Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @aricarai, if you check a lot BEFORE it goes thru the Exchange they will look like @creativemetaphor does. The Exchange does something that messes with custard and the png's will shows it as corrupt.

Check one of your lots. Once before you have uploaded it and then download it and check it from the Exchange.
    edited December 2017
    Name/Link to Your Page: romagi / https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/romagi1
    Sim's Name: Devin Delaney
    Link to Sim (Can be uploaded as a household): https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9166550
    Sim's Traits: Bookworm, Natural Cook, Family Oriented, Eco Friendly, Loves the outdoors
    Biography/Back-story:

Devin is an only child; it was just him and his Da growing up. With his father being a teacher they spent their summers and holidays at his Grandma’s cabin. Devin loved being outside fishing and swimming, but his favorite time was the evenings quietly reading by the fire before bed. (One of Da’s rules) His grandma was the best cook ever and Devin enjoyed helping her in the kitchen. Every year his cooking got better and grandma used to laugh and say that one day he would make a fine husband. Grandma grew all her own fruits and veggies so Devin naturally learned the rewards for being kind to mother earth. Devin became a teacher not just because his Da was but because he liked children and knew that someday he would have a large family. Now that Devin is on his own he’s decided to find a cabin down the road from Grandma’s so he could still visit her and Da and do some entertaining of his own.

Devin is hoping this will be the summer he finds that certain someone and one day pass on all he has learned to his children.

Devin is quite pleased with the cabin he found. It’s within walking distance of his Grandma’s cabin, there’s room for a small kitchen garden in back, and it has a small enclosed back porch with plenty of windows to make it perfect for a grilling porch and a washer. The kitchen is small but it’s all he needs to cook for small get together with friends and family. There’s a screened porch overlooking the pond with room enough for a small table for romantic dinners. It has one bedroom and bath downstairs but there’s a loft bedroom large enough to put a couple of bunk beds for when his friends stay for a visit, they will even have their own bath. He can see it already. Fishing and horseshoes during the summer and Ice skating and roasting marshmallows around the fire pit during the winter! It’ll be perfect for Holidays and summer break with friends and when he has his own family!

Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):

cp6qbHY.jpg

JUyW8vU.jpg

dpaK54y.jpg

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: https://imgur.com/a/bb8ZV

Additional Information:

Libra – Irish Green – Country Music – Key Lime Pie

Middle School Teacher (lvl 5) - Surrounded by Family

Lots of skills and lifetime points
    Post edited by romagi1 on
    Name/Link to Your Page: romagi / https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/romagi1
    Lot name: Moss Creek Cabin
    Link to Your Lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9166553
    Final Price: $32,536
    Description: Quaint Mountain cabin with open floor plan. Sleeps and eats 6 with 1 bedroom and bath downstairs and a loft bedroom with 2 bunk beds and bath upstairs. A grilling porch with a washer and screened porch overlooking the pond. Fishing and Horseshoes during the summer and Ice skating and roasting marshmallows around the fire pit during the winter!

Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):

uVI2cgz.jpg

FXuvJN5.jpg

sd3PBtJ.jpg

tEOk7qg.jpg

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link: https://imgur.com/a/bb8ZV
    List of WANTS that you included in the home:

Space to entertain a small group of close friends
    - Open plan kitchen/living area
    - Hardwood floors throughout the main areas
    - Small plants included as part of the décor
    - Reading loft or nook – not sure if it’s a nook but it’s a cozy chair by the fire.
    - At least 2 items that fit their personality (hints under The Client)
    Bookcase, recycle bins, room for friends and family, can feel outdoors but still be inside, comfy reading chair by fireplace, 4 outdoor activities.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @romagi1 ooh Devin is quite handsome. Love the screened porch over the pond! Beautiful lot <3
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @aricarai, if you check a lot BEFORE it goes thru the Exchange they will look like @creativemetaphor does. The Exchange does something that messes with custard and the png's will shows it as corrupt.

Check one of your lots. Once before you have uploaded it and then download it and check it from the Exchange.

OOOOH! Derp! Thanks, Rox :mrgreen:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Devin is really cute and a very nice sim. And, that cabin is lovely with all it's wood and deep green color.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @romagi1 , the handsome Devin and his fabulous cabin are absolutely stunning!! ... Big rec for both :)
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    kesminlix, Lina might mind, being a loner n all but I won't tell if you want to just not move her in ;)

Well, I'm a loner myself and I only really emerge from my room to forage for food... so we could both be loners, together. :D

@romagi1 Your cabin is absolutely gorgeous! I love the screened-in porch. Also, Devin is quite the hunk B)
    Yaay! Another entry! Lovely Sim and cabin @romagi1! I've updated the front and got you all rec'd! <3
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @romagi1 , great cabin, it looks so big compared to mine, lol. I love the little screened in porch sitting over the pond and good idea on the grilling porch. And Devin is a hottie!
    It's so weird, working in the build during the winter season left me with this feeling like it should be snowing outside! Like, I'd get up from the computer and glance outside and it was odd not to see snow. :lol:

Yesterday I took a break from Sims to do some real decorating! Have a lovely fir/cedar/holly garland draped over the arch between my living and dining room, with a string of white lights and some small decorations. Really gets one in the mood :)
    edited December 2017
    @creativemetaphor It snowed here a little bit yesterday and today, but not nearly enough to give off that "Christmasy" vibe. Hopefully we both get some snow soon!

