Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @Paigeotto - very cool. Love what you did with the cat stickers behind the cat condo toy! And such a crisp professional building!

@Emere - cool warehouse idea! I love the cluttered front and your paw rugs are awesome!

@Corwin - you delivered! Beautiful clinic..Stunning front and such a comfy lived in feel to the interior! Very pretty couple too..but I really love the dawg!

@Cbear - very cool borders and I hope your computer is working better! My issues seem to have cleared up as if by magic! I hope! Fingers crossed for us both.
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    The new challenge sounds super fun, looking forward to seeing everyone's entries for it! :smile: I'm waiting a bit for inspiration to strike whether to enter or not, fingers crossed something will come lolz. :smile:

Hehe, that is awesome @Laebeth ! :smile: Can I visit them for a lil' inspiration (and ok, also just to revisit Denmark, because I do have a mayor soft spot for that country <3:wink: ).

So sorry to hear that @HEW310 , but I'm looking forward to your entry for the Christmas Trees cottage! :smile:

Aaaw, thank you so much @kimartist and @Ainsleyf ! :smile: Hehe, I'm a total cat person, so struggled a bit with making Boomer, so I'm really happy to hear you like him so much. Lolz, if only we could adopt the cats and dogs in real life, they really are sooooo adorable in Sims 4! :smile: Thank you so much for your lovely comments about my clinic as well! <3

Oooh, I'm loving the banners you did for challenge 55 @Cbear13 ! <3 The cats and dogs looks so cute on the banners, and wow everyone's clinic and sims are sooo good! B)
  • PaigeottoPaigeotto Posts: 127 Member
    QC challenge no: 56
    Origin ID: Paigeotto
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): The Summer Home- Windenburg
    Gallery Name: Holiday Hiatus
    Gallery Link:Holiday Hiatus
    Notes about entry: I absolutely loved this challenge! I thought it was so fun (spent my entire weekend completing this!). Mrs. Kringle even has her own baking room <3 . I *almost* topped the budget. I tried some new techniques (working on mastering the sims 3 camera & rotations) and I think this build really came together. I hope everyone enjoys my build!
    Images (3-6 max):
    G4bLGBT.png
    eHS2t5P.png
    Old habits die hard.
    7IQtQex.png
    dFGU6gM.png
    aYVqzNI.png
    kfj30TT.png
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Ainsleyf seems to be ok for the moment I managed to swap my game to use the NVIDIA graphics havent crashed since I did it yay

@Corwim thanks the banners were super fun to make for this challenge Ive missed having pets in the game

@Paigeotto wow its gorgeous and I love the pics of the Kringle's <3
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    edited December 2017
    The exterior design of Holiday Hiatus is very nice! @Paigeotto :) Very nice roofing and the brick texture of the exterior gives it a very nice look. The roof covered front porch is very nice. Sims will enjoy crafting on the workbench, and flower ladder and flower wheelbarrow looks very pretty there. The lit white tree is pretty in the front area of the build! The hedging fencing looks very nice how it has it has been placed on the edges of the lot. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the cottage! The baking room looks very homely! The pink wall pattern and pink curtains look very nice. The cookbooks look great placed on the top of the fridge, and the flower mirror is a nice touch on the wall. The type of stove used suits the home well. The design of the kitchen is very nice! The cookbooks and plants are great touches on the round island workbench counter. The wall utensils and knives and the dish rack are great home kitchen touches. The fireplace sitting area looks very festively nice and warming! The Christmas tree windows alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting in front of the fire opening the prettily wrapped up presents that are there! The festive fireplace, wall garland, wreath, and the candles and nutcracker on the fireplace ledge look very festively nice!
    It is a very nice cottage for the Kringles! The Kringle sims are very nice! :)
  • kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    @Paigeotto It is very very cute and completely makes me smile especially the Kringle's!
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

• NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Hey guys, finally have some time free from uni work haha, this new challenge looks cool and I definitely wanted to something holiday based :) I wanted to ask though if it would be alright to modify a build I'm working on to fit with the guidelines or if it has to be a brand new build?

Thanks!
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Nore wrote: »
    Hey guys, finally have some time free from uni work haha, this new challenge looks cool and I definitely wanted to something holiday based :) I wanted to ask though if it would be alright to modify a build I'm working on to fit with the guidelines or if it has to be a brand new build?

Thanks!

Welcome back! The same thing was asked in the precious challenge. @Cbear13 then said its ok as long as it fits the requirements. So im sure you'll be fine!

Hope the build goes well :)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Thank you so much @kimartist & @rosemow for the kind words and insight! Can’t wait to see everyone else’s builds!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    @paigeotto - Cool!!! Love that kitchen and that pic of Mrs. Kringle with the cupcakes is awesome!!
    Thank you so much @Ainsleyf ! And I thought it was pretty rad, she looks a little creepy though, lol.
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Oooh, glad to hear you fixed your computer problems @Cbear13 ! B)

That's beautiful @Paigeotto ! The interiors are sooo super cozy, and just love your pictures of the Kringles. <3 Hehe, nothing creepy about Mrs. Kringle and the cupcakes, it looks inviting to me. :smile:
  • Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    Origin ID: Liz_GoBucks
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Tail's End, Brindleton Bay
    Gallery Name: Country Farm Cottage
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/88EE8C12D8A311E78B94C4041DF8DF4A

Notes about entry: I had a great time with this build. I didn't use the Christmas/Holiday items, just because I wanted it to be something the Kringle's could use all year round. I added a guest bedroom. This wasn't my choice-- Kristoff insisted! I tried using all sorts of different items to add antlers to the "reindeer's", but they all looked terrible, so I just left them as horses-- so please use your imagination :D OH- and I <3 how the reindeer it looking through the dining room window-- this was a happy accident I didn't even notice until I was doing my screenshots. I love it when things like that happen. Lastly, I just wanted to share with all of you: my daughter saw this home in our Library and loved it. She couldn't believe I'd done the landscaping, lol. I admit, while not even comparable to most of you, I can see the improvement. Overall, I'm very happy with how it came out.

