Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work should be removed from Origin until it's Playable

Comments

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I know this'll be accused of being off-topic, but...

If we sit here and blindly purchase everything they throw at us, where's their incentive to patch this stuff? No, the two things shouldn't be related at all, and yet they are. If you complain about bugs in Get To Work, but then on day one you're still buying Cats and Dogs, Laundry Stuff and Sims 4 T-Shirts, what lesson have they learned...? They've learned they can get away with it.

Look to history. Island Paradise was the most sorry excuse for a "finished" product they've ever released in terms of bugs and stability, and was it ever fixed...? No, no it wasn't. This company has shown it absolutely has the capacity to leave bugs in the game that damage the experience in tremendous ways OR make certain features completely non-functional, and no doubt they'll do it again if they can get away with it just because bug-fixing isn't really a money-maker for them so they'd rather have their workers assigned elsewhere.

Alternatively? Press for a refund on it. If it can't deliver the features it claims to deliver on, then you absolutely deserve a refund, and a wave of refund requests for Get To Work with that reason cited might send the message.

The biggest issues The Sims 4 seems to have are from the Base Game and Get To Work, and the other packs mostly enhance the affect of those bugs.

Take the bugs from Get To Work and the Base Game out, and we've got a pretty stable game. Cats & Dogs is probably the buggiest pack we've had since GTW, and I'm shocked how poor it is (I know most of C&D's features broke with the Emergency Patch, but that gave people literally a day or so to enjoy it, and it's just poor overall).

Most of the bugs from every other packs are base game bugs, ruining new experiences (eg. Dine Out and Musical Chairs, CL and event based dressing, broken with Vampires patch).

It's almost like the Sims team don't know how to fix the bugs from the first 6 months, and it would not surprise me, if a lot of the people who worked at EA before the launch, have left, and now the new teams that formed in April 2015, are too seperate to work together (e.g. a lot of people who worked on the base game are in the GP or EP team and a lot of people who worked on GTW are now in the GP, SP and EP team).

I just can't understand why the base game and GTW are basically left untouched, while the rest of the packs have pretty good track record.
    I'm almost certain that EA will skip Get To Work on console. Or save it till last.

Because every aspect of that EP breaks with new content. It was literally broken after the first patch post GTW and has barely been fixed since.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    Agreed, it's absurd that too much content we paid for is broken for that long. It's been what, more than a year already? It's passed the time to fix the entire EP. Aliens are broken too, their faces get distorted when they age up. The only way to play them is with aging off, forget about a legacy and again, it's another issue that has been around for more than a year. Spa day is also one of the older GPs and I think hand massages are still broken. Honestly I have no trust at all in their bug fixing team, you can count on them to fix new content because that's where the most revenue comes from. But when said content become more obsolete, you can forget about bug fixes.

What are you talking about aliens being broken? I'm 14 generations in an all alien legacy. Their faces don't get distorted when they age up and I don't play with aging off.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Agreed, it's absurd that too much content we paid for is broken for that long. It's been what, more than a year already? It's passed the time to fix the entire EP. Aliens are broken too, their faces get distorted when they age up. The only way to play them is with aging off, forget about a legacy and again, it's another issue that has been around for more than a year. Spa day is also one of the older GPs and I think hand massages are still broken. Honestly I have no trust at all in their bug fixing team, you can count on them to fix new content because that's where the most revenue comes from. But when said content become more obsolete, you can forget about bug fixes.

What are you talking about aliens being broken? I'm 14 generations in an all alien legacy. Their faces don't get distorted when they age up and I don't play with aging off.

No its still happening. There is a simmer on the forums who is kind enough to test it out each new patch:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/888886/alien-faces-are-still-glitched/p1

Perhaps you just didnt notice it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm totally right with you. The detective career is my favourite but I can't even play with...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Gruffman wrote: »

No its still happening. There is a simmer on the forums who is kind enough to test it out each new patch:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/888886/alien-faces-are-still-glitched/p1

Perhaps you just didnt notice it.

