Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    LOL, happened at the romance festival!
    23760263_1443813889064539_1633235267_o.png?oh=bad641fac31a6a4f738e441f615d9258&oe=5A24155B

So Lex Luthor is secretly a stripper? :D

Hahaha!
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    We should be able to pick the type of outfits we want for each venue. This isn't funny, it isn't cute, and needs to stop.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes - PLEASE stop with the weird outfits. I just started a game and in the short time I played (vanilla) - 3 of the premades are walking around in that devil looking mask and outfit from Star Wars - even weirder - they were wearing other strange outfits when my sim met them at a festival so it is like they have a whole assortment of creepy outfits. You can't even recgonize the premades walking around any more!
  • MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    edited December 2017
    I am so sick of this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.... they release sims 4 and take away all our customization options in CAS that we once had in sims 3, though i am happy for the one smart idea to give more slider control. we lose the ability to make our game our own thru use of custom worlds. we get stuck with a limited number of worlds and not enough lots. we get city living and all the sports team mascot lookalikes and stupid outfits, not to mention no matter how much they add to the game its just boring. sadly not even mods have made it better in my opinion. mods help some, but not enough by far, and im sure its not by fault of any of the creators. im sure its just limitations in the game itself. but now this really hits a new low.

I would much rather see an update to sims 3 to add 64 bit support than to see anymore of these total crap ideas for a game that i'm fairly convinced has no hope of ever getting better.

i never met a sims game i didnt like til this.
    everytime i spend another dollar on this game i always end up feeling like what a waste. yet stupid me i'll continue to do so when i can afford to in hopes that someday a sims 5 willl come and rescue me from this hell.

What can i say nice about the game... it runs well and has nice looking sims (Correction, not any more) oh and good job with vampires and parenthood. aside from that... disappointed.

#NoMoreClowns #LeaveMySimsAlone
  • KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    edited December 2017
    Hopefully the mod fix works, cos no matter how much I reset this sim, she ALWAYS comes back wearing this stupid outfit. Even outside the club.

wtnjpL6.png

and THIS.

0uLbzm3.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Thank you for this thread. I was wondering what was going on.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I've stopped going to clubs altogether.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Patch is out!

“Sims that show-up for Dance related events (such as Dance Party, Party at the Bluffs, or similar) will now show-up wearing the outfit they have in their Party category, rather than some other randomly assigned attire.”

Sounds good so far. I just hope this includes nightclubs.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited December 2017
    Another thing is when my sims have more than 1 outfit in a category for example sleepwear, and I tell them to change into one of them and then tell them to go to bed, they sometimes change into another sleepwear before going to bed instead of the one I chose.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Has anyone confirmed that nightclubs are no longer filling with horrible atrocities of fashion?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Has anyone confirmed that nightclubs are no longer filling with horrible atrocities of fashion?

I've checked. Mines are fine.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yep - it's fixed. My sims are wearing one of the 5 outfits from their party clothes I picked out in my game. Granted I didn't get to play very long - but they went to several different clubs or parties over a sims week, and my sim changed into one of the outfits in my party collection.

I had to laugh - 2 of my sims outfits were costumes - so my sim looked abit out of place as a Witch at the Karaoke club. Reminder to self - change out the witch and pirate attire out of party clothes. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited December 2017
    hi @Writin_Reg, do you mean travelling with your active Sim to a nightclub? mine goes in in one of her everyday outfits, and so do NPCs/self-made Sims.

(edit: some are wearing their party outfits, some are not.)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Yeah, it's definitely fixed. Thank goodness, those randomized outfits are the absolute pits. Yuk.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Glad to hear it's fixed! :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    clubbing normality is back :kissing_closed_eyes:
    & quite fast, thanks devs :kissing_heart:

a9v5z4.jpg

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    okay, good to know! :)
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    edited December 2017
    this is BY DESIGN??? no! just no! it shouldn't be! what's the point of having a "party" outfit assigned in CAS if they don't wear it? I delete all townies and only keep my premade sims, so when I saw some bald guy with a beard and trench coat, I was like, "who is that?" it was pyramid head. then one of my girls is in a barista outfit, one of my boys has a harpy head (and I play NSFW, so his hoo-ha is also hanging out), and my mannequin sim that was white is now black instead. one of my girls is also wearing a skirt that puts its texture on her alpha hair. T_T I don't like this at all, and I can't imagine anyone who does. I REALLY hope they take this feedback seriously, because i, as many of us, love designing each outfit because i want to see my sims walking around in outfits that fit their personality! and pyramid head should look like pyramid head!! sorry, this is just infuriating!

edit: wait, i just read comments saying it's fixed?? no it's not, my game is completely up to date, it's definitely not fixed.