Images - Album: https://imgur.com/a/0tUqf
    Dx19m7t.png
    RlhzajJ.png
    nPTxWiY.png
    vosLk7N.png
    7S6dxva.png
    ChpWn0N.png
  • Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    Origin ID: Liz_GoBucks
    Sims Gallery Name: The Kringle's
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7AAFEB6CD8B011E78F92C4041DF8DF4A
    Image - (This picture cracked me up)
    F66qt41.png
    The exterior design of Country Farm Cottage is very nice! @Liz_GoBucks :) Very nice roof covered front porch and the flower boxes are a nice touch on the wall either side of the windows. The windows alcove and upper balcony looks great! It looks very nice how you have done the flower and floor lights edged pathways! The flowers on the edges of the home and the white blossom trees looks very pretty! The design of the reindeer stables looks great! The red colour of the walls is nice. Very nice fireplace living room area. The Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing in front of the fire watching tv. The yellow flowers are nice sunny touches in the room. Very nice open plan kitchen and dining area! Nice bar stool counter area for the sims to sit on the stools and have a drink from the bar. The green patterned dining chairs look nice,and the flowers on the table are pretty for the sims to see when dining . The teapots wall shelves and the lighthouse are homely touches in the room. Very nice kitchen area. It is great that there is an island work bench. The overhead hanging pots , wall knives , cake display item and bread box are nice kitchen touches. It looks very nice how the cabinets have been placed on the walls to create a nook.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Your simversions of the Kringles look great! :)
    Thanks a ton @Corwim ! I can't wait to see your build!!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Nice borders @Cbear13 <3 It is good that you finally fixed your laptop, I hope you already have that Nvidia panel so you can check the video card status B)

Thanks @Corwim @kimartist @Ainsleyf for your comments <3 Oh, @Corwim I want to live in that tower, Tudor style is always so beautiful o:)

Looking at the pictures I feel I did not saw all the clinics :'( Sorry @Oliana @Laebeth @JosieAnglin sometimes I enter here in a hurry and it is hard to follow the thread. It was easy for me to look at the entries at the gallery, on game, but now without the hashtags it is impossible.

The new challenge is so sweet, I hope this year will give me free time to do the xmas challenge :/
    Hello @emere :) I hope that you will be able to do the challenge . I will look forward to seeing your home if you have the time to do it :)
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    @Liz_GoBucks - I love your simversion of the Kringles ! They look so laid back and cool. <3 PLUS your cottage is phenomenal, the reindeer stable was a nice touch
    @Liz_GoBucks I love your cottage it is adorable and your sims are so real! I absolutely love the horses you added! I think I did like.. llama topiaries, lol. You had a much better idea!
    1f4bGKv.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @Paigeotto - your build is wonderful, great use of the spandrels on the exterior.

@Liz_GoBucks - such a cute little cottage, the stables are just :open_mouth: And your Kringles, so cute!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Origin ID: kimartist
    Sims Gallery Name: kringle
    Gallery Link: Gallery Link

Kristoff & Jessica have decided it is time to retire from being a toy maker and moved to a warmer climate, but not to where they wouldn't feel at home. They still wanted to have the 4 different seasons. Kristoff decided to raise and sell Christmas Trees & Jessica wants to have a small garden & raise reindeer in their own barn That would only be possible where they did still have some snow. The reindeer don't do well where it isn't cold part of the year.

Being married for over 1000 years and only have red and green as their main colors, they don't know if they would feel comfortable in anything else, so they stuck with what is normal for them while enjoying their retirement together.

Kringle1.png
    Kringle2.png
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

ENTRY FORM:

Origin ID: kimartist
    Are you a novice builder: Yes
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Willow Creek/Garden Essence
    Gallery Name: Christmas Country Home
    Gallery Link: Gallery

Kristoff & Jessica have decided it is time to retire from being a toy maker and moved to a warmer climate, but not to where they wouldn't feel at home. They wanted less snow and somewhere they could have all the seasons. Kristoff decided to grow and sell Christmas Trees & Jessica can still have her garden & raise reindeer in their own barn. Adorable house decorated for the holidays but much simpler than the north pole and easily changed for each season if we ever get a seasons pack.

Notes about entry:
    I didn't have Jessica plant in the garden boxes because it is snowing outside. She did plant on the porch planters.
    I used noemes in my house as I'm Swedish and they look a lot like Swedish Christmas Tomtar. I've got over 50 in my home as decorations for the holiday and they just brought a bring smile to my face. I didn't do much landscaping, as I ran out of money to qualify… LOL
    Tree's outside are placed to overlap to give it more of a real feel to the outside with the exception of the tree selling stand. Paint By Reference Paintings are by #NAT052970, #TIYA33, and #NAJOPAU

12_09_17_11_20_31_AM.png
    12_09_17_11_20_56_AM.png
    12_09_17_11_22_26_AM.png
    12_09_17_11_23_28_AM.png
    12_09_17_11_23_40_AM.png
    12_09_17_11_24_18_AM.png
    12_09_17_11_39_07_AM.png

Upstairs Images: Album
    revisedsig2.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top