Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 3 game is lagging

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
edited December 2017 in Mac - Technical Discussions
iMac(Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
Processor 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Also I got 512 GBs of SSD

Hello, Here is my Mac spec. I got this today and installed the sims 3. I installed only base game and ran without Mods and CCs. It takes a couple of secs to open the game option on main menu. Also it takes over 5 mins to load Sunset Valley as a new game. I activated Christopher Steel as my active household. It keeps intermittent lagging. The lagging gets decreased with lower resolution settings. Any solution for this? Should I create a bootcamp? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Please post this in the Sims 3 Mac section. This is the Sims 4 section. Thank you. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    Should anyone find a good trick, I am listening too. Since my iMac has exactly the same problem.
    iMac 5K 2015
    Intel Core i5 3,2 GHz (Quad Core)
    16 GB Ram
    2 GB AMD Radeon R9 M390
    512 GB SSD
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Please post this in the Sims 3 Mac section. This is the Sims 4 section. Thank you. :)
    sorry I thought there was only one mac discussion here.

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    iMac(Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
    Processor 3.6 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Startup Disk Macintosh HD
    Graphics Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Also I got 512 GBs of SSD

Hello, Here is my Mac spec. I got this today and installed the sims 3. I installed only base game and ran without Mods and CCs. It takes a couple of secs to open the game option on main menu. Also it takes over 5 mins to load Sunset Valley as a new game. I activated Christopher Steel as my active household. It keeps intermittent lagging. The lagging gets decreased with lower resolution settings. Any solution for this? Should I create a bootcamp? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Lunder89 wrote: »
    Should anyone find a good trick, I am listening too. Since my iMac has exactly the same problem.
    iMac 5K 2015
    Intel Core i5 3,2 GHz (Quad Core)
    16 GB Ram
    2 GB AMD Radeon R9 M390
    512 GB SSD

ask @igazor about bootcamp . Yes the game would run better for you on windows.

The higher the resolution the better the video card you need for gaming. This game was not designed to run in 4k/5k. The game is supposed to run in 1080p. lowering the resolution would take tress off your video card.