0EOoOff.png
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It's fixed if you assigned them their 5 outfits. That's what we were complaining about was them wearing random stuff and not what we assigned them to wear for each choice. If they are not assigned clothes in each category (I pick 5 outfits in each category) then the AI will pick random stuff from that category which can be anything in CAS to wear. The game hasn't much sense of style you know. But it is very much fixed and choosing from the outfits I picked- exactly as I picked them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It's fixed if you assigned them their 5 outfits. That's what we were complaining about was them wearing random stuff and not what we assigned them to wear for each choice. If they are not assigned clothes in each category (I pick 5 outfits in each category) then the AI will pick random stuff from that category which can be anything in CAS to wear. The game hasn't much sense of style you know. But it is very much fixed and choosing from the outfits I picked- exactly as I picked them.

if you read my post, i clearly said that all of my sims are created by me, which means i assigned all of their outfits. not quite sure how you missed that.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Reitanna
    Reitanna wrote: »
    this is BY DESIGN??? no! just no! it shouldn't be! what's the point of having a "party" outfit assigned in CAS if they don't wear it? I delete all townies and only keep my premade sims, so when I saw some bald guy with a beard and trench coat, I was like, "who is that?" it was pyramid head. then one of my girls is in a barista outfit, one of my boys has a harpy head (and I play NSFW, so his hoo-ha is also hanging out), and my mannequin sim that was white is now black instead. one of my girls is also wearing a skirt that puts its texture on her alpha hair. T_T I don't like this at all, and I can't imagine anyone who does. I REALLY hope they take this feedback seriously, because i, as many of us, love designing each outfit because i want to see my sims walking around in outfits that fit their personality! and pyramid head should look like pyramid head!! sorry, this is just infuriating!

edit: wait, i just read comments saying it's fixed?? no it's not, my game is completely up to date, it's definitely not fixed.

0EOoOff.png

which occasion is your screenshot from ?
    cause it doesn't look like a nightclub
    all complaints here were about sims not wearing the assigned party outfits in a nightclub

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    @Reitanna

0EOoOff.png

which occasion is your screenshot from ?
    cause it doesn't look like a nightclub
    all complaints here were about sims not wearing the assigned party outfits in a nightclub

this is a nightclub. it's outside of it. lol I'm not sure what counts as "looking like a nightclub," because nightclubs can look like anything the person who built it wants to look like. >_<

K7ZEXAi.png
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited December 2017
    I haven't tested the clubs & parties yet, but festival wear is still a hot mess. Here's one of my own sims. That is NOT an outfit I assigned her. (The sim from the household I was playing at the time can be partially seen on the left, wearing normal clothes)

ev5ij7.jpg

Ditto with this couple. They may not look as horrible as they have in the past, but it's still not clothing I assigned to them.

m9yddg.jpg

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member

0EOoOff.png

Well that's odd, because this issue really should have been fixed for nightclubs. I can't say with absolute certainty because I still have @kwanzaabot 's mod in (too lazy to delete and it's not causing any issues), but it seems to have been fixed for most people. Are you absolutely sure that your game is up to date? It was fixed in the latest patch released last week. If you're not against mods you can always try to use the mod shared somewhere in this thread, think it's around page 7 or 8. That one worked like a charm for me.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    Firande wrote: »

0EOoOff.png

Well that's odd, because this issue really should have been fixed for nightclubs. I can't say with absolute certainty because I still have @kwanzaabot 's mod in (too lazy to delete and it's not causing any issues), but it seems to have been fixed for most people. Are you absolutely sure that your game is up to date? It was fixed in the latest patch released last week. If you're not against mods you can always try to use the mod shared somewhere in this thread, think it's around page 7 or 8. That one worked like a charm for me.

yes, I clicked "update," and literally a second later, it says, "your game is up to date!" so instead, I REPAIRED it. boom. everyone is in their everyday outfits, but it's better than the randomness I got before... except for one of my sims that was labeled the janitor... her outfit was just... no.

K7ZEXAi.png