The next time I load it up I will have to take the family into CAS and see what it does.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    > @jackjack_k said:
    > @has Chazzzy wrote: »
    >
    > jackjack_k wrote: »
    >
    > @Goldmoldar wrote: »
    >
    > Lot of people are displeased with GTW because of it's list of bugs and not everyone experience bugs at the same time and some may not experience any at all. GTW just needs to be revamped being for me it is just bland and Hohum. Everybody here is just voicing thier opinion and nothing may not happen unless EA/Maxis wants it to. Also bugs exist across all the packs, and not just GTW. The key to an good pack is speedy elimination of bugs, thorough game testing and a pack with good gameplay and not options that is just to fill the game and is not well thought out, GTW is full of it Imho.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not true.
    >
    > Spa Day has one bug that I can think of (the massage hand interaction is broken).
    > Outdoor Retreat has one bug I’m aware of which is the Hermit may sometimes dress casual.
    > Get Together doesn’t have any bugs.
    > Parenthood doesn’t have any bugs.
    > Vampires has one bug from the last patch that will probably be fixed.
    > I don’t think any of the Stuff Packs have bugs.
    > City Living has only cosmetic bugs.
    >
    > The only packs that have bugs that are actively problematic in terms of gameplay is Get To Work, Dine Out & Cats and Dogs.
    >
    > Dine Out is still playable it’s just annoying. Same with Cats & Dogs.
    >
    > Get to Work is the only pack that is actually not playable and cannot be played without cheating promotions and even then the gameplay can’t be enjoyed by the user for the most part (and all 3 are heavily focused on the retail and career system).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Have to disagree with you there.
    >
    > Get Together Bug:
    > If you have a club with an age requirement and the leader of that club ages up and out of that age requirement, they are removed from the club but remain the leader in a hidden capacity. So if you go to that club it will show there is no leader. But your sim can ask the sim who was kicked out to leave the club and then they can become leader. It’s been like this for as long as I can remember with no fix in sight.
    >
    > Parenthood Bugs:
    > If your Sim has the good manners trait they are constantly trying to wash dishes even if they have none in their hand or inventory. They will walk to the sink empty handed and do the wash dishes interaction which you can see in the queue. A mod had to be made to stop this from happening.
    >
    > Also, children and teens are constantly experiencing mood swings. They will stop doing whatever interaction you instructed them to do to go through a mood swing. It can be frustrating playing with them at times. I have seen the gurus ask people to send in their game files related to this issue but nothing has been fixed yet.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I’ve never experience the first bug, but I don’t doubt that’s the case. But that’s one very specific bug, rather than the constant slew you find in the 3 I mentioned.
    >
    > The dishwashing thing is something I haven’t noticed, but I have noticed the mood swings.
    >
    > The mood swings doesn’t feel like a bug, just can be annoying if you have a dropped queue.

Would like to add on there:

Get Together: club points no longer seem to be showing accrued points in real-time if you don't have the club tab constantly open. Don't worry the club points are still registered but you'd have to keep the tab open to register them in real-time.

Vampires: A few problems are still present/resurfaced such as apart from higher tier powers not working as intended, I now have found some NPC vamps are stupid and go out in sunlight even more when I reset the game folders. I was so annoyed that I literally went to all the vamp households I liked and cheated them o have sun immunity.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Maybe part of the problem is the fact the Sims Team doesn't make sure they put *all* the packs onto their computers to see how they compute with the new pack?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2017
    It just needs to be patched. If every pack that had bugs got removed from the Sims 4 there would be no packs to play with honestly. Cats and Dogs pack is riddled with bugs more than any Sims EP I've seen yet. City Living has a lot of bugs yet to be fixed too. Anyways the complied list of Sims 4 bugs on the EA site reported so far: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/td-p/3445209

I think most important thing to do is not to say the Sims 4 doesn't have bugs because that will just create a Sims 3 packs left with bugs situation. Report bugs as soon as you see them by any means possible whether it is through the EA site, on Twitter, or on forums. Reporting them on Facebook won't help since it is the marketing department that handles that Sims page, not the Gurus how it was explained to me by a Guru. Bugs love me though, so I report them even when there was incest in the game that some denied there being when the Woohoo weekend happened. I've learned that just because Simmers haven't experienced a bug or issue yet, doesn't mean that they won't in the future. All I can do is ignore the trolling and do my part as a customer with reporting bugs.

