Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Gallery

I feel like the gallery definitely needs an overhaul. I don't feel like I'm finding everything properly, like I'm not sure if its sorting things properly. I'd like be able to find popular downloads by year or a ranged time frame rather than overall. There definitely needs to be more filters to find certain things. For instance, say I want to find just a female sim or a male sim. Just things like that.

Comments

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes. Also, the options to filter by pack aren't very good, seeing as how the search engine won't exclude uploads with packs you didn't select. That's kind of frustrating if you're like me and don't have every single EP, GP, and SP, and just want to find stuff that only contains items from the packs you have, and none from the packs you don't.

I have "Vampires", "Get to Work", "Outdoor Retreat", "Get Together", and the base game and free content downloads (the Holiday Pack and that awesome, metal-as-heck guitar). No, when I choose the option to search only for households/lots that use content from the packs I own, I do not want to see results that also contain stuff from packs I don't own. That totally defeats the purpose of searching for just uploads that contain things from packs I have. Not being able to narrow my search results properly makes me want to search for stuff in the gallery less. It's pretty irritating...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    I upload celebrity sims to gallery and I would like to people to see straight up what they look like with out having to download them. We should have poses for gallery without facial expressions or at least one without facial expressions and maybe one with smile.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Helkkuli wrote: »
    I upload celebrity sims to gallery and I would like to people to see straight up what they look like with out having to download them. We should have poses for gallery without facial expressions or at least one without facial expressions and maybe one with smile.

Yes, we shouldn't have to use poses to see what they look like. Not everyone has these, an you don't really see them so no one downloads them. The pictures they have are awful with stupid expressions.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I want much larger pictures of the lots before I download them.
  • HelkkuliHelkkuli Posts: 92 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Helkkuli wrote: »

Yes, we shouldn't have to use poses to see what they look like. Not everyone has these, an you don't really see them so no one downloads them. The pictures they have are awful with stupid expressions.
    Worst thing is that this has been an issue for me even in Sims 3... You think they would have figured out it already that we wan't to see how the sim actually looks like before downloading them but no.
    14453827.jpg

CHECK OUT MY CELEBRITY LOOK A LIKE SIMS AND DOG BREEDS FROM MY INSTAGRAM @anomitesplayssims

My origin id is anomites
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I defenitely agree. The Gallery is a nice addition to The Sims, but you can tell that this is the first time that this feature is in the game. We should be able to make our own screenshots of our creations, the filters don't work correctly, etc.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Very good points from everyone. Some of them I wasn't really aware of. They definitely need to have better poses or screenshot options for sim creations and builds. I also agree a lot that it should be easier to filter out content that you don't have. I have everything but I'd tried to use that filter option and it doesn't work the way it should.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    The update i'd like to see on the gallery is better screenshot for lots. If we could choose the angle of the preview pictures, that would be great. I have houses that look really nice (well to me at least) but I don't upload them because they don't come over well with the screenshots I'm forced to use.
    And more or better filter options would be nice.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'll chime in to second better search features using what EPs, SPs and GPs I own or want to include. And not just for the Gallery, but my own library as well.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    I thought the hashtags were supposed to be fixed? They aren't. I'm still having a hard time getting anything to show properly on the gallery even with "dogpark" or "pets" I should easily get a few lots show up. Nope. I'm so over the gallery when it doesn't even work half the time!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Also, when you click on the gallery notifications for things like what Maxis has favorited, you can't even see what packs those used unless you went to the page of the actual Simmer yourself and find the actual favorited item. I shouldn't have to do that.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png