Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    so what are some people's Christmas traditions on CHRISTMAS Day?

Gonna sound weird, but breakfast. My dad's family is on a very early schedule (while my mum's family still has those late European dinners, four generations later~) so we celebrate Christmas in the morning/early afternoon. So my traditional Christmas "dinner" is omelets.

thats not weird thats yummy.

what do you mean by european dinner though. only sis can confuse me more than once a week.

Europeans tend to have dinner late, like 9PM or later. My grandma definitely holds onto that (her mum was from Italy, but I think she let go of that herself as she grew old). Left to my own devices, I eat dinner right before bed, if I do at all.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Gonna sound weird, but breakfast. My dad's family is on a very early schedule (while my mum's family still has those late European dinners, four generations later~) so we celebrate Christmas in the morning/early afternoon. So my traditional Christmas "dinner" is omelets.

thats not weird thats yummy.

what do you mean by european dinner though. only sis can confuse me more than once a week.

Europeans tend to have dinner late, like 9PM or later. My grandma definitely holds onto that (her mum was from Italy, but I think she let go of that herself as she grew old). Left to my own devices, I eat dinner right before bed, if I do at all.

its 8:44 here i just put dinner in the microwave.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

We have a nice breakfast and coffee and we read and feel grateful! :)

Then we have a big feast (roast veggies and butternut squash/sweet potato pie and cranberry sauce) and another hot cup of coffee and another big helping of gratitude!

We might go for a walk or a hike or spend time in the garden in the afternoon. Somewhere in there is a phone call to family.

Looking forward to hearing your traditions! :)

your chritmas lunch sounds a lot like your thanksgiving dinner.

sorry i couldn't stop myself in 2 weeks you'll be to busy for me to do this..

It actually is exactly the same recipes as what we have for Thanksgiving! We love the Thanksgiving feast so much that we repeat it at Christmas!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

We have a nice breakfast and coffee and we read and feel grateful! :)

Then we have a big feast (roast veggies and butternut squash/sweet potato pie and cranberry sauce) and another hot cup of coffee and another big helping of gratitude!

We might go for a walk or a hike or spend time in the garden in the afternoon. Somewhere in there is a phone call to family.

Looking forward to hearing your traditions! :)

your chritmas lunch sounds a lot like your thanksgiving dinner.

sorry i couldn't stop myself in 2 weeks you'll be to busy for me to do this..

It actually is exactly the same recipes as what we have for Thanksgiving! We love the Thanksgiving feast so much that we repeat it at Christmas!

i thought jim had chicken tenders for thanksgivng.
    And... more birthday wishes to @MrsRacooney ! Have a great day! :)

racooney.png

oh i think i missed this.

i was picking on sis when it posted.

happy birthday.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Day 61

It's the day before the yuletide. Can Jubilee patch things up with her dad?

12-24-17_11-17-05-PM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

my brother and i did the stocking thing when we were little.

now i have no idea what were doing .

i just know at some point tomorrow mom will pick me up . i haven't wrapped anything . i think were having enchiladas. thats always intresting mom has make one with olives and one without. my brother hates them.

but he seems to have started a tradition of feeding me.

what i mean is he made me chicken at thanksgiving.

and the time before that he bought sausage mcmufins. without cheese. bleck.

i just read this again. it might be a little confusing.

i hate cheese on breakfast sandwiches. since mcds is known for cheese on almost everything i loved that my brother got no cheese.

its just breakfast sandwiches i hate with cheese when mom and i went out last week i got a cheeseburger.

- Day 61

It's the day before the yuletide. Can Jubilee patch things up with her dad?

12-24-17_11-17-05-PM.png?w=800

yeah i'm still up.
    yeah next week i get my sleep in days back.
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    Merry Christmas to everyone, and happy holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas. I hope everyone's enjoying themselves during this holiday season! :)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Merry Christmas to everybody, especially to those who are spending the day alone.

Also, new chapter of my alien adoption challenge. Wendy takes Kanto to the library. What could go wrong???

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Chapter is here a day early as a christmas present to my readers....
    Chapter 20
    V60pV8Kl.png
    Merry Christmas! The greatest gift to me was either getting my mobility fast after an injury last week, or a new Cuisinart. :p

Anyways, I bring special interfaith holiday snapshots from the Uptown crew to you. <3

122417113907PMshrped.png

122417114012PMshrped.png

122417114746PMshrped.png

122417114834PMshrped.png

12251792010AMshrped.png

122417111123PMshrped.png

12251793916AMshrped.png

12251793505AMshrped.png

12251792505AMshrped.png

12251792420AMshrped.png

But that's not all! I bear gifts too...of custom content.

