Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Thank you so much @Rosemow!!
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @Ainsleyf - Kringle Farms looks AMAZING!!!! I love the layout & landscaping of your lot. As well as the realistic looking reindeer barn. Mr.& Mrs Kringle are adorable. <3<3<3
  • WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    @Ainsleyf Just saw your upload ingame and had to come and check it out. This is a lovely little cottage. The roof line looks really good & like what you did with the rugs in the living area. Beautiful and creative work. <3
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    9TkPZAb.png
    Challenge 55 build results are now posted on page 1, I just have to say how impressed I am at how many people got 5 stars for placement. Well done to you all it's the first time we have had so little placement errors, yay!!

Challenge 55 build results found here
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Congratulations on receiving the judges awards! @Ainsleyf @leashahampton and @Liz_GoBucks :)

Congratulations on winning the Intermediate level! @StangMix2 :)

Congratulations on winning the Experienced level! @Corwim :) Congratulations on placing @leashahampton and @Laebeth :)

Congratulations on winning the Advanced level! @emere :)
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Wow, what great pet hospitals! Congrats to @StangMix2, @Corwim and @emere for winning your levels. Congrats to @leashahampton and @Laebeth for placing. And congrats to @Ainsleyf, @leashahampton, and @Liz_GoBucks for your judge's awards! Wonderful work all of you!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    OH! Congrats to @StangMix2 @Corwim and @emere for winning their respective levels! Awesome work you guys, and well deserved! Congrats to @leashahampton on placing! Well done sweetie!

Congrats to @Ainsleyf @leashahampton and @Liz_GoBucks for their judges awards! That's awesome!

Thank you very much for the congrats @rosemow and @lsnishi ! :heart:

I must admit I am super stoked about placing for this one! So far my only wins have been gardens, and I have been really trying to do better in my house building, so this was a confirmation to me that I am getting there :blush: And that made my day!

@Cbear13 I can't express how much I appreciate the feedback on this one! And here I am specifically referring to the notes in which you very clearly note exactly what I have to get better at! That is exactly what I needed :smiley: I will be copy pasting that to keep it close and really focus on it on the next build I do :wink:

I doubt I will get the Kringle house done on time, as I am still working frantically on the village for the monthly, but I love seeing the entries :smiley: I think I will be doing this build in any case, even though I might have to finish it on my own time outside of the comp! I just love the idea! I'll have to do some planning and see what I have time for. A lot is happening now before Christmas :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Congrats to @StangMix2, @Corwim, @emere, @leashahampton, @Laebeth and @Liz_GoBucks!!! WOOT! Great clinics everyone and thanks to @Cbear13 for another fun challenge!!!
    QC challenge no:56
    Origin ID: Ainsleyfr
    Sims Gallery Name: The Kringles
    Gallery Link: The Kringles
    Images (1-2 images):qhFC0Do.pngmInlfrB.png
    Your Kringles sims are very nice! @Ainsleyf :) Very nice Christmas themed patterning and colours of their clothing. The skills that they have suit them very well! It is a nice touch that they are wearing glasses. They have kindly faces.
    Thank you so much, @Rosemow!! I tried to give them very friendly faces!! And thank so much to @Whitemojo and @CaramelLibra29! I seriously appreciate the kind words..and @CaramelLibra29 - you let your hair down!! Haha...I might have to do a simself photo too now that they have my hair!
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,087 Member
    edited December 2017
    Congratulations @StangMix2, @Corwim @emere @leashahampton @Laebeth and @Liz_GoBucks and @Ainsleyf B)! Great pet hospitals :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @Cbear13 it is good to know that your nose is ok for Xmas :# Here is my entry:

QC challenge no: 56
    Origin ID: osiazul
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): The Summer Home at Windenburg
    Gallery Name: Merry Xmas 2017
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D720F01DE51311E78115C38F04807BF8
    Notes about entry: as this cottage is from an imaginary world, you can buy a xmas tree already decorated (ok, maybe it is a little silly but I want this in RL). I used items for cats and dogs as I tested the cottage with Gingerbread (dog) and Peppermint (cat). Also I realize that is not the first time I built a stable, but I still do not know what to do with them :D zero creativity there or maybe I'm the Grinch :p
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

