Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    davidson-christmas.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone (now with the correct image :tongue: )

Merry Christmas to you too, @AuroraLockwood
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm as bad as noel and lauren . they keep getting distracted so they aren't married yet .

but i have a new recliner and new amazon shows on prime so i haven't made a attempt to get them married.
    I broke my christmas eve tradition tonight so I can work on sims stuff. :lol:
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I broke my christmas eve tradition tonight so I can work on sims stuff. :lol:

what tradition?
    The one where I sit and watch christmas movies! I'll watch them tomorrow instead. :)
    The one where I sit and watch christmas movies! I'll watch them tomorrow instead. :)

today i've been binge watching amazon. i love true crime shows.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

What a fun tradition! I used to do that, too! Which movies are your favorites? I like the 1951 version of A Christmas Carol, "It's a Wonderful Life" (of course!), and all these little movies that just happen to be set at Christmas time.

I've also really cut back on the number of Christmas movies I watch since writing Sims stories--not so much time to watch when there are stories to write! I've started a new practice for myself of writing Christmas stories, and it's so much fun! It lets me enjoy all the great feelings and memories of Christmas while also enjoying creativity!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    Merry Christmas, lovely people! :smile:
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Merry Christmas @CharmingMaruska @Bugsie2016 awesome tradition. We do that too on Christmas Eve where we watch Christmas movies. XD
    Merry Christmas @everyone !
    And 'cause as soon as I finish this BB christmas pic i'm going to sleep, (I know i've said this already on tumblr ) but, a happy birthday to @MrsRacooney for tomorrow (25th) !
    edited December 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hey, Lounge Friends! I'm here with holiday greetings! May your winter be bright and healthy! May your new year be filled with inspiration and creativity!

loungewinter.png

and no death or divorces outside of stories.

sorry sis for ruinin the sentemint.

seriously though happy holidays everyone, before i watched mash a few years back i used to think boxing day was a day people beat each other up. i like the real meaning better.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    so what are some people's Christmas traditions on CHRISTMAS Day?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »

lets start with yours . i need time to think.

We have a nice breakfast and coffee and we read and feel grateful! :)

Then we have a big feast (roast veggies and butternut squash/sweet potato pie and cranberry sauce) and another hot cup of coffee and another big helping of gratitude!

We might go for a walk or a hike or spend time in the garden in the afternoon. Somewhere in there is a phone call to family.

Looking forward to hearing your traditions! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    And... more birthday wishes to @MrsRacooney ! Have a great day! :)

racooney.png

@CathyTea @friendsfan367
    well in my house when the 'children' ie my sister&I are awake first (which is most of the time) We get to empty our stockings while we wait for the Parents to get up. I guess so they didn't have the waking up parent. So when everyone is awake (and after lunch) we get to open our presents, the second-youngest-most of the time my sister Laura or one year it was actually the youngest (me) because Laura was elsewhere- hands out the presents for the parents, herself and I-but we only get one present each at the time and then continue for the rest of the time. That tradition comes from Mom's poor childhood.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited December 2017
    @CathyTea @friendsfan367
    well in my house when the 'children' ie my sister&I are awake first (which is most of the time) We get to empty our stockings while we wait for the Parents to get up. I guess so they didn't have the waking up parent. So when everyone is awake (and after lunch) we get to open our presents, the second-youngest-most of the time my sister Laura or one year it was actually the youngest (me) because Laura was elsewhere- hands out the presents for the parents, herself and I-but we only get one present each at the time and then continue for the rest of the time. That tradition comes from Mom's poor childhood.

We do the one present at a time thing. We've never just been given the pile of presents to open, mum always insisted we wait for each other so she'd give us them one by one. I still live with them so still happens. Different with my grandparents who just gave us the gift bags or whatever. :)
    @CathyTea @friendsfan367

We do the one present at a time thing. We've never just been given the pile of presents to open, mum always insisted we wait for each other so she'd give us them one by one. I still live with them so still happens. Different with my grandparents who just gave us the gift bags or whatever. :)

@Bugsie2016 well in my family it started with my maternal grandparents and Mom, my aunt and my 2 uncles growing up as missionary kids in South Korea. So they weren't that well-off or that poor. They only each got one present (or so mom says) so she introduced the tradition to Dad's family and no matter which house (back when my Paternal grandparents were alive one died in 1999 he would have been 100 this year back in June and the other one died in 2007) and when my Maternal grandparents still had a house (grandma died in 2013 almost a year after moving into a nursing home in Toronto) We would switch back and forth on which house we would be staying at for Christmas itself and whose we would be going to for NYE (guess who had to keep track of which grandparents house each year until 2007?) we did that tradition.
    6adMCGP.gif
    Anyway I'm off to bed.. the stockings are on the table with care/hoping St.Nickolas will soon be there.
    6adMCGP.gif
    @CathyTea @friendsfan367

@Bugsie2016 well in my family it started with my maternal grandparents and Mom, my aunt and my 2 uncles growing up as missionary kids in South Korea. So they weren't that well-off or that poor. They only each got one present (or so mom says) so she introduced the tradition to Dad's family and no matter which house (back when my Paternal grandparents were alive one died in 1999 he would have been 100 this year back in June and the other one died in 2007) and when my Maternal grandparents still had a house (grandma died in 2013 almost a year after moving into a nursing home in Toronto) We would switch back and forth on which house we would be staying at for Christmas itself and whose we would be going to for NYE (guess who had to keep track of which grandparents house each year until 2007?) we did that tradition.

That's interesting. :) I think our tradition started because I grew up with 4 siblings (I was the middle child. I say was because I don't like my oldest sister that much 'cause of her own actions) and 5 kids would be chaotic to sort out with presents!!! Not entirely sure as i've never asked. I'll have to ask my mum at some point.
    CathyTea wrote: »

We have a nice breakfast and coffee and we read and feel grateful! :)

Then we have a big feast (roast veggies and butternut squash/sweet potato pie and cranberry sauce) and another hot cup of coffee and another big helping of gratitude!

We might go for a walk or a hike or spend time in the garden in the afternoon. Somewhere in there is a phone call to family.

Looking forward to hearing your traditions! :)

your chritmas lunch sounds a lot like your thanksgiving dinner.

sorry i couldn't stop myself in 2 weeks you'll be to busy for me to do this..
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

Gonna sound weird, but breakfast. My dad's family is on a very early schedule (while my mum's family still has those late European dinners, four generations later~) so we celebrate Christmas in the morning/early afternoon. So my traditional Christmas "dinner" is omelets.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited December 2017
    InfraGreen wrote: »

Gonna sound weird, but breakfast. My dad's family is on a very early schedule (while my mum's family still has those late European dinners, four generations later~) so we celebrate Christmas in the morning/early afternoon. So my traditional Christmas "dinner" is omelets.

thats not weird thats yummy.

what do you mean by european dinner though. only sis can confuse me more than once a week.

my brother and i did the stocking thing when we were little.

now i have no idea what were doing .

i just know at some point tomorrow mom will pick me up . i haven't wrapped anything . i think were having enchiladas. thats always intresting mom has make one with olives and one without. my brother hates them.

but he seems to have started a tradition of feeding me.

what i mean is he made me chicken at thanksgiving.

and the time before that he bought sausage mcmufins. without cheese. bleck.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top