March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @AuroraLockwood No prob, @simscognito can start soon. :)
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    I'm fine with that too. It will be a fairly quick read, since I've only got three chapters up. :D
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited November 2017
    @pronterus @15aewar @pupshadow22 @simscognito

A question for everyone.

Our reading circle has now hit 5 members which is the level that many stop accepting new members. Do you want to have 5 be the max for our circle or do you think we should have a higher limit?

I think we should have as many members as want to join - but that's just me :)
    Also as to the cycle this past week was actually me but we pretty much called it an off week because I had only written a single chapter since my previous round. I was actually thinking of having your story have center stage starting tomorrow since you just joined. Is that all right with everyone? @pronterus @15aewar

That's completely fine! It's not like I've written anything in a while anyway. XD
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @pronterus @15aewar

Not much of an intro needed given my post from last night but just to be official....

As another week comes around the weekly spotlight is now on @simscognito and his story Friends of Foes.
    edited November 2017
    Hi @AuroraLockwood @pronterus, @pupshadow22 and @15aewar I'm not really sure how this goes, but as far as I understand from reading the past weeks questions and answers, I ask some generic questions regarding my story and you answer them? If so, here are the questions:

I'm currently using the default background colour on my blog, and am not entirely sure it makes it very easy to read. I can read it, but I might be the only one. :D I only haven't changed it because I'm not very website savvy and don't want to accidentally make something worse, but what do you guys think? Do you think I should change the background colour to white and the text to black? Also do you think the text should be bigger?

Okay, now onto to the actual story.

So far, although early days, do you think the protagonist is being drawn for you?

Do you believe the story is developing in a way that's interesting?

Do you believe that the words and the pictures work well together?
    Post edited by simscognito on
    Hi @AuroraLockwood @pronterus, @pupshadow22 and @15aewar I'm not really sure how this goes, but as far as I understand from reading the past weeks questions and answers, I ask some generic questions regarding my story and you answer them? If so, here are the questions:

I'm currently using the default background colour on my blog, and am not entirely sure it makes it very easy to read. I can read it, but I might be the only one. :D I only haven't changed it because I'm not very website savvy and don't want to accidentally make something worse, but what do you guys think? Do you think I should change the background colour to white and the text to black? Also do you think the text should be bigger?

So far, although early days, do you think the protagonist is being drawn for you?

Sorry I'm a bit late on responding.

1. Your blog looks fine to me. I haven't had any issues reading it. Obviously I can't speak for others though.
    2. I can't say much about Henry so far. I have a variety of early thoughts but I haven't seen enough to really come to any concrete thoughts. I will say though that the character does intrigue me. I like that he is with the evil side of things as opposed to the usual good guy that many stories go with.
    3. As said it's definitely got me interested. I can't say much story wise since it hasn't gotten that deep yet but I do want to keep reading to see where the various plot lines are going to go.
    4. I've been liking the pictures so far. I haven't noticed any issues between the pictures and the words and the pictures themselves are all well shot in my opinion.

Sorry I'm a bit late on responding.

1. Your blog looks fine to me. I haven't had any issues reading it. Obviously I can't speak for others though.
    2. I can't say much about Henry so far. I have a variety of early thoughts but I haven't seen enough to really come to any concrete thoughts. I will say though that the character does intrigue me. I like that he is with the evil side of things as opposed to the usual good guy that many stories go with.
    3. As said it's definitely got me interested. I can't say much story wise since it hasn't gotten that deep yet but I do want to keep reading to see where the various plot lines are going to go.
    4. I've been liking the pictures so far. I haven't noticed any issues between the pictures and the words and the pictures themselves are all well shot in my opinion.

Thanks @AuroraLockwood . These comments are really helpful. I'm glad you find it interesting enough to keep reading. :)
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @AuroraLockwood @pronterus @simscognito

Hey guys! It's been a long time - mostly because I've been pretty busy with holiday stuff. And I'll probably be very busy for a while. Because of this, I'm going to drop this reading circle for now to focus on my own. You guys have been incredible. Thank you!
    Hi @15aewar hope you have a wonderful holiday. Am going to miss discussing your fascinating mystery, but I understand this is a busy time of year. Best of luck with your other reading circle. I'm not that familiar with the Amazon challenge, but it does look interesting. :)
    15aewar wrote: »

Hey guys! It's been a long time - mostly because I've been pretty busy with holiday stuff. And I'll probably be very busy for a while. Because of this, I'm going to drop this reading circle for now to focus on my own. You guys have been incredible. Thank you!

@15aewar Fair enough. For the time being I will keep you listed and you are fully welcome to return when you feel you are able :)
    @15aewar @pronterus @simscognito @pupshadow22 Just a heads up for everyone in the reading circle. The Family Black is going on another break. Trying to write the chapters just isn't going well and I'm getting to the point where I find myself dreading having to sit down and even work on it. So I am putting it on the back burner for a little bit to hopefully let my mind refresh. I don't know how long it will be on break for but at the end of the day I feel it's better to do this than try to force myself to write when things aren't clicking.
    15aewar wrote: »

@15aewar Have a great time :) You're always welcome here.
    @15aewar @pronterus @simscognito @pupshadow22 Just a heads up for everyone in the reading circle. The Family Black is going on another break. Trying to write the chapters just isn't going well and I'm getting to the point where I find myself dreading having to sit down and even work on it. So I am putting it on the back burner for a little bit to hopefully let my mind refresh. I don't know how long it will be on break for but at the end of the day I feel it's better to do this than try to force myself to write when things aren't clicking.

@AuroraLockwood That's alright. It's good to take a break once in a while. We can just focus on reading the stories of the other members in the circle. :)

@simscognito
    Regarding the site: It's readable, but I find it easier to read something with a lighter background and dark font. But that's just me lol.

As for the protagonist, he seems interesting so far. Looking forward to future chapters so that I can have a better idea about him.

Story-wise, the Sweglords already interest me, so I'm hoping to read more.

The pictures fit with your story. I find no issues with them. :)
    Thanks @pronterus . That was really informative, particularly about the website. Delighted you found the Sweglords interesting.
    @AuroraLockwood that's totally fine. It sounds like you're doing the right thing, taking a break. Writing creatively shouldn't feel like a chore. :)
    @pronterus just realised I can't change the background colour of the blog, but I have brightened up the font. Hopefully it's slightly easier to read than before.
    Hi guys, here's the next chapter from Friends of Foes.
    friends-and-secrets_1_orig.png
    @simscognito @pronterus @15aewar @pupshadow22

And the weekly spotlight again shifts to @pronterus - Undead With Benefits.
    Awesome. I'll be preparing a few questions later. :)
    @pronterus @simscognito @pupshadow22 @15aewar

Since things have been a bit chaotic with this reading circle lately and with the holiday season oncoming I was thinking we might suspend the story of the week section for the remainder of the month and then reboot once the new year begins. Is that alright with all of you?

Since things have been a bit chaotic with this reading circle lately and with the holiday season oncoming I was thinking we might suspend the story of the week section for the remainder of the month and then reboot once the new year begins. Is that alright with all of you?

@AuroraLockwood Yep, that sounds like a good idea to me. I'll also have a lot more chapters up by then. :D

That seems fine. The holidays have made me busy as well :lol:
    @15aewar @pupshadow22 @pronterus @simscognito

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all a Merry Christmas and upcoming happy new year. I look forward to continuing our little reading circle come the start of the new year :)
    Thanks @AuroraLockwood. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too and all the best for the new year. :)
    Thanks @AuroraLockwood ! Merry Christmas to all of you :)