6EAkySX.png
    xJkTOHC.png
    qk8ZlZx.png
    qjIqul6.png
    ZIpRvnG.png
    9Z0Ugpy.png
    @Emere - wow...this is so cute and christmassy and colorful. Just love the curb appeal. awesome!
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Congratz @StangMix2 @Corwim @leashahampton @Laebeth @Liz_GoBucks and @Ainsleyf B)<3

Thanks to the judges for the feedback. I never knew what to do with the patio roof, I changed the color and shape so many times and I never found something good :s
    The exterior design of your home is so very creatively great! @emere :) The tower, design of the roofing, and the red and green colour scheme of the exterior walls/roof areas looks so very nice! The flower box windows, wreath, green awnings over the front door and the festive garlands on the tower windows are nice touches in the build. Very nice Christmas tree farm area! The red picket fencing and overhead string lights look great bordering the area. Sims will enjoy coming there and buying decorated Christmas trees for their homes. Sandy Sandman, Surfing Santa and the snowman look cute there! Very nice outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the red bbq and eating the food at the picnic table under the shade of the red umbrella. The red barn stables looks great! The hearts are a nice touch on the wall. Very nice living room! Sims and cats will enjoy watching tv and resting on the sofa in front of the Christmas themed fireplace! The windows sitting nook is a very nice place for cats to sleep also! Sims will have fun playing chess in the room, and enjoy reading books from the bookcase whilst sitting on the seating. The Christmas tree and presents are special festive touches in the room area. Nice art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. Very nice toy workshop! Kris Kringle would enjoy creating toys on the woodwork bench. The red and green chequered flooring looks very nice. It is nice that it is home where pets can enjoy living there also.
    It is a very nice home for the Kringles! :)
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    @Cbear13 Thanks for all the info, sorry it took so long to respond. I guess my questions are regarding intersections again haha, mostly wondering how much stuff must be altered as I modify my build for the contest. I guess I can just ask a few specific intersections that I do quite often to see how they might be judged.

1. I sometimes put pillars or ground lights into plants to create a nestled look, as if the plants are growing around the pillar. Is that okay?
    2. I used 2 objects to imitate snow clumps that are often placed into other objects. I figure this should be okay as snow often clumps at the base on objects or on roofs though right? Example picture (snow on the pillar under the balcony or at the base of the chess table):
    - 01154593a71155ff8c03fe3141d81414ec570350c9f9e401f3b4df7f39631e1fd97ef40f.jpg
    3. What about the rocks that form the border of the Nativity scene or the gifts and toys placed on the grass of the Christmas tree? I wanted to create a rock border to the Nativity scene to separate the tile white flooring of that area from the terrain of the ground. I wasn't sure of another way to do so without intersecting rocks. Image below
    - 925250832d4d4c5a1fb1937d6bdf3bab272768e82a6f28dec9a2edd7951ee7ea1cfac77d.jpg
    4. Next question is about intersecting gifts in the rooftop Santa. I used them to obscure the surfboard and books in the bag as they didn't fit in. I realise intersecting actual gifts don't make sense, but as this part is meant to be a rooftop "sculpture" I assume it could be realistic to assume it was just sculpted this way maybe? As the inside is likely "hollow"? Image below
    - 18167136f3458a7df0be63f0f71478785d9fe3f41797e2e25ec4bd99e9fe631777e35580.jpg
    5. Lastly, clutter that intersects naturally like a book on top of a letter or something should be okay right?

Thanks for all the advice!
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
    edited December 2017
    @Cbear13 --- My cottage for the Kringles costs almost §167,000 in the version I have in my library. Is that the price that will go in the gallery? I still have a tiny bit more to decorate --- so it may cost a couple thousand more. If that costs too much already, I will think about what I can rearrange, if needed.

