Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Workaround The Book of Life not working for restoring needs, and just how to restore needs...

SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
I was sad when The Book of Life stopped working for all my sims to restore their needs about two patches ago. This has not yet been fixed (others have reported the same problem). So, I figured out a way to restore all needs at once another way.

Have a Sim reach the top of Scientist career (http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/gettowork/scientist/), make a Cloning Machine (or ten... http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Cloning_machine), and spend some time each day cloning Need Fixer serum. Then just drag each one to the different Sim's inventories, and voila! Needs fixed.

e4aa35cb6ac74755ecd64319ea49a212.jpg

Video clip.

It helps to get the serum tested, as untested can lead to unwelcome effects.

Enjoy, if you didn't know this. How do YOU fill most/more of your sims needs?
I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.

Comments

• SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I've never used the book of life at all so I don't feel the loss. My sims fill their needs the old fashioned way, by showering/peeing/eating etc. I don't even get the reward traits (never weary, steel bladder etc.) because I find it odd to have sims that are basically robots who have no needs. That said, for those of you that DO use the book of life, I hope they fix it soon.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited November 2017
    If I have a need to fill a need not the regular way, I usually use the moodlet solver when my sims needs are low. It's only 500 points. But, I have the UI cheats mid, too, and if, say my toddlers, are dead on their feet at 2pm and I don't want all needs maxed, I just give them a little boost to energy. I also will drop a need, if I want a sim to sleep or eat at a certain time.
  • meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    I can confirm that BOL is still broken as of 12-15-17. I was wondering if it was a mod conflict, but from other's reports to seems to be a bug in the game. It's not a game breaker, but considering that BOL is the main reward for a somewhat grindy aspiration, I hope they prioritize a fix.
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    I do too. I almost quit playing when the BOL broke, because I relied on it so heavily. I ended moving sims out and focusing on fewer at a time, and of course, making the need fixer potions, but I would really, really like to have the BOL back. And I'm worried that it might not be fixed for a long time. What frustrates me most is the number of things that are main rewards that are broken. I can't harvest the Fireleaf, so I can't complete gardening nor the Outdoors aspiration. I ended up using a cheat to get that plant after a Dev wrote that's not a priority for them to fix, but I really would rather not have had to. Then the parties are all messed up. Goals met don't register, entire parties where I got Silver don't register, and I haven't been able to get one Gold yet. So I can't complete the Party Animal aspiration. Because I have a feeling fixing the party issues is rather complicated, if impossible, I also don't expect a fix to those anytime soon. These things all have to do with maximizing things and are and will likely continue to stay broken. I think the party issues are hard to fix because I think the game has a hard time just handling multiple sims at once. I also notice the sims freeze and stand around for a long time around the time when their moods change. When you have multiple sims around at once multiple moods are bound to change also, and it doesn't help that a change in mood is often a party goal also. They just stand there and then the mood changes and then everything resumes. I wish the dancing and listening to radio and chatting and eating at the same time goals would be fixed too because without those fixes it's hard to have a successful party. I also think that if they know that some fixes are going to take a long time to implement, they admit it and implement something else to make it easier to work around. Like allow for party goals to be toggled like whims, locked in or discarded. If the game freezes around changing moods then maybe a mood stabilizer (Simthium?). But anyway, yeah, lots of things broken without a fix in sight that involve main rewards or completions.
    I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.