Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moral Isle - A Moralton Work In Progress

SenPainSenPain Posts: 266 New Member
CONTENTS

Creation Diary Posts
Day One: October 13, 2010
Day Two: October 14, 2010
Day Three: October 15, 2010
Day Four: October 16, 2010
Day Five: October 17, 2010
Day Six: October 18, 2010

Screenshot Links
Screenshot One
Screenshot Two
Screenshot Three
Screenshot Four
Screenshot Five
Screenshot Six

Downloadable Content From Moral Isle
Cheapster's Cheapo Park
Forghettey's Pub

Recomended Links

Highlighted Comments and Concerns From Viewers
Should you post a comment or concern I feel the need to answer and highlight, I'll quote it here with my answer... then again, I may quote it just to flatter myself.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Day One: October 13, 2010

I start building with a Medium flat map on the plane back to Texas. I have reference images from Moral Orel because it’s a simple town with a lot of depth within characters, buildings, and I can tweak simplicity. So far I’ve only laid down part of Main St. and Church Sq. I’ve also got the Church Lot placed, Address: 100 Main. This also gives me a bit of a reason to watch Moral Orel over again for the tiny details of things. It’s hard doing things with a touch pad instead of an actual mouse but I’m finding that I can do it either way, and I do it well- I think, for the most part, at least.
    I don’t know if I’ll create the different characters of Moral Orel, or if I’ll create my own families to go within this town and make it a “base game”, then put it up on Mod The Sims, while leaving just the actual town on the Exchange for those who don’t visit MTS. I think the plane is going to decend soon, and I’ll have to hang up my laptop for that duration, luckily I’ve got yet another flight ahead of me, along with an evening. Today should be fun, and I hope I can get most of the roads built today.
    I haven’t formed the land because I figure that I can form after roads and such, and the roads will bend with the land. That and I figure that I want a basic flat area, with light valleys and hills, no mountains or such.
    2pm
    Sitting in the airport at Atlanta now- about to begin working on the roads again, then halt momentarily while I board the plane to Texas. I need to charge my laptop too.
    Added a few roads, but as for yet I haven’t really planned much except where the grocery, book store goes, town hall, church, and possibly, the school, but I have a feeling the school will go elsewhere once everything is done.
    7pm
    Back in Texas, somehow the in-laws messed the internet up while we were gone. I successfully locked myself in the bedroom to get away from their condescending talks and looks. Looks like I get to go to work on Moral Isle to calm my frayed nerves. Stealing neighbors interwebs so I can look up the lot sizes needed for schools and stuff. Fail. My stomach hurts and I think I ate too much. I’m biting my nails. I don’t think I’m working on this right now.
    Furnished the church a bit.
    Guess the sizes of lots will have to be guessed. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Day Two: October 14, 2010
    I didn’t do much during the day because I was trying to get back into my routine. I haven’t been able to steal the neighbor’s internet to get what I need, so again, we’re eyeballing it. It’s already 7pm, I didn’t go to class, so I have more time. This is also the first time I’m using a mouse on the project. Super. My fiancé is eating purple gum that tastes like cinnamon and doing physics across from me. I like when we get to be together but doing separate things.
    Back to work.
    Seeing as this is my first town/world, I haven’t high hopes for the structure of the roads. Right now it looks… Rectangular.
    I’m making a list of things I need to have in my town [i.e., Grocery, Book Store, Salon, etc.] and starting to place those things first, they are priority, and then I will start upon the houses. I plan to have a neighborhood structured around possible 70s America architecture, then go up in the decades to modern. Maybe a Raven Wood Ct. for Victorian houses and such.
    I just added the first curve in the streets!! Huzzah! I can DO this!! I’ve started adding curves EVERYWHERE!!!!! Like CRAZY!!!!!!
    After adding lots for Grocery, Book Store, School, Town Hall, I went into Edit in Game and built them up.
    So it looks like I made the lots for the book and grocery store a bit bigger than needed… by four times the size of the building. Its okay though, I go this.
