Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Origin updating everyday?

Hello, Not sure it's the right place to talk about Origin issue. It's very weird that I get Origin updates the day before yesterday, yesterday and today when I turn on my computer. It's the 3rd time now. No problem to complete the update but next day, I get origin update alert again and again.. Is that normal?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin. It won't effect your game. Sounds like your stuck in an update loop .
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin. It won't effect your game. Sounds like your stuck in an update loop .

Yes I did it for 3 days and get the alert again next day.
    edited December 2017
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Have you tried turning origin off in game?

If I remember correctly your on Mac? Are you using the Mac version of origin? You might want to ask the Mac section if others are having issues with origin update.

@BluebellFlora or @Tremayne4260
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I got that too but only once this week. I tried playing Sims 3 after a long time away playing Sims 4 and had a lot of trouble with missing Store stuff etc. The Sims3 page was considered "unsafe" too. I've just found that my account country has been changed to Afghanistan! Origin is not working properly for me.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'd check your account settings. For some reason my country had been reset to Afghanistan and I had been wondering why I was continually recieving verification codes requests.

If I remember correctly your on Mac? Are you using the Mac version of origin? You might want to ask the Mac section if others are having issues with origin update.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes i got an imac after giving my pc laptop to my som as his birthday present. I tried the sims 3 base only on high sierra but very laggy. So I created bootcamp again and purchased windows10. I get this message on pc version on i mac. I will try to turn it off. Thanks.

Simburian wrote: »
    I'd check your account settings. For some reason my country had been reset to Afghanistan and I had been wondering why I was continually recieving verification codes requests.

Thank you. I will check my region as well, Recently, I moved to UAE, so it would be right if the region is set to UAE on account.
    edited December 2017

Sorry for the late reply. Yes i got an imac after giving my pc laptop to my som as his birthday present. I tried the sims 3 base only on high sierra but very laggy. So I created bootcamp again and purchased windows10. I get this message on pc version on i mac. I will try to turn it off. Thanks.

If your bootcamping windows you can also ask @igazor however they are now playing the game on steam so not sure if igazor knows what is going on with origin. igazor did move to steam version of the game because he was having too many issues with origin
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Aye. I'm afraid I no longer have an Origin install (on Windows) so if something new is happening or going wrong, I'm not really able to see it for myself anymore.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net