EDIT: I've got lake effect snow predicted for tonight and all day tomorrow!!! Want me to send some your way? B)
    Post edited by Kesminlix on
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Oh my goodness! Amazing builds everyone! <3 The cabins and the sims are perfect! :) I'm still trying to work on depreciation. I don't know how you guys do it. It seems like it's taking forever. I keep finding things that are appreciating so I have to take them out. :/

I haven't been around since Sunday because of a nasty stomach virus. I ended up taking 2 days off of work because of it. I couldn't even get out of bed on Monday. :s
    Depreciation isn't magic. After a week, it's about as low as it gets. One thing I didn't mention before is thart placing a sim who has maxed handiness on your lot before you start building is the most help as that sim gets depreciation prices right away.
    Also, if a Sim is in the Home Designer career...you'll straight away get the lowest price for objects; however, this one is tricky because art appreciates A LOT!
    Hey everyone! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Hopefully y'all will get some build time in!

Anyway, I probably won't be on much as I work 3rd shift all weekend but I wanted to give you guys some wintery feels. I took this picture the other day when I got home from work.
    hPQ9zal.jpg

(There's a ton more snow by now)

That's all for now... I can't wait to see everyone else's builds! (I promise that when I'm not in "zombie mode" this weekend, I'll like and rec everyone's builds!)

Have fun simming! <3
    Oooh pretty snow picture @Kesminlix! It's so pretty to look at, but sometimes it can be a pain if you have to be out and about in it!
    What a nice big window you have @Kesminlix with such a pretty view!
    @Kesminlix Snow!!! :blush:
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited December 2017
    Entry name- snowdove58 https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/snowdove58
    Sim name- Irish Greene
    Link to Sim- https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9168186
    Sims traits- loves the outdoors, loves the cold, eco friendly, natural cook and bookworm

Biography, backstory- Irish Greene is named after his Grandpa who died right after he was born. He had a single mother who worked in the city so he spent a lot of time with Grandma in her cabin. Everything he is and loves is because of her. Reading every book he can get his hands on, being outdoors, especially in the fall and baking with Grandma. Now he is looking for a cabin of his own for getting away from the city noise and pursuing his writer career . He is making money writing about kicky ball while he pursues writing Drama.

Screenshot- Screenshot.jpg

Screenshots and short story of Irish and his Cabin are here- https://snowdovessims3space.blogspot.com/2017/12/little-greene-acre.html
    Post edited by snowdove58 on
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Entry- snowdove58 link to my page= https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/snowdove58
    Lot Name- Little Greene Acre
    Link to lot- https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9168187
    Final price- $31,368
    Description- Lot is 20x20 and is in Moonlight falls on a dead end road that gives lots of privacy. A short walk on a path takes you to a lovely lake that gets a beautiful sunset. Throw stones, fish or swim. A perfect getaway for an avid outdoorsman. Master bedroom,1/2 bath with washer,open living room, dining and great kitchen with baking oven, French doors and larger windows bring the outdoors in. Climb the ladder and your in a space big enough to have a computer area , bunk bed chess set and bookshelf to read there or in the rocker on the deck. Full bath Dart game and fire pit outside plus a few fruit trees and plants. fireproofed and unbreakable except 38 percent upstairs toilet.

Picture-
    Screenshot-16.jpg

Wants- open living and kitchen with counter seating for 4, few hanging plants , flowers in vase and sunflower hamper disguise, wood floors throughout except tile in bathrooms. Reading loft and balcony.

short story and pictures same link as sim entry- https://snowdovessims3space.blogspot.com/
    edited December 2017
    @snowdove58, Love your sims name! Are you trying to tear me up with his story???!?!? Pretty snazzy when he's all dressed up! <3

WOW, going smaller really gets you lots of decor and you had more to spend! LOL Love the french doors into the bedroom and drat that's a great pattern to use for the bedcover in a cabin! :)

P.S. Got ya rec'd!
    @snowdove58 I love your french doors!! And your balcony! I had thought about doing a balcony but it didn't quite fit in the final look. <3
    Lovely cabin @snowdove58 - I love those big windows and the balcony (and of course the garden and fruit trees!) I love the name of your sim. Is that his favorite color by chance? Nice job!
    Oooh those columns are awesome @snowdove58 and what a beautiful spot to place the cabin - love the sunset :smile: