Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does a "pet never gets sick" mod exist anywhere?

JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
edited December 2017 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I am sooo tired of taking my pet to the vet every 48 hours for one thing or another. I thought at first I just had a sickly pet, so I switched houses and started playing with a new pet and new family. Within the first 2 sim days, my cat was sick. My dog was sick. It's always something :( I've actually stopped playing with pets because I just can't enjoy them like this :(

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    there's no mod for that yet. if you aren't exaggerating I would try repairing the game. I haven't had a pet get sick even once since C&D came out =/
  • Options
    LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    Do you have a Bush on your Lot where your Dog always plays in? They often get bitten in there and therefore get sick. I removed the Bush because of that and so far no sick dogs anymore. I created a no Sick&Dirty Strays Mod but that only affects NPC Pets.
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    there's no mod for that yet. if you aren't exaggerating I would try repairing the game. I haven't had a pet get sick even once since C&D came out =/

This has been happening to my sims, not the pets. Most annoying thing ever.
  • Options
    milktreatmilktreat Posts: 11 New Member
    I need a mod for this, my pets keep getting sick and it's bleeding my wallet dry. :(
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    The closest thing so far I'd say would be LittleMissSam's mod, But unfortunately that's only for npc pets. It sounds like you have either that awful puke bug or it's the preventative shot glitch (if your pet has ever gotten that shot, sometimes it causes more sickness than it prevents).

I've had many pets get sick in my game but 90% of them are the npc pets though (blue dirty dogs has been a norm since I got the pack :lol: ). So this mod helps a bit with that. If I see one that helps the active family's pets, I"ll post it here.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your helpful replies :)
  • Options
    haydub07haydub07 Posts: 84 Member
    Has anyone discovered a mod for this yet??
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    I would love a mod for this too! :D Please, I hope someone will make one soon. <3
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited November 2018
    @plau although there is no mod to stop pets getting sick (as far as I know), I can tell you that ghost cats and dogs never get sick. That’s why I much prefer them to living pets in the sims!
  • Options
    JloreleiJlorelei Posts: 1 New Member
    My dogs and cats get sick at LEAST every couple days and it's driving me CRAZY. I wish there was a mod to fix that :(
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Jlorelei wrote: »
    My dogs and cats get sick at LEAST every couple days and it's driving me CRAZY. I wish there was a mod to fix that :(

Try this Mod by LittleMsSam: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411104103/no-sick-dirty-sad-and-hungry-cats-dogs-npcs
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I'm having this issue too. I'm really tired of always taking my pets to the vet. They get sick every single day. If Anyone knows a mod that makes them be sick less often I would appreciate.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    NADYSOPHIE wrote: »
    I'm having this issue too. I'm really tired of always taking my pets to the vet. They get sick every single day. If Anyone knows a mod that makes them be sick less often I would appreciate.

Try this Mod by LittleMsSam: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411104103/no-sick-dirty-sad-and-hungry-cats-dogs-npcs I think from the description that it affects played pets too. I'm not really sure though. Personally, I just stock up on the vet treat that cures them.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Try this Mod by LittleMsSam: https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411104103/no-sick-dirty-sad-and-hungry-cats-dogs-npcs I think from the description that it affects played pets too. I'm not really sure though. Personally, I just stock up on the vet treat that cures them.

I stock up on the vet treat, too. As an added bonus, it's a quick and easy way to cure random animals roaming at the worlds too.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

I stock up on the vet treat, too. As an added bonus, it's a quick and easy way to cure random animals roaming at the worlds too.

I do that too!
  • Options
    KimicryoKimicryo Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm still waiting for a fix for this as well. I wish there were an option that lets us turn it off in the game. For me, it's not a matter of how long it takes for a pet to get sick, if I play another family and come back to one with pets they will all be ill. I (no exaggeration) have fluffy cats who have fewer hairballs than vet visits. It's not just an "added challenge" or something that can happen by chance, it's a given and it kills the fun of playing with pets.
  • Options
    Kimicryo wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for a fix for this as well. I wish there were an option that lets us turn it off in the game. For me, it's not a matter of how long it takes for a pet to get sick, if I play another family and come back to one with pets they will all be ill. I (no exaggeration) have fluffy cats who have fewer hairballs than vet visits. It's not just an "added challenge" or something that can happen by chance, it's a given and it kills the fun of playing with pets.

There is this one:
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175411104103/no-sick-dirty-sad-and-hungry-cats-dogs-npcs

and you may want to look at Bienchen's Mods:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/hunde-katzen-cats-dogs/