Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Holiday Cabin | A Build & Create-A-Sim Contest | [CLOSED]

Comments

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited November 2017
    I have created the lot - my cabin so far - and moved in my sim but still need to do a lot of work. :)
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @aricarai :open_mouth: I almost didn't recognize you! :)
    Yah, I've been drooling over all the pics I've been googling lately!

*waves* @soocoolsim

Change scares me @creativemetaphor so this is only for the holiday season! I'm enjoying it while it lasts :mrgreen:
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @aricarai me too! Half the time I only recognize people by their avatars, so change really messes me up :lol:

@cwaddell Ooh! I didn't think about doing 'in progress' pictures, that's a great idea!
    edited November 2017
    Not visual inspiration, but here's an awesome album which has been keeping me company through this build, thought I'd share!
    Lord Huron - Strange Trails

While the whole album is absolutely amazing, this song in particular just hits me in the feels <3
    Louisa

Here's another inspirational pic
    RusticCabins0044_O.jpg

The new computer has arrived! And now to begin the decade-long slog through re-downloading origin and all the EP/SPs that I have (thankfully I can just transfer the store content!)

Oh, for a faster internet connection!!

But now I should finally be able to play sims without regular (and I mean multiple times per attempt) crashes, and even be able to dress my sims properly again! w00t!
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    *waves* Hi @aricarai !! I JUST noticed this! Mind if I join in the fun? o:)
    The new computer has arrived! And now to begin the decade-long slog through re-downloading origin and all the EP/SPs that I have (thankfully I can just transfer the store content!)

Oh, for a faster internet connection!!

But now I should finally be able to play sims without regular (and I mean multiple times per attempt) crashes, and even be able to dress my sims properly again! w00t!

WHOOP WHOOP @creativemetaphor! That's so exciting! Getting a new computer is like the best feeling ever! <3
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    *waves* Hi @aricarai !! I JUST noticed this! Mind if I join in the fun? o:)

@Kesminlix - I would love it! Join away! :mrgreen:
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    I would love it! Join away! :mrgreen:

Yay!! :grin: I'm excited! I absolutely love cabins! :heart:
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @cwaddell, such a beautiful setting and love the exterior colors you used!

@ciane, amazing how much you fit into yours and and such a sad and wonderful story!

I may have to do my sim first as while I struggle to get the cabin under budget I think he has met his certain someone already! :p

• SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @ciane, great cabin and story! Haha, I used that same hanging chair in mine, lol.

@cwaddell , yours looks great so far, can't wait to see it all done.

Got mine done (and finally under budget!!), but am still tweaking my sim. :)
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »
    @cwaddell, such a beautiful setting and love the exterior colors you used!

@ciane, amazing how much you fit into yours and and such a sad and wonderful story!

I may have to do my sim first as while I struggle to get the cabin under budget I think he has met his certain someone already! :p

@romagi, Rox, I can definitely relate to struggling getting the cabin under budget. I had to resort to knocking out a few wall pieces as I didn't want to get rid of any of my decor, lol.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

My Official Entry Form:

Name/Link to Your Page: Hidehi https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Hidehi

Lot name: The Nook and Granny

Link to Your Lot: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9163991

Final Price: 29481 Simoleons or thereabouts (definitely just under 30000)

Description: Memories of great vacation times with Grandma at the 'Nook and Granny' will come flooding back as soon as you enter. This 2 bed 1 bath wood and stone cabin will suit a nature loving Sim and comes with an outdoor fire pit and horseshoe court. There are plenty of comfy seats for a bookworm to enjoy reading and also the opportunity to curl up in front of a roaring fire. Built in the awesome world of 'Great Bear' by Johnnywr for aricarai's Holiday Cabin Contest. Design by Hidehi

Pictures (4 maximum in this thread):

NX8aloE.jpg?1

VBT4bmW.jpg?1

Slideshow/Separate Thread Link:
    https://imgur.com/a/SgcLX

List of WANTS that you included in the home:
    - Space to entertain a small group of friends
    - open plan living/kitchen area
    - Hardwood floors thoughout
    - small plants included as part of the decor
    - Reading nook
    - At least 2 items to fit the client's personality: bookcases + comfortable reading chairs, benches to sit outside, outdoor fire pit, indoor fire place and a large recycle bin to help the environment :)

P.S.: Thank you @aricarai for giving us the opportunity to take part in this fun contest! <3

edited December 2017
    @Hidehi: Looks fab! Love the name! I've added your entry to the front page! I'm glad you had fun!

@everyone - I still can't log into mypages without changing my password for the millionth time, so I'm going to wait until the end and go on a big WrecKing and Custard spree :mrgreen:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    @Hidehi oh how beautiful! Especially in the snow!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Awesome, @Hidehi! You got a lot in your build for the price and lots of room to maneuver. I love the layout and all the wood as well as that great shape and nice landscaping!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited December 2017

@aricarai thank you so much for hosting this contest! It has brought back very fond memories of all the great activities that went on during the old Forum times :)

@soocoolsim I'm very happy that you like my cabin. Can't wait to see how awesome your entry will be :)

@creativemetaphor thank you for your lovely comment. I love your inspirational picture and music and am very eager to see what you have created.

@ciane a big thank you to you too! The price for the cabin only ended up so low because of your detailed explanation how depreciation works :) ... it was a lot higher to start with!

@BreeMiles thank you Bree for posting the link to aricarai's contest on My Page .... I would have missed out on a lot of fun otherwise. Big hugs <3

Post edited by Hidehi on
    @Hidehi - you're more than welcome m'dear! I miss those days, too <3
    I think I'm finally done fussing! LOL

Entry coming soon, but here's a few peeks for now

Lina Svensdottir and Muninn
    lina-and-muninn.jpg

Lina's cabin (name still in flux because I suck at making up my mind :lol: )
    mountain-sounds.jpg
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Everyone's cabins are looking great! <3 I can't wait to see more pics!

This is me! :D Not only can't I make up my mind about the name, but I keep changing things around. I'm on my third version of this cabin and I need to quit changing things so I have time to work on the depreciation factor.

I made a sim to test my cabin, and as it turns out, I really like him. I wasn't going to enter a sim but I think I changed my mind. ;)
    Here's a sneak peek, if that's ok:
    Kristopher Echols (randomized name)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    And the third version of my cabin build:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I think I'm finally done fussing! LOL

Entry coming soon, but here's a few peeks for now

Lina Svensdottir and Muninn
    lina-and-muninn.jpg

mountain-sounds.jpg

I luuuurve a good sneaky peek! You may have trouble naming builds, but I LOVE your Sims' name! Speaking of trouble naming builds, I'll give you a run for your money...why do you think all of mine start with 'The'....BORING! Haha!
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    Everyone's cabins are looking great! <3 I can't wait to see more pics!

This is me! :D Not only can't I make up my mind about the name, but I keep changing things around. I'm on my third version of this cabin and I need to quit changing things so I have time to work on the depreciation factor.

I made a sim to test my cabin, and as it turns out, I really like him. I wasn't going to enter a sim but I think I changed my mind. ;)
    Here's a sneak peek, if that's ok:
    Kristopher Echols (randomized name)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    And the third version of my cabin build:
    screenshot_original.jpg

That night shot is AWESOME!