Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lagging issue on high sierra with high resolution setting

iMac(Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
Processor 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7 High Sierra
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Also I got 512 GBs of SSD

Hello, I got a new iMac 2 days ago and installed the sims 3. I installed only base game and ran without Mods and CCs. It takes a couple of secs to open the game option on main menu. Also it takes over 5 mins to load Sunset Valley as a new game. I activated Christopher Steel as my active household. It keeps intermittent lagging. The lagging gets decreased with lower resolution settings. Any solution for this? Should I create a bootcamp? Any help will be appreciated.

Finally, I created Bootcamp and installed Window 10 yesterday. Looks like the sims 3 runs much better on windows but I still have a bit lagging. It runs better on lower resolution settings but the problem is that the screen gets smaller with lower setting. I prefer to play the sims 3 on windowed mode because it's easier to capture screenshots with UI together. All captured screenshots get dark on fullscreen mode. Should I go for full screen mode with low resolution setting to get rid of lagging? Is there any good FREE screen capture program? I don't want to get the dark screenshots on full screen mode. If I go for lower settings, then will 16:10 ratio be ok?

I had an Alien PC laptop but I gave it to my son for his birthday and Christmas present.

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    You can take Mac screenshots by pressing CMD, Shift and 3. To select a portion of the screen to screenshot it's CMD, Shift and 4 then drag the cursor.

Sims 3 always performs better in Windows because it is natively written for that OS. The Mac version is 'wrapped' - it is the Windows version wrapped in an emulator of sorts for macOS. That's why the performance is appalling.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2017
    You can take Mac screenshots by pressing CMD, Shift and 3. To select a portion of the screen to screenshot it's CMD, Shift and 4 then drag the cursor.

Sims 3 always performs better in Windows because it is natively written for that OS. The Mac version is 'wrapped' - it is the Windows version wrapped in an emulator of sorts for macOS. That's why the performance is appalling.

Wow, I wouldnt think that mac screenshot shortcut key would work on windows in bootcamp! Thanks very much

I tried the mac shortcut keys but it shows my deskoop and minimize my sims 3.