Anyway tagging @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin and @SimQARobo so that it does get fixed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2017
    Huge shame on this team. How can you sell laggy games like that? Shame on you!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    @karallyne If the game is so bugged it needs to be removed from sale, then yes it should be apparent within 24 hours. Saying people should buy something only going by the advertising of the company is ridiculous. Do you not think it a good idea for people to look into products before they buy them? I just purchased a new computer. Before I did so I got multiple people's opinions and I read every review I could find. Buying it just because the company advertising it says it's wonderful would have been idiotic of me.
    Apparently not everyone has these issues, seeing as I've done all three careers to level 10 and had only minor issues. Nothing that made it unplayable(I don't use mods and only use money cheats sometimes or reset sim). The Doctor and Detective were boring, but that's personal opinion. Also just from this forum alone it's obviously not everyone experiences the same bugs.

@CyrusTheLoser The topic was not people who already purchased it. The topic was that it should be "removed from origin". For people who already purchased and played it there is really no logical way of getting a refund if it quits working properly, this is a risk with almost every purchase you'll ever make. As they've already played it when it was working as it was suppose to there would only be some sort of partial refund(if there was any), as is with used products.

@agustd No, not defending. Saying people should have a choice. I buy many of the packs only for the objects and others do as well. Should they be denied the right to buy it because some bugs make the game play difficult for some players? Lowering the price is a good idea, but not really practical and not likely at all to happen. People are not forced to buy something, it is all a choice of their own making.

@luthienrising I've not looked this up, as I've never had reason to use it. I take responsibility for my purchases and accept the risk of loss. (The only time I've used the return policy was for the sims medieval game within hours of the purchase, it was horrible) I'll take your word for it, but that just makes it so much more important for people to actually do some real research into what they are buying, instead of being like a sheep.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Is that big vampires glitch fixed yet? imo that one was most certainly well worth asking a refund for. smh.
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    @karallyne If the game is so bugged it needs to be removed from sale, then yes it should be apparent within 24 hours. Saying people should buy something only going by the advertising of the company is ridiculous. Do you not think it a good idea for people to look into products before they buy them? I just purchased a new computer. Before I did so I got multiple people's opinions and I read every review I could find. Buying it just because the company advertising it says it's wonderful would have been plum of me.
    Apparently not everyone has these issues, seeing as I've done all three careers to level 10 and had only minor issues. Nothing that made it unplayable(I don't use mods and only use money cheats sometimes or reset sim). The Doctor and Detective were boring, but that's personal opinion. Also just from this forum alone it's obviously not everyone experiences the same bugs.
    these are bugs that the dev team already acknowledges exist. so if you aren't having them then thank the divines for whatever miracle you're experiencing, but it's not working for the rest of us. These aren't small glitches we're talking about. This is two main selling points of the pack not working. But yeah, pass the blame to the consumer because "the consumer should have done their research". How about the advertiser doesn't lie?

If everyone in the world waited for reviews then guess what, there wouldn't be any. Your "research" before you make a purchase RELIES on those individuals who purchase "irresponsibly", so please, off with this nonsense train that you're riding.
  • bonobas13bonobas13 Posts: 38 Member
    > @jackjack_k said:
    >
    > The Retail, Detective and Doctor careers DO NOT work. Retail only works if you use your own family members. And even THEN it’s impossible to get people to buy things. You have to be there 15 hours or so just to sell a decent amount of stuff.
    >

For 2000 perk points you can buy "Sure sale" perk... And a current bug allows Sure Sale to be queued multiple times... There is a 4 hours cool-down, but with this perk you sell as many things as there are customers, if... you use your own family members (at least two)... :)
    @Scobre wrote: »
    It just needs to be patched. If every pack that had bugs got removed from the Sims 4 there would be no packs to play with honestly. Cats and Dogs pack is riddled with bugs more than any Sims EP I've seen yet. City Living has a lot of bugs yet to be fixed too. Anyways the complied list of Sims 4 bugs on the EA site reported so far: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-Bugs/td-p/3445209