I just saw a lower price of about 10K in the lot in game, which I'm assuming is the price that we use. Therefore, I have a tiny bit more thank 3K to spend, at most.

Can you please let me know if I have this right or wrong :)? Thanks a lot :)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    @nore your build looks beautiful so far! I love it, you must of spent hours on it!!!

I havnt really been into building lately, i did do a build for this challenge- but i think im a bit off theme. So ill just start entering again in the new year :)
    rzsH227.png
    @emere oh your Kringle house is adorable I love it and I know what you mean about the patio roof I've done that before.
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    @Nore I will answer your questions as best as I can but I cant go through you entry before its been judged it wouldn't be fair but I can answer general questions

1. As long as no part of the plant is sticking into the lights, a nestled look can still be achieved if your super careful with placement

2. The snow clumps is something you would include a note on and try do it cleanly as possible, also make sure the items don't make others unusable because they are sticking in

3. Rocks are ok sticking into other rocks to create a new looking rock or borders to garden beds and other areas its when other objects are sticking into the rocks that we critique.

4. With the gifts its a tough one that I would have to judge in game but I wouldn't stick gifts into each other it will most lightly be critiqued, maybe something else combined that would look more natural to cover the surfboard I cant see how gifts sticking into each other could look natural and not unrealistic sticking out of each other. Again something you would add with your notes on your entry form

5. As for clutter it would all depend on the individual items if they look to be sticking into each other then it would be critiqued if they don't look to be sticking in then its ok.

As I always say if your unsure then leave a note with your entry form, it doesnt mean we wont critique it but we will know what you were trying to achieve with it and we will discuss it

Hope that helps
    @coolsim9999999 it needs to be no more than 160k on gallery price, you can check this a few ways but I find the easiest is go to save your build to the gallery (without actually saving) and on the smaller box that opens with your build and details it will have the gallery price on there.

Library cost is generally same as gallery price so if its 167k then your over budget, it doesn't matter what lot you build on as long as you check the upload / save cost of the build
    edited December 2017
    Thank you very much for getting back to me @Cbear13 B) --- I'm about §650 under budget now because I rearranged and rethought a few details and have added some other creative ideas to use in my build instead. It should be up sometime today, but definitely before deadline tomorrow by 4 p.m. for me.
    4kkjdXo.png

• NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited December 2017
    QC challenge no: 56
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): The Summer Home, Windenburg
    Gallery Name: Flagstad Farm
    Gallery Link: Here
    Notes about entry:

This challenge was really fun, and I pushed myself to try and make it on time.

I grew up fairly rural, and I still remember my mum and I walking over to this neighbour who lived about a 15 min walk from us to buy a Christmas tree, as he had his own tiny little Christmas tree farm. We got to pick out the tree, and he'd help us chop it down. Fond memories indeed! I also have family in Denmark running a larger scale Christmas tree farm. So for this challenge I wanted to do something personal, and created a very typical Norwegian cottage/farmhouse and the very distinct and traditional red barn.

Notes for the judges:
    -Bathroom 2nd floor. I did push the benches into the wall a bit, to get rid of that "lip" on the wall. I thought it looked more cohesive that way.
    -On the second floor banister the Christmas decorations do clip into the banister a bit I think. I tried to avoid as much as possible.
    -In the hallway I did use those two shelving items to create a more complete shelving system.
    -I used cabinets as benches and put seating inside them as cushions. It seems they work even (during playtesting)
    -I used the pool items as table cloths on the tables in the dining and living area
    -Bathroom 2nd floor, I used shelves under the windows that do clip into them a little. I wanted them to look as if they are one.
    -Several of the curtains (particularly on the 3 piece windows) are pushed together and might slightly clip, as they default tiles place them sorta weird. I think this looked better.
    -Cash register outside is just for show, and not for use.

Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)
    9LNTQIa.png
    rrqtM3r.png
    wohd2Pv.png
    YVK6D76.png

Bonus: Oh look, they sold a few trees already!
    OX03X0O.png
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file