Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad: Core Script need updating...Just say no to LE's! :)

Hi! Thought I'd let you know so you can pass along wherever it needs to go, there is a place in the core scripts that has an incorrect import module path specified. In filters.tunable.py, in the PregnancyFilterTerm.conform_sim_info_to_filter_term method, there is a line that loads the PregnancyTracker and is using the old path for it:
from interactions.utils.pregnancy import PregnancyTracker

It should be using the current path for PregnancyTracker, which is:
from sims.pregnancy.pregnancy_tracker import PregnancyTracker

This will generate a lot of LastException.txt errors when the active Doctor career is in use and the active Sim is waiting for a pregnant Sim to show-up for them to deliver the baby and get past that step in their career tasks.

Thanks!

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @Deaderpool

Thanks for reporting, will take a look.

-SGMS
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    @Deaderpool : Just wanted to say again you're a freaking hero for figuring this out, because I know from my readings this was a major sore point! ^_^
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    This is wonderful news :)<3 .
  • maya_acemaya_ace Posts: 65 Member
    So... what does this mean? Is there a solution at all yet? I was reading through a lot of posts about this and noticing how it's been over 2 years and no news on fixes o.O (Other than this one thread?)
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    maya_ace wrote: »
    So... what does this mean? Is there a solution at all yet? I was reading through a lot of posts about this and noticing how it's been over 2 years and no news on fixes o.O (Other than this one thread?)

Deaderpool found the error the day he posted about it here. Which he did to help them get an official fix into the game.

Meanwhile, he has included the fix in MC Command Center 3.5.3.

If you are interested in pursuing the doctor career, and don't mind using a mod, MCCC will now allow you to do that.

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/

Support Chat: https://discordapp.com/invite/AUJ8RAa
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    Update:

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, the latest TS4 update UPDATE: 7/18/2017 – PC Version 1.32.1.1020 / Mac Version 1.32.1.1220 has a fix.
    Get to Work:
    Sims who reach level 8 in the Doctor career should now find that pregnant Sims are actually coming to the hospital to complete the Deliver a Baby promotion task.

As of MC CC version 3.5.0, I think it was, DP has included a fix in MC CC. This fix is still part of the latest MC CC version and is not in conflict with the patch fix. As Itsug said: It was fixed the very same way, with the exact same code, so no, no conflict on that side, it just makes DPs fix for hospitals obsolete.

Latest MC CC/WooHoo version is version 3.6.0: download
    Deaderpool wrote:
    I have seen no problems with the PC Version 1.32.1.1020 / Mac Version 1.32.1.1220 patch by EA and heard of none either. It is bug-fix patch and those tend to not cause compatibility issues with mods. No hotfix will be needed due to this patch. Thanks! (Source quote)

Any question/support needed?
  • DeaderpoolDeaderpool Posts: 187 Member
    @SimGuruModSquad,
    It's broke again in 1.36.102. Different code error but in the same method. Now, we have this code (in the line below what was broken previously):
    created_sim_info.set_stat_value(PregnancyTracker.PREGNANCY_COMMODITY_MAP.get(sim_info.species), pregnancy_value)

That line is invalid because the "sim_info" it is using to get the species doesn't exist. It should probably be:
    created_sim_info.set_stat_value(PregnancyTracker.PREGNANCY_COMMODITY_MAP.get(created_sim_info.species), pregnancy_value)
  • SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Deaderpool wrote: »
    @SimGuruModSquad,
    It's broke again in 1.36.102. Different code error but in the same method. Now, we have this code (in the line below what was broken previously):
    created_sim_info.set_stat_value(PregnancyTracker.PREGNANCY_COMMODITY_MAP.get(sim_info.species), pregnancy_value)

That line is invalid because the "sim_info" it is using to get the species doesn't exist. It should probably be:
    created_sim_info.set_stat_value(PregnancyTracker.PREGNANCY_COMMODITY_MAP.get(created_sim_info.species), pregnancy_value)

Thanks!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I hope Deaderpool is getting preview passes for these patches! Would be dead(erpool) useful to developers and players alike! :)
  • SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    Just as a head's up, this has been addressed in today's patch.