I think most important thing to do is not to say the Sims 4 doesn't have bugs because that will just create a Sims 3 packs left with bugs situation. Report bugs as soon as you see them by any means possible whether it is through the EA site, on Twitter, or on forums. Reporting them on Facebook won't help since it is the marketing department that handles that Sims page, not the Gurus how it was explained to me by a Guru. Bugs love me though, so I report them even when there was incest in the game that some denied there being when the Woohoo weekend happened. I've learned that just because Simmers haven't experienced a bug or issue yet, doesn't mean that they won't in the future. All I can do is ignore the trolling and do my part as a customer with reporting bugs.

Anyway tagging @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin and @SimQARobo so that it does get fixed.

These are bugs that the Guru’s have known about for Yonks.

Especially the detective career, where you get information that’s incorrect for the suspect. It’s like impossible to play from the get go.

The Doctor career is buggy but playable until the last few levels. That’s when it suddenly turns into a mess.
    edited November 2017
    jackjack_k wrote: »

These are bugs that the Guru’s have known about for Yonks.

Especially the detective career, where you get information that’s incorrect for the suspect. It’s like impossible to play from the get go.

The Doctor career is buggy but playable until the last few levels. That’s when it suddenly turns into a mess.
    Depends on which Guru. Pretty sure those three are the ones that know about the bugs. Not every Guru I've talked to knows about bugs, so always nice to let them know and ask them if they have worked on that pack or area. I think they prioritize bugs based on how many people experience them. I mean for my first bug the cupcake machine that would crash the game, I was only one of nine people that reported it and that was a bug that actually wouldn't let the game run at all.

The detective career I had to report a bug in which the clues wouldn't show up to SimGuruNick and yes I know several Simmers even while watching Twitch streams having issues with the detective career. SimGuruNick has been very helpful even when I sent him 21 save files because even finding the right save file can be a mess when looking in the folder. That and photos are so disorganized which doesn't help when reporting bugs. Anyways this is a good resource for Simmers to use also which is probably the fastest ways to send save files directly to the Gurus. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302 Sometimes I send the last crash, the last UI exception, the last exception files to them too because that can also help to see what is causing the problem in a particular area of the game or if the game has crashed due to an error. Also good to test bugs with mods or CC not in the game because that is one of the first questions they will ask is if it is mod related or not.

Also shutting off a pack completely could ruin a lot of save files in Simmer's games so probably not the best suggestion. It is an option in the Sims 3 and there is a warning with that save files might be affected if turned off. I know I would lose a lot of my alien save files if that happened and that would truly be game breaking for me just because the detective career doesn't work. I rather have a patch to fix it. I'm tired of the Sims 4 having the trend of "remove not improve" for everything. It doesn't solve anything and going to continue the half baked comments whenever something is removed. I do not want this pack and Cats and Dogs pack turned into another Island Paradise glitched issue event. I rather have the team fix it than ignore the issue completely again and instead have modders fix it for them.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2017
    agustd wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Lot of people are displeased with GTW because of it's list of bugs and not everyone experience bugs at the same time and some may not experience any at all. GTW just needs to be revamped being for me it is just bland and Hohum. Everybody here is just voicing thier opinion and nothing may not happen unless EA/Maxis wants it to. Also bugs exist across all the packs, and not just GTW. The key to an good pack is speedy elimination of bugs, thorough game testing and a pack with good gameplay and not options that is just to fill the game and is not well thought out, GTW is full of it Imho.

Not true.

Spa Day has one bug that I can think of (the massage hand interaction is broken).
    Outdoor Retreat has one bug I’m aware of which is the Hermit may sometimes dress casual.
    Get Together doesn’t have any bugs.
    Parenthood doesn’t have any bugs.

