The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Happy Boxing Day, @CathyTea

I'm enjoying myself as I just finished off the turkey (with a bit of help from doggo :lol: ) and we have another brownie pie that was meant for either today or yesterday. :) Brownie pie is great as I found out yesterday. I'll put a pic under a spoiler below. :)
    chocolate-brownie-pie-14849-1.jpg

:scream:

@MrsRacooney I know!!!

I'm enjoying myself as I just finished off the turkey (with a bit of help from doggo :lol: ) and we have another brownie pie that was meant for either today or yesterday. :) Brownie pie is great as I found out yesterday. I'll put a pic under a spoiler below. :)

@Bugsie2016 My diet hates you so much right now :bawling:

@AuroraLockwood Oops, sowwy. :lol:
    InfraGreen wrote: »

I'd stuff my face with that if I actually liked hazelnuts.

@InfraGreen How about this one?
    5b6aae34-372f-4869-802b-b54c788ae5fd.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Bugsie2016: that's what I'm talking about. :yum:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i had the easiest day so far. the woman who teaches me ife skills. well technically i teach her. but she saw i was comfortable in my new chair. so i sat she cleaned the kitchen.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    i had the easiest day so far. the woman who teaches me ife skills. well technically i teach her. but she saw i was comfortable in my new chair. so i sat she cleaned the kitchen.

Life skill #101: Sitting in a comfy recliner while someone else cleans the kitchen. :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

Life skill #101: Sitting in a comfy recliner while someone else cleans the kitchen. :D

unless your my mom then it comes with the why didn't you clean lecture.

i am going to clean the bathroom by myself.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    so here's a hypothetically situation: You have a 5+ year old son (or a daughter if you're the opposite sex) you go to the gym with them and yet due to rules you can't take the son (or daughter) int woman's (or men;s) washroom but you don't feel comfortable using the family change rooms at your gym because there's basically no seats except for the toilet lid to sit on and your only other option is for both you and your child to change right in full view of everyone on the bench in between the two rooms. So what would you do?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @MadameLee: I'd still use the family room because I have no need to sit down.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited December 2017
    More progress on my legacy!! (Don't ask which one, I only refer to one of them as a legacy. It's in the title.) Writing a moment i've been looking for to for what feels like forever (in actual fact over 6 months). So much fun!!

Edit: Ok, I counted chapters and when that chapter releases it will have been 57 chapters in the making with everything that leads up to it. So excited and hyped. I was tempted to skip some of the storyline but I only have a few more 'child chapters' to write.

P.S 'Child Chapters' are the ones where Rye is a child. Logical. :smiley:
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    More progress on my legacy!! (Don't ask which one, I only refer to one of them as a legacy. It's in the title.) Writing a moment i've been looking for to for what feels like forever (in actual fact over 6 months). So much fun!!

Edit: Ok, I counted chapters and when that chapter releases it will have been 57 chapters in the making with everything that leads up to it. So excited and hyped. I was tempted to skip some of the storyline but I only have a few more 'child chapters' to write.

Wow, you're on a role @Bugsie2016 !

Wow, you're on a role @Bugsie2016 !

@simscognito I've been binge writing chapters for the past week (I didn't write 57 chapters btw, some of those are published chapters. Actually, over 3/4 of those are already published. :joy: )
    @Bugsie that's still awesome. BTW, this might be a silly question but are those published chapters aired yet?
    @Bugsie that's still awesome. BTW, this might be a silly question but are those published chapters aired yet?

Published chapters are the ones that you can read. Ones that are done but not due out yet I like to call Scheduled chapters. I don't have any scheduled ones at the moment but I want some 'cause it means a little less work for me. :)

Published chapters are the ones that you can read. Ones that are done but not due out yet I like to call Scheduled chapters. I don't have any scheduled ones at the moment but I want some 'cause it means a little less work for me. :)

@Bugsie2016 Yep I love scheduled chapters too. Currently coming to the end of mine, except I do have the batch of un-screenshotted chapters that I need to screenshot. Well Bugsie, with the role you're on right now, I'm sure you can get some scheduled chapters in the bag. :wink:
    @simscognito I'm spending the time writing chapters but not screenshotting. On a break and doing some editing for simlit related stuff that isn't a chapter for one of my stories but something else I keep referencing but never revealing. :smirk: If you're curious enough, i'll link it. :)
    When am I not curious? :D Yep, link me!
    When am I not curious? :D Yep, link me!

Fine. :joy:
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    New update on Winter's Alchemy, Chapter 2.5 It's Over, in which there is some closure.
    https://wintersalchemy.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/2-5-its-over/
    Thanks everyone :)
    I'm been driving nuts by reviews using incorrect word for (different) word when there's a difference between the 2
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm been driving nuts by reviews using incorrect word for (different) word when there's a difference between the 2

Oh I feel. Not only that, but it reminds me of a typical mistake in Korean when they say two things are 'wrong' instead of 'different'. Definitely a mistake, but one most people make, and it drives me insane. Especially since my dad says it a lot...
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I really need to stop playing games when I have writing to do. (I got a bunch of steam credit for Christmas and am now rolling in new indie games which are making it hard to do anything productive :tongue: )

So how is everyone else enjoying their post Christmas cooldown?

@AuroraLockwood Also caught up with my Steam games because of the sale (I've been managing a city a lot lately instead of writing and building houses) :lol:

No cooldown for me yet as we're getting ready for New Year's, which is like a second Christmas here because of all the feasts but with fireworks.
    chalicen wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

Oh I feel. Not only that, but it reminds me of a typical mistake in Korean when they say two things are 'wrong' instead of 'different'. Definitely a mistake, but one most people make, and it drives me insane. Especially since my dad says it a lot...

for instance in English the term for a off-spring that share one similar parent but different (opposite parent) is referred to as a half-sister (My cousin Erin for instance is a half-sister to my full cousins since they have the same Mom not related except by marriage to me, but different Dads). Well a stepparent's child is to another sibling a step brother or sister. But people who claim to have read a certain book kept calling the protagonist's half-brother, a step-brother. Sweetie (the name of the half-brother) could only be a step-brother if he existed prior to the protagonist's Dad and step-mom getting together. But he didn't exist until the Dad and step-mom get together since he's the offspring of both the same father as protagonist and a different Mom (Protagonist's step-mom) which makes him a half-brother. It would be like me calling my full cousins (Cousin Erin's half sisters) "step-sisters" of hers but they didn't exist until Erin's mom marry my Uncle.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    I really need to stop playing games when I have writing to do. (I got a bunch of steam credit for Christmas and am now rolling in new indie games which are making it hard to do anything productive :tongue: )

@AuroraLockwood Also caught up with my Steam games because of the sale (I've been managing a city a lot lately instead of writing and building houses) :lol:

No cooldown for me yet as we're getting ready for New Year's, which is like a second Christmas here because of all the feasts but with fireworks.

@pronterus I've been bouncing between an eclectic batch. Currently I'm playing an old PS2 era strategy game called Disgaea which is sucking away every ounce of my time.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member

@pronterus I've been bouncing between an eclectic batch. Currently I'm playing an old PS2 era strategy game called Disgaea which is sucking away every ounce of my time.

Ah yes, Disgaea is a classic I've played a lot back in high school and college. :lol: I think the 4th installment had a vampire as the main overlord.

i just got my 3ds working again today. i bought a new charger.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top