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Merry Christmas! The greatest gift to me was either getting my mobility fast after an injury last week, or a new Cuisinart. :p

Anyways, I bring special interfaith holiday snapshots from the Uptown crew to you. <3

122417113907PMshrped.png

122417114012PMshrped.png

122417114746PMshrped.png

122417114834PMshrped.png

12251792010AMshrped.png

122417111123PMshrped.png

12251793916AMshrped.png

12251793505AMshrped.png

12251792505AMshrped.png

12251792420AMshrped.png

Merry Christmas to you too, Trip.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member

We have a midnight feast on Christmas Eve called a noche buena. The food is expected to be lavish, like imported roast beef or Christmas ham. We also sing karaoke. Then after sleeping, the family and I go to mass at a nearby church in the morning and then have a Christmas lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant, where we meet our whole clan of relatives. The tiring thing is having to greet every cousin, uncle, aunt, and grandparent individually. :lol: Then we give each other presents and eat.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited December 2017
    @pronterus my Aunt (Mom's sister) wanted to get together in the spring one year and everyone said they wanted/willing to do potluck but she got into her head to do Chinese restaurant. Plus paid for it herself. I just hope I get to see some of my family members this holidays (this is kind of the reason, I wish I could be put in charge of get-togethers both winter and summer since if I was doing them-I could start very earlier ((like around October to give people time to book off or to get flights (((like my Cousin Amy who lives in B.C.))).)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    I've been neglecting to post story links in here (partly because I don't feel like it, for one), but here:

In Light of the Holiday

Happy Holidays, or whatever.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    We could say Happy Time Zones everyone! :)

What? I'm confused

cathtea made it up because when some people are going to bed it morning for others . basically its a way of greeting eveyone without saying

good morning afternoon or evening.

I think @VanityHigh made it up... and then it caught on and became our official Lounge salutation: Happy Timezones, everyone! :)

i wonder where she is i haven't seen her in a while.

Boo! :tongue:

you came on right when i logged off.

It’s those pesky timezones @friendsfan367 :wink:

Hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas :heart:
    edited December 2017

122417113907PMshrped.png

122417114012PMshrped.png

122417114746PMshrped.png

122417114834PMshrped.png

12251792010AMshrped.png

122417111123PMshrped.png

12251793916AMshrped.png

12251793505AMshrped.png

12251792505AMshrped.png

12251792420AMshrped.png

bad trip. i said only sis can confuse me. lol. whats mobility fast.

when i was replying to sis earlier this week .i think yesterday i said no deathoutside of sims. i forgot no animal death outside of sims. but my cockatiel out lived his life expectancy. i think he was 35 or or 40. so not schocked but the timing is bad considering all my family lost already.

he died whrn my brother was at the beging of the divorce so right after dad.

oh and no european dinner tonight.
    funny story. well i thought it was funny.

mom got annoyed that i lost the gift card for target my brother gave me . just one problem he handed it to me after she got annoyed so i didn't even have it yet.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

mom got annoyed that i lost the gift card for target my brother gave me . just one problem he handed it to me after she got annoyed so i didn't even have it yet.

It's just that she's prescient! :D
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

122417113907PMshrped.png

122417114012PMshrped.png

122417114746PMshrped.png

122417114834PMshrped.png

12251792010AMshrped.png

122417111123PMshrped.png

12251793916AMshrped.png

12251793505AMshrped.png

12251792505AMshrped.png

12251792420AMshrped.png

bad trip. i said only sis can confuse me. lol. whats mobility fast.

when i was replying to sis earlier this week .i think yesterday i said no deathoutside of sims. i forgot no animal death outside of sims. but my cockatiel out lived his life expectancy. i think he was 35 or or 40. so not schocked but the timing is bad considering all my family lost already.

he died whrn my brother was at the beging of the divorce so right after dad.

oh and no european dinner tonight.

I meant that I regained my mobility in a short amount of time. Gained it fast. :p Though that's my fault and bad wording.

outrun / blog / tunglr

i still don't know if jim had chicken tenders for dinner. on thanksgiving you ate all that other stuff and he had chicken tenders. which i remember becuse i love those not because i'm playing pick on sissy. :)

well i can't lose what i don't have. lol.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited December 2017
    I hope everyone is having or has had a MERRY CHRISTMAS this year. Right now I bring you my Christmas (Yuletide in the story) chapter.

- Day 62

The Simself family celebrates the Yuletide together. @CathyTea plays Santa and delivers some special gifts. Finally, we eliminate yet another sim selfie from the four potential mates for Jubilee. There's only two left. Who will be Juju's boy toy?

12-25-17_4-30-01-PM.png?w=800
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top