    I went back in, after finishing the church and school lots, to change the layout of the main Sq. I added a large park in the middle of the grocery store, book store, library, and day spa. I’ll make a different sq for law enforcement and fire station. As for the criminals? I’ll have them in an isolated corner, you have to go around the bend- see a lovely view of the ocean, but again, its gotta be isolated… because this is Moral Isle.
    I’ve stopped for now, needing to eat and spend some time with my fiancé, but I’ll come back to you, my darlings.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Day Three: October 15, 2010
    Well, I’m up and at them, at 9:30am. I have a doctor’s appointment at 11 though, so that may cause some delays. I’m not sure where to begin, but maybe by creating the buildings in the first Sq. In all truth, these aren’t Squares at all, they are Rectangles but I call them Sq. because there is no abbreviation for Rectangle. That and usually the center park is in the shape of a.. you guessed it.. Square.
    I’ve begun sketching the squares and writing down what buildings need to go where because the EiG doesn’t tell me what’s what. It’s good if I keep order in my creation, with minimum chaos.
    After sketching out everything I need I go EiG. I forgot to save the list of buildings I needed and had and such. ****.
    After designing the book store and grocery I decided to do the spa, then library.
    The Rabbit-Hole buildings are easy, but the ones I build myself? A lot of work has gone into the Church and so far, the Library also.
    I’ve got to go to my appointment in a bit, but I’ll try to finish more of the Library till then.
    I’ve finally stopped work on the library, it is far from complete, but it is very well on its way. I am exiting EiG so I can edit some lots and add some.
    I added Police Station, Fire Station, Gym, and the good ol’ pub, Forghettey’s.
    I also added a the Stadium, another park, an art gallery, the hospital, and a restaurant.
    Time to EiG again, create the buildings, add the Rabbit Holes, etc. I should be taking screen shots buuuut…. Eh, my laziness gets the best of me. I’ve sculpted a bit of the world some more. Adding water around the Stadium and the Criminal Facility. I plan to add more hills, but that’s in the future.
    I furnished out the inside of Forghettey’s, and made the police department. I’m not sure how to make a Fire Station.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Day Four: October 16, 2010
    Just woke up, but I actually had plans today with the fiancé. We get internet back today (actually, tonight- tomorrow ish), which will surely help me in my quest to size things correctly. I could do more sculpting but… I’m thinking about taking a break and not over-loading myself with everything Moral Isle.
    Its nearly 6pm and I haven’t done anything with Moral Isle. A break is always needed, even God took a rest, not that I’m religious. I’m carefully planning, though, so today won’t be a total waste.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Day Five: October 17, 2010
    FINALLY, Internet!! That means I can finally look up lot sizes, post this all to my blog/journal thing on TheSims3.com and just HUZZAH!!!
    Other notes, I have my The Sims3 Game Guide Collector’s Edition sitting next to me so I can get some ideas for buildings and what not. I kind of want to make this like the real world, where only the mansions in life are distinguishable, and the rest of us just live in suburban hell, or trailer parks. I’m thinking about actually creating a trailer park, honestly, but not in Moral Isle. Maybe I’ll make a town after this that’ll have all my dreams and such.
    I got what I needed from the internet, but I would have still liked to do stuff concerning the internet.. ****. It quit on me. I’ll do something later, but right now I’m figuring this out.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Day Six: October 18, 2010
    After finding the lot sizes I’ve begun from square one and decided to redo most things. Including the church. Odd? Yes. But I think all my fans [if any exist] deserve better, the BEST even. So I have begun again, keeping only the roads and mold of the world intact.
    I have only kept the Grand Park, Spa, and Library.
    I officially took my first screen shot in CaW- so you can see how my screen looks as its working.
    So my fiancé thinks that the neighbors are stealing our internet, and I’ve had to disconnect and reconnect like eight different times in the past four minutes just to try and load TheSims3.com. At first I thought he was just paranoid, but… maybe the fiancé is right… !#$#%@$ CONCUBINES I REALLY NEED THE INTERENT AND THEY’RE TAKING ALL THE BANDWITH!!!!
    Okay, here’s the picture I took =D

