the 4-5 year olds (part of Girl Guides, or girl Scouts)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Girl from the UK who is just starting to understand the US school system lol I had to do my own research. I really like this idea it would bring more interactions with children and teens. I really want trips and after-school clubs to come back as they were fun to have plus many children bring things home from school so why not our sims?. I love the idea of sleepover parties and letting the kids be in charge. Having crushes would be cute but not sure how that would be put into play.
    ManakoHime wrote: »
    Girl from the UK who is just starting to understand the US school system lol I had to do my own research. I really like this idea it would bring more interactions with children and teens. I really want trips and after-school clubs to come back as they were fun to have plus many children bring things home from school so why not our sims?. I love the idea of sleepover parties and letting the kids be in charge. Having crushes would be cute but not sure how that would be put into play.

Like remember how in Sims 3 crushes was a pink heart than it turned red when they were romance/dating well for Tweens it be a pink heart for crushes and when they are teens or YA it will turn into like red heart but it would be all up to the player if they want Tweens to have crushes.
    edited December 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »

But techinally anything that's club related could be for children as well. Since isn't there ballet classes for at least 4 year olds? There are drama classes for 6+ and in Ontario we have Sparkes which is for the 4-5 year olds (part of Girl Guides, or girl Scouts)

Yeah when I wrote that I wasn't just thinking of Tweens but also all the life stages can benefit I was just thinking what good thing Tweens and middle school can be added along with those ideas as well.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id be more satisfied with a throurough uni vs jr high. Just not as interesting to me. Ive also done all my schooling in cali, 7 different schools. All were k-8 ;)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited December 2017
    none of these things are tween specific, and all of the school things you mentioned would be better in a school pack for both teens and children.
    teens/kids can do crafts*, have sleepovers*, and want friends. there are actually chance cards that talk about bullying, and volunteering was added in parenthood.

*eta; i mean irl, those things aren't in game yet.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2017
    Parenthood gave them science projects to do at home for both grade school and high schoolers. So you want to add middle school in between, give them more activities than grade schoolers, only for them to get to high school and go back to that one homework assignment and a random science project?

Doesn’t make sense to me.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Parenthood gave them science projects to do at home for both grade school and high schoolers. So you want to add middle school in between, give them more activities than grade schoolers, only for them to get to high school and go back to that one homework assignment and a random science project?

agreed
    more for sim kids and more drama please

How come it doesn't make sense? It's like that in real life. Remember the TS4 is a life simulator; simulates human life.
    edited December 2017

No those activities I just listed can be done in highschool as well as some activities can be done in grade school that's why I said it can be added in the game along with the idea of a Middle school/Jr. High.
    edited December 2017
    none of these things are tween specific, and all of the school things you mentioned would be better in a school pack for both teens and children.
    teens/kids can do crafts*, have sleepovers*, and want friends. there are actually chance cards that talk about bullying, and volunteering was added in parenthood.

*eta; i mean irl, those things aren't in game yet.

Not tween specific but Tweens actually do like DIY things they are very creative at this age stage but it can be added into the game along with Tweens.

I didn't say kids/teens don't have sleepovers they do irl but is it in the game like in Sims 3? I think it should be brought back into the game.
    Volunteering again I already know it's in the game but I want Sims also to volunteer for the schools.
    Making friends all ages can make friends but there is a difference a teen are friends with the ones they already know they are apart of the same circle of friends. Also a small fraction of teens don't care for friends they actually want to be alone.
    Kids they are stuck in one classroom all year long so they are friends with pretty much everyone in the classroom except maybe if two kids don't get along.
    Tweens however their approach on befriending someone is impressing them their goals is to have friends their fear is to be a loner.
    I know Parenthood has bullying but their should be more ways to resolve bullying like ex. A notification pops up and say (Hey A classmate has written all over Tinas shirt.)(that actually happen to me in real life and guess where it happen? middle school.) (Tina is sad or mad you click on a parent and say show shirt and ask how to resolve it something like that. The parent will answer tell the teacher or principal something along those lines. Consequence will happen next day.)(Or Tina saw someone get bullied in school, what should she do? Stand there and mind her own business or Speak up about it?) and at this stage of the ages bullying is usually at the peak especially in middle school. It can also go for teens as well.
    edited December 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »

Yeah when I wrote that I wasn't really thinking just Tweens but also all the life stages it just thinking what Tweens and middle school can also add to the game.

I always wanted a Preschooler-aged life stage that portrayed 4 to 6 year olds. They're small children older and taller than toddlers but younger and shorter children. Their facial features look a bit toddlerish. Unlike toddlers, preschoolers have slimmer, less pudgy bodies.

Here's what preschoolers should look like (Yes, these are real preschoolers about 3-5):
    e8838361a478d1d63055706d5e12c531--little-girl-fashion-child-fashion.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Preschoolers are a physical combination of toddlers and children. They attend to preschool from 9:00 to 2:00 (something similar to that)

-Preschoolers can be carryable which means they can be picked up and carried around like toddlers but they may look somewhat quite while being held by an adult due to their size.

-Preschooelrs can interact with toddler and child objects. They have mixed interactions from them. Preschoolers don't own phones but they can interact with TVs and computers.

-Preschool children can throw tantrums but not as bad as toddler tantrums. They can also makes messes with paint.

