Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 QC Create A Room Contest ~ Challenge 85 Up due (EST) 10th December ☆☆

Comments

• okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I'm not sure if I can get inspired to create a summer barbecue setting when there's snow on the ground irl, but I'll try :D:D:D
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Laebeth oh Ive had those same comments from my partner lol

Its a normal judged challenge I will do a fun one for the next one
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @leashahampton haha no I do not I laughed when I sae it and its up to you guys if you theme it for xmas to

@okester its good to imagine your somewhere hot lol
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,659 Member
    Love the new patch with the new items just fit with our summer climate :D
    chips46 wrote: »

Yeah, Snowy the Sandman xD lol What?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    Hello :)
    Just a little information . The patch has now brought back using. “Debug” instead of “ unknown” when searching for Debug items. The use of unknown was meant to be console specific, but it ended up on the pc version too.
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,659 Member
    edited December 2017
    okester wrote: »
    chips46 wrote: »

Yeah, Snowy the Sandman xD lol What?

@okester In australia we dont have snow in summer but on our beaches we have lots of sand and that is where most of us aussies hang out on the beach and some make the Snowy the Sandman from sand and Surfin’ Santa it's what some aussie guys would wear, were laid back and casual wearing our thongs on our feet thats why the new items just fit with our summer climate all is needed is a swagman's hat with corks and you can't get any more bogan then that :D:D
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited December 2017
    @okester What @chips46 is saying is bang on, I just want to make on addition: Thongs does NOT mean the same in Australia OK? haha! It refers to flip flops.. meaning shoes. lol. NOT underwear. When I first met my boyfriend we had a very awkward conversation about him "buying new thongs" saying "everybody here wears them".... lolol

(I saw you explained they are on your feet too Chips, so might have avoided misunderstandings there, just wanted to make it very clear. haha!)

I think it's great the game now also caters to those celebrating Christmas in warm climates! I think we so strongly associate Christmas with snow and cold climates, we forget a large portion of the world has a very different climate :wink: I really want to try this room out now, just to use the new items :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    edited December 2017
    Uh what a great new challenge! Btw everything is better than 15°C / 59F and rain on Christmas! :wink:

I missed out so much on this thread while working on the monthly comp. @Cbear13 awesome banners! Great to see all gorgeous rooms next to each other.

@Laebeth you've created such a calm African lodge feeling! Love the pictures and your playtesting shot :love: and I swear I had the same idea with the palms in the pod, but it looked a bit odd with the big ones :smiley:

@Oliana wow you wangled a room with different patterns and colours which transports African feeling without being overdone. Love it! It was what I thought of and didn't managed to create :wink:

@chips46 what a great idea to use the garage door as a bed background! And your view is stunning! :love: Wonderful to see it on all the pictures around!
    @kilra0 Oh I don't know about that one, see, I have celebrated Christmas in a warm climate before, and it just isn't Christmas. It's kinda sad we haven't had snow the last few years, but I still need the dark winter atmosphere, burning candles and drinking hot chocolate. I simply was not able to get even a tiny bit of Christmas spirit in 20+ heat. Too weird!

Thank you for the comment on my room by the way! Yeah the palms do look better that way :wink:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Thanks SO Much @rosemow -- I Will Try And Get It Posted........ Came In To See The New Challenge!!! Haven't Yet Made It There LOL :D:D:D:D<3<3<3
    edited December 2017
    Summer Days-- Sounds Like A FUN Challenge!!! Hope I Can Get Mine IN!!! -- 3 Weeks -- Plenty Of Time SO I Should Be Able To For Sure -- Love My Aussie Friendsss On The Forum & Gallery --- EXCITING! <3<3<3
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    It's winter here but the days are generally warm and pleasant. The high today is supposed to be 75F and the low 68F. I've actually gone to the beach to swim and tan on Christmas, so I've never thought of winter here as dark and cold. And there's always a Santa that canoes into Waikiki Beach every year. He wears Hawaiian plaid ("palaka").

Here's the video from youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUl5EnDQjLM

PDWxp40.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Wow I'm lost in time, I never finished my poor Cherry Pie Room and now I realize that I missed the safari challenge too :o All the rooms are great, the decor and colors are so nice, you can build some safari cabins with them. And they are full of pretty details <3 This is the best of the rooms challenge. I will try the new one.

