Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WORLD PACKS? BIGGER WORLDS? PLEASE

John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi guys Im here after a really long time, and PLEASE IF ANY of the gurus read this, please please please, make the worlds bigger! I heard from people all the time ( in my country and online ) that ''Sims 4 is a great game, but the worlds are tiny''. It is a shame to have a beautiful game with tiny neighborhoods. I think since there is a 8 lot limit ( they said it was 5 lot limit, but then we got windenburg with 8 lots in one neighborhood)
If the problem is the performance, I think that a lot of players would buy instead of a stuff pack , a world for 10-20$ .
. So after reading comments since 2014 players want for the worlds in the game:

1. CREATE A WORLD/Neighborhood Edit
2. Bigger neighborhoods, more lots and MORE NEIGHBORHOODS!

I read that gurus said neighborhoods are expandable but you guys do nothing. Im very dissapointed with the sims 4 worlds . I wish that someday we will get a world like this 2eewjm9.jpg

Thanks for reading and I hope that we will get bigger worlds in the future . :) LESS BACKROUND DECORATION , MORE PLAYABLE AREAS .

xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Like your lot idea! Great potential for all sorts of things, even beach lots.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    In a game where everything is locked behind loading screens there's no reasons we couldn't have this.
  • KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    In a game where everything is locked behind loading screens there's no reasons we couldn't have this.

Amen. The Sims 2 had bigger neighborhoods which were also locked behind loading screens, so there is absolutely no excuse for them to not have bigger worlds.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Love your lot idea! I also hope we get larger neighborhoods. Maybe there will be one in the next EP? A big, country-esque neighborhood coming alongside a farming-type GP would also be really cool imo.
    6riwm5.png
  • meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    I love this! I would love it if they had beach lots again like in IP. I would constantly play this world like this!! I would love it if that they added a sunset valley type town. I loved that town, appaloosa plains, the supernatural world, and sunset valley were the best.
  • mollytrollyzmollytrollyz Posts: 63 Member
    I must admit I want bigger worlds too and also the 64 x 64 lots
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    The potential one can do with bigger worlds *sigh*
    Especially for those Legacy Stories.

Count me in for wishing this. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Agreed...
    The small size of all of TS4's worlds is a bit aggravating. It always seems like I'm running out of room to build and have to decide which lot is going to be bulldozed/replaced.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Add re-sizeable lotsand I'm in.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    I would love this so much. Customizing neighborhoods was my favorite activity in Sims 2. I'd use so much time deciding the name, the climate, if there would be a beach/fjord/ocean in it +++. I remember we could choose clouds and airplanes and all kinds of nice things in it. Really miss the freedom and creativity that came with that :) And being able to choose where the lots go and how many you want, and how close they should be would be amazing!!
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Most definitely. With loading screens back I don't understand why we are so limited in our options.

I don't like the venue requirements this go round. Or how that is tied to what a sim does on any given lot. I get that this is some sort of | response to the lack of activity on sims 3 public venues, but this isn't open world. And sims shouldn't be directed to "look appropriate" by being tied to the venue type. This is the worst thing that has happened in trying to make it work.
  • PETD33PETD33 Posts: 18 Member
    Definitely, want something like Create a world.
    It is so limited at the moment, I want to create more worlds or neighborhoods so that my game would not be cluttered.
    I always create so many by accident. XD
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Most definitely. With loading screens back I don't understand why we are so limited in our options.

I don't like the venue requirements this go round. Or how that is tied to what a sim does on any given lot. I get that this is some sort of | response to the lack of activity on sims 3 public venues, but this isn't open world. And sims shouldn't be directed to "look appropriate" by being tied to the venue type. This is the worst thing that has happened in trying to make it work.
    That's why I really don't think that's connected to open or closed world. I think nowadays computers are perfectly capable of handling an open world (or much larger neighborhoods anyway). I see much more activity in my Sims 3 venues ever since I bought a new computer. More sims and they are all very active. Talking to each other or doing stuff related to the venue (and in a park it's a real surprise what they will be doing and with all packs installed that gives a variety of outcomes). I'm convinced they could improve this in a modern game. I regret that activity in Sims 4 is so much focused on talking alone. I like the talking sims in the market place in Egypt, but I also very much like that one guy sitting in a corner trying to seduce a snake to leave its bucket to give him a kiss (he succeeded).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I would TOTALLY buy new worlds, particularly if the were bigger. How about like a 12 slot world? That would be awesome! Themed worlds would be great too, like they had in TS3.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes, please! World packs or DLC worlds are something I've been hoping for for a long time. And some world editing tools. In 3 we could add more lots to the worlds, I don't see why we couldn't do that in 4, or add more objects to our open spaces. Newcrest especially seems to have a lot of open space just going to waste at the moment.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    A World Pack would be very interesting. I am certainly willing to pay 10-20€ for that. Customizing the world in The Sims 2 was indeed very nice and that is why I hope for a Create a World, but I don't think Create a World will be possible for The Sims 4 and so World Packs might be a great alternative. I really would like some new environments to play in. Another alternative I have seen mentioned on these forums before would be the option to copy a world and make it a double, but with a different name.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    We need this! In TS3 we could build our own worlds and there were world packs. Space was endless. Now, new worlds are so incredibly exclusive! Why weren't world packs here since the beginning of TS4, since we can't build our own worlds!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • barespycebarespyce Posts: 34 Member
    NEED World packs. This is such a brilliant idea, and yes make them BIGGER. It's okay if you only have an open world for a hectare or two like we do now. Just make them bigger! Too many things to fit into a neighborhood.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm not paying for worlds when TS3 offered us massive, customizable worlds. Any worlds they offer should either be free or bundled in a pack.