Screen1.jpg

I hope that’s a good size, but I’ll link all the screenshots later in the beginning post when I have the time.
    Fiancé and I are talking about moving the wi-fi thingy so I’m closer, because I think maybe there are no neighbors that are doing anything, and maybe I’m just so far away that my connection lags. Also, I have to do some chores today and I have classes so I may not get much done- but I just did ditch Toy Story 2 for Moral Isle, so do not question my dedication!
    That’s weird, my EiG crashed before it even started. Like it loaded Ambitions, and didn’t get to the loading Moral Isle bit. Oh well? Oh good, it works the second time around. Loading M.I. Which, ironically, are the abbreviated initials for Michigan, the state which I was born in.
    Now I moved where Forghettey’s is, and only have a few lots re-placed under corrected measurements and such. I’ll probably make a community garden somewhere- because I effing love gardens that I don’t have to tend aaaall the time- like the one in Riverview.
    So I created the school, the diner, and a small park next to the diner which is supposed to be run down. I’ve uploaded the park onto the exchange, and provided the following screenshots for you of each location:

Screenshot-82.jpg

School

Screenshot-83.jpg

Diner

Screenshot-84.jpg

Cheapster’s Cheapo Park

Now I’ve started on Forghettey’s Pub, but I can’t promise I’ll have pictures of the final product today, do to the fact that it is nearly one and I’ve got to be in class by 4:30. I’ll try, however. Can’t promise that it’ll even be finished today, since.. well.. it’s a Monday, can you expect much?
    I’ve specialized a room in Forghettey’s for… uh… woohoo. >_> What can I say? Moral Isle will probably have an underbelly of dirty deeds- and sheets.
    AH, I bet you’re excited!!! I know you are!! Because I have officially finished, taken screenshots of, and uploaded Forghettey’s [uploaded to the launcher, not yet to the Sims3 site]!!!
    Time to exit EiG and upload the screens and buildings.

Screenshot-85.jpg

Screenshot-86.jpg

I've been trying to get Photobucket and TheSims3.com to agree that yes, the images are resized and are not breaking the page, but TheSims3.com is a stubborn little thing and won't agree. Blast it.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Day Seven: October 19, 2010
    I know, on the seventh day God rested, but NOT Senny!!! No! Senny keeps working!!! Even when I’m not working on Moral Isle I am Beta Testing The Sims1 Recreation World- yes, I’m part of that elite team, also, I am now the head of that elite team. You can trust Paine Productions! Moving on.
    I think I have a solution to my fire station problem. I’ll just use the Ambitions one, keep only what I want, and create from scratch with only the objects I’ve kept. Next to the Fire Station, which is on the other side of Forghettey’s [which is between Fire station and Police station- safety first, drunk people] will be the gym, then possibly across from the gym will be a nice chess area or such… that’ll be behind the church.
    I’m sad to say that I won’t be getting much done today because I’ve been working on Sims1 Project and I have a state mandated test tomorrow for math…. X.x I hate math. But I will will will do the fire station. Well. At least I have the foundations of making my own- but I haven’t the time before class… and I don’t know if I’ll have time before either.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Day Eight: October 20, 2010
    Hey guys, just wanted to add a little note- it’s my state mandated test day, aka, Exit Level Math Taks Day. I don’t leave for another fifteen minutes, so I’m going to pop in game and find a good few things to do with the fire station! Then it is questionable if I am going to class after- also, because it is a special day with my fiancé, the twenty-th of every month marks the first day we got together. Yea, we still celebrate the little things, its kinda what keeps us going. =3 I may or may not go to class, and if I don’t my fiancé and I may celebrate our relationship, and I may not get much done- which is the probable of the two choices. Just wanted to clue you all in. Now to work!
    Alright, I really have to go now, but I’ve done a good work on the Fire Station! Today I will finish it, just later! Wish me luck!
    Alright, now we have me and Peaches [that’s my laptop], and it’s back to work. Once piece at a time I am building the Fire Station, somehow making it modern and appealing while being efficient and Business-y.
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    The images are dead. Was this project an attempt to re-create the fictional town of Moralton from [adult swim]'s Moral Oral?