Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I doing this right?

I'm starting to check out modding, and specifically I want to try to make a mod that changes what happens to a vampires hunger motive, and possible more motives, during the transformation from sim to vampire. As far as I understand it, I need to edit the buff tuning and sim data attached to the various buff_VampireCreation functions. Am I on the right track at all?
Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---

Comments

• Sims4Princess01Sims4Princess01 Posts: 3 New Member
    I accidently download some sims 2 cc because I thought it was sims 4 cc! I managed to delete it but it wont let me play. Please help!!!!
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    @Aine If you just want to edit Buffs then yes you have to tune the Buff Tuning File and if you change certain Values the SimData File too

@Sims4Princess01 Sounds like you still have some CC in your Mods Folder or some leftover Codes in your Cache Files maybe.
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @LittleMsSam thanks for responding. I've had a discussion with PolarBearSims on MTS about how a mod like this works, and she has showed me some basic things about modding. It's very daunting to say the least. I was fortunate enough that she wanted to do the mod herself, as she's already made vampire mods and could easily incorporate my ideas into her mod. One of these days I'm gonna get into modding more, but for now I'm reviewing other people's mods and trying to understand what they did.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---