-Like toddlers, preschoolers have their own traits, aspirations/goals, and skills.

Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic, but I want preteens and preschoolers! Hope 2018 is the year to get them!
    Post edited by BuzzBuzz on
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »

Yeah when I wrote that I wasn't really thinking just Tweens but also all the life stages it just thinking what Tweens and middle school can also add to the game.

I always wanted a Preschooler-aged life stage that portrayed 4 to 6 year olds. They're small children older and taller than toddlers but younger and shorter children. Their facial features look a bit toddlerish. Unlike toddlers, preschoolers have slimmer, less pudgy bodies.

Here's what preschoolers should look like (Yes, these are real preschoolers about 3-5):

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Preschoolers are a physical combination of toddlers and children. They attend to preschool from 9:00 to 2:00 (something similar to that)

-Preschoolers can be carryable which means they can be picked up and carried around like toddlers but they may look somewhat quite while being held by an adult due to their size.

-Preschooelrs can interact with toddler and child objects. They have mixed interactions from them. Preschoolers don't own phones but they can use the computer to play cute little games.

I understand what your saying about a Preschoolers it would be great to have them personally I would want them in game however my support will be for the Tweens it's really just for me and story telling but also my family members wanted to play and she wanted to make our family (typical newbie lol) so she made everyone but when it came down to her.
    she was like: ok how can I make myself?
    I was like: you can be teen.
    her:I don't look that old.
    Me: how about a kid.
    Her: No they look young.
    Me: Hum.
    Her: If I can't make myself why even bother playing?
    At that she left and I got to thinking back when I was playing Sims 2 how can I make myself but instead of bailing I played the premade families in Sims 2 because Sims 2 was bomb back then.
    edited December 2017
    Id be more satisfied with a throurough uni vs jr high. Just not as interesting to me. Ive also done all my schooling in cali, 7 different schools. All were k-8 ;)

Yeah I know a couple of schools that are like that one is even K-12 but are they the majority as elementary, middle and high schools in Cali?
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

-Preschooelrs can interact with toddler and child objects. They have mixed interactions from them. Preschoolers don't own phones but they can use the computer to play cute little games.

I understand what your saying about a Preschoolers it would be great to have them personally I would want them in game however my support will be for the Tweens it's really just for me and story telling but also my family members wanted to play and she wanted to make our family (typical newbie lol) so she made everyone but when it came down to her.
    she was like: ok how can I make myself?
    I was like: you can be teen.
    her:I don't look that old.
    Me: how about a kid.
    Her: No they look young.
    Me: Hum.
    Her: If I can't make myself why even bother playing?
    At that she left and I got to thinking back when I was playing Sims 2 how can I make myself but instead of bailing I played the premade families in Sims 2 because Sims 2 was bomb back then.

Haha same here. My cuz is 10 and she couldn't make herself in the Sims 4. Tweens NEED to be added for real. Also I had a 5yo niece I couldn't make in TS4 beacuase the Child life stage was too big and the Toddler life stages was too small.
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm team #preteen (and preschoolers). Maybe when they add university or an education pack we could go to school with the kids and teens because that would be cool. I agree with all the ideas, with the field trips, afterschool activities, DIY etc...I hope they bring back private school and how you had to impress the dean to get your kid into a good private school in Sims 2.
  • SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    Also Sims 4 is all about making yourself and your family. It focuses more on the person than anything else...why wouldn't they want someone to be able to make their own family?
    edited December 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    They aren't going to add new life stages just so you can make your family that will grow up and change in a short amount of time anyway. As you said, it is a life simulator, but that doesn't mean it has to be just your life.

With my TS4, I can simulate my life all I want.
    I'm team #preteen (and preschoolers). Maybe when they add university or an education pack we could go to school with the kids and teens because that would be cool. I agree with all the ideas, with the field trips, afterschool activities, DIY etc...I hope they bring back private school and how you had to impress the dean to get your kid into a good private school in Sims 2.

Yup those are some ideas I would like if we get a generation and school pack.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @BuzzBuzz @LiaRose1435 Stop talking to this dude that's what he wants is to start an agruement he wants to shut down this thread and other threads about Preteens so he'll start an agruement the less you replay to him the less he'll comment.

I'm entitled to my opinion. You don't get to decide who responds to who. I'm not the reason these pre-teen threads get shut down. They get shut down because people keep opening new ones about the same topic and flooding the threads. If they liked the idea of pre-teens, why would they shut them down? A good idea would stay open for the addition of different ideas to flesh it out. By opening thread after shut down thread on the same topic, you're trying to force what you want over what others don't want.

They got shut down because it's people like you coming into these threads knowing good and well you don't like idea trying to start an agruement you as well I know it you and others did that to other thread that got shut down. Let us especially me voice my ideas and opinions in peace I know what your trying to do and I'm telling you it won't happen. This will be the last time I will be talking to you I'm not going to get trapped by you trying to start an agruement just because you don't like idea goodbye.

its ok for people to say they don't like an idea its a good thing in fact helps people come up with more ideas
    not less people making to many of these threads has been a trouble as well as the threads not going any where

@comicsforlife only problem is people like BuzzBuzz and the other person refuse to listen and ask to flesh out any ideas which can't be done by either children OR teens

I don't think there is any that can't be done by one or the other this does not make the preteen idea bad though
    more for sim kids and more drama please