Oh, @Cbear13 this is not the first time you hit the new patch stuff, maybe you are a Sims Oracle :#

@lsnishi you can give us some Hawaii with your room (the video is lovely).
    great to see your Christmas tradition @lsnishi a canoeing Santa would be definitely something new over here :D
    edited December 2017
    @emere I know its kind of freaking me out how I do that haha I swear I had no idea what the patch was lol
    edited December 2017
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no:71
    Origin ID: Kilra0
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Gallery Name: Xmas on the sunny side
    Gallery Link: here
    Notes about entry: the garlands are sticking into the pillars, I wasn't able to fix that
    ha7c40lpaunt.png
    mzyotfuqcdfv.png
    m2gjtcd7j6wz.png
    edited December 2017
    The layout and furnishing of your room is very nice! @kilra0 :) The flowers in the vases on the edges of the room , flower boxes on the wall and the ladder of flowers look very pretty! Very nice dining area! The floral patterning of the seats is a nice touch. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating the food in the sunshine at the dining table. The bar stool counter area is great! The different colours of the stools is a nice colourful touch! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools chatting and having a drink from the bar. The Christnas tree is a great festive touch on the bar counter. Sims will enjoy having fruit from the fruit bowl.The sofa seats sitting area is very nice. It is nice that the sofas are facing each other, for sims to enjoy resting on the sofas chatting face to face. The patterned floor rug captures well Summertime. The footwear lights look great on the edges of the rooms! The surfing santa and Sandy the sandmeb will be watching what is happening! The surfboards look great on the wall.
    It is a very nice Summertime bbq room! :)
  • xraygrl2004xraygrl2004 Posts: 84 Member
    edited December 2017
    Entry Form:
    QC Room challenge no: 71
    Origin ID: Xraygrl2004
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Gallery Name: Christmas on the Barbie
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5CB95A64E0C011E78986F93919BFDC9A
    Notes about entry: The wreath is hanging over a wall speaker. This was intentional.
    Images (2 - 6 images):
    2pqvsja.jpg
    125mfya.jpg
    Rke3QSo.jpg
    The furnishing and layout of Christmas on the Barbie is very nice! @xraygrl2004 :) Very niice red and black colour scheme of the room. The surfing Santas and Sandy the sandmeh look cute in the corners of the room! Sims will enjoy ccoking on the bbq and eating meals at the glass topped dining table in the sunshine,The type of dining seats used looks very nice, and it looks great that the table is angled.The vases of flowers and plants , and the flower boxes on the ?edges of the room look very pretty! Very nice red sofa seats sitting area for sims enjoy relaxing on the seats having a chat in the outdoors air. The Christmas tree and wreath, and the footwear string lights are special festive touches in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bsr,
    It is a very mice bbq outdoor Summer room! :)
    thank you @rosemow :)

very nice room, love the flowers all around :smiley:
    Lol I already knew that thongs are also a name for flip flops :D:D:D I know a bit about Aussie culture lolz

Great rooms so far guys! I haven't started on mine yet tbh. Usually I'd be one of the first to have my entry in, but I just got Cats & Dogs so I've been preoccupied
    edited December 2017
    LOVING These Summer Day's Rooms!!! So Much Creativity!!!!! :o:*<3<3 Starting Mine Soon!
    @okester Well, then you were far ahead of me when I moved there. haha! I was so confused. After 8 years with my Australian boyfriend he STILL surprises me with sayings and words I have NEVER heard of. And I am pretty decent in English and have quite the vocabulary. lolol

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

edited December 2017
    QC Room challenge no: 71
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Advanced
    Gallery Name: Have a crackin' Christmas
    Gallery Link: Here
    Notes about entry:

Although I went with a Christmas theme for this patio build (largely due to the new items we recently got), I tried to make it look as if it is seasonal. Meaning, you can tidy away the Christmas decorations and still have a lovely looking patio! I also went with a mainly red and white color scheme with a few blue accents, a reference not only to Christmas, but to the Australian flag.

For the judges:
    -Wreaths on the fence looks to be clipping into the top a little. I wasn't able to lower them and fix this issue.
    -To make the blinds/curtain fit they do overlap and also clip into the pillars a bit. I wanted them to look like one.

Images (2 - 6 images):
    At least 1 showing as much of a room as possible.

8TWdAVR.png
    dAcLRMU.png
    7kqGcjU.png
    olkZ7en.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list