The backlash would be serious if they charged us separately for worlds after giving us tiny, restrictive worlds that are TS1-like.
  • beckyZOOMbeckyZOOM Posts: 56 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Add re-sizeable lotsand I'm in.

This is everything ^^^^

Honestly. This is my only downfall with TS4 and that some of the expansions are meh ANYWAYS! Being able to make cute little towns and really make it your own world was something i expected - I would of honestly thought by now this would of been something they would of touched on seeing as so many builders exist?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited December 2017
    Having war flash backs of 'world packs' from the Sims 3 to venues that ranged from 19.99 to 45.00 :s

Think I'd about lose my mind if I saw those for the Sims 4. Having some customization for worlds shouldn't be coming at a price. Even with Sims 2 there were so many map choices as well from SimCity with the base game alone. I feel like something like that should come within a patch and if there had to be a world pack I'd hope it'd focus on extensive customization for players to be shelling out cash for it. Changing lot sizes, being able to change buildings and set dressing to your liking, lighter or darker in certain neighborhoods, being able to customize a bit more outside of lots 'like some of the community areas and where they have grills, tables etc', making or removing fishing spots, more terrtain paint.' Etc, etc. I'd be supper iffy about it.

I'd definitely want to see neighborhood's widened more along with more unique community areas and editing neighborhoods. It's like when I look over at the ongoing project on here with the custom map's here made by passionate fans that want to see things like that as well.. More unique maps and various sizes with neighborhoods.

There is a mighty need.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Having war flash backs of 'world packs' from the Sims 3 to venues that ranged from 19.99 to 45.00 :s

Think I'd about lose my mind if I saw those for the Sims 4. Having some customization for worlds shouldn't be coming at a price. Even with Sims 2 there were so many map choices as well from SimCity with the base game alone. I feel like something like that should come within a patch and if there had to be a world pack I'd hope it'd focus on extensive customization for players to be shelling out cash for it. Changing lot sizes, being able to change buildings and set dressing to your liking, lighter or darker in certain neighborhoods, being able to customize a bit more outside of lots 'like some of the community areas and where they have grills, tables etc', making or removing fishing spots, more terrtain paint.' Etc, etc. I'd be supper iffy about it.

I'd definitely want to see neighborhood's widened more along with more unique community areas and editing neighborhoods. It's like when I look over at the ongoing project on here with the custom map's here made by passionate fans that want to see things like that as well.. More unique maps and various sizes with neighborhoods.

There is a mighty need.

I'm with you. What we really need isn't World Packs. What we need is a Create-A-World feature, something like in TS2 when you selected "New Neighborhood" in the main menu and you got to choose a map and terrain type. But, this being the fourth game, we should be able to select a map template, a terrain type, a skybox, day and night lengths for the world as a whole, and road types, background elements, and miscellaneous world decor for each individual neighborhood. Having to play the same worlds over and over while waiting around for them to hand us a new one in an Expansion Pack, Game Pack, or other DLC is not really satisfactory at all.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Some people here are talking about CAW. And while this would be ideal and I really really want this, I don't think it will ever be possible. The way that worlds are made in TS4 seems very different than the previous iterations. The 2D map of each world is custom made for that world only. It isn't a 3D zoomed-out picture of the actual world. Every neighbourhood seems to be it's own little world and is completely disconnected from other neighbourhoods. The only thing that seems to be connecting these neighbourhoods is the 2D map. So if there were a CAW, then when making a map, we would have to somehow draw our functioning map? So because of that I don't think that CAW will every be a thing and that we will be limited with pre-made worlds that EA/Maxis has to offer (Which is literally almost nothing at the moment!).
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png