Vampires has one bug from the last patch that will probably be fixed.
    I don’t think any of the Stuff Packs have bugs.
    City Living has only cosmetic bugs.

The only packs that have bugs that are actively problematic in terms of gameplay is Get To Work, Dine Out & Cats and Dogs.

Dine Out is still playable it’s just annoying. Same with Cats & Dogs.

Get to Work is the only pack that is actually not playable and cannot be played without cheating promotions and even then the gameplay can’t be enjoyed by the user for the most part (and all 3 are heavily focused on the retail and career system).

Have to disagree with you there.

Get Together Bug:
    If you have a club with an age requirement and the leader of that club ages up and out of that age requirement, they are removed from the club but remain the leader in a hidden capacity. So if you go to that club it will show there is no leader. But your sim can ask the sim who was kicked out to leave the club and then they can become leader. It’s been like this for as long as I can remember with no fix in sight.

Parenthood Bugs:
    If your Sim has the good manners trait they are constantly trying to wash dishes even if they have none in their hand or inventory. They will walk to the sink empty handed and do the wash dishes interaction which you can see in the queue. A mod had to be made to stop this from happening.

Also, children and teens are constantly experiencing mood swings. They will stop doing whatever interaction you instructed them to do to go through a mood swing. It can be frustrating playing with them at times. I have seen the gurus ask people to send in their game files related to this issue but nothing has been fixed yet.

The bugs you mentioned don't affect the packs' functionality though. They're annoying at best, but Parenthood and GT are still very much playable. Features essential to GTW just simply don't function at this point for majority of players, it's like Parenthood mood swings would no longer happen at all. Or sims wouldn't age up with the new traits.

That may be true to a certain extent but a bug is a bug even if the effects may be minor. There are bugs EA/Maxis did not even fix in previous versions and the same may happen here. The bugs may be hard to stomp out looking at Sims programming and how so many packs are intertwined together.

Well, I sure do hope GTW won't become this iterations' Island Paradise :|

To me, however, there is a big difference between an annoying bug most likely solveable with MCCC and a bug that makes it straight up impossible to use 90% of a pack's content.

Now I will say amen to that because I would have enjoyed IP if it behaved right from the giddy up but I blame EA/Maxis for that. :) Sadly, I do not use mods in my games and some of those mods are great but I hate to 1)uninstall and reinstall after an patch 2) Wait for an update. However I still give kudos to the modders for temporarily fixing what EA/Maxis should fix in an timely manner and not a year down the road.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I agree. The way get to work is being handled is pathetic. 2 out of the 3 active careers are broken. And retail is a letdown.
    ..... And its been broken for how long...?
    I had issues more towards the beginning of the doctor career. I was unable to "transfer case" to the actual doctor. Leaving me just.... Stuck. Can't cure the patient. Only move on to the next patient.... But then it happens again... So I'd just send my sim to work alone, sorta defeats the purpose of an active career huh? Same with detective....
    Its almost sickening how they have our money, and that's it. Its broken, and still selling. (Not really a surprise though)
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    @Rae357 At the end of the day, a pack is about gameplay, unless it's a stuff pack. Buing an EP/GP only for the CAS/build assets only causes issues... for everyone. Look at what happened to alien abductions, look at all the outcry from people who hate vampires but still bought the pack because they liked some dress that came with it. Devs put vampires in a separate pack exactly because aliens in a major EP proved to be a failed idea and yet, people who don't like supernatural themes still bought vamps, and they're now demanding them to be toned down.

So no, I don't think options matter in this case. If an EP barely functions it should not be available via Origin, the official EA store until it's fixed. Those who REALLY want it will probably still able to get it on Amazon or CDKeys for much cheaper anyway.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2017
    Get to Work is just an all around disgrace.

The gameplay itself needs to be redesigned. It offers THE most confining, boring, and uninspired gameplay out of all of The Sims' packs yet. You're sitting there, performing interactions that are highlighted in a checkbox at the corner of your screen. You only get credit if you do them at an exact time. Not only that, you're just racing to do this before the day ends.

Throw in the HUGE amount of bugs associated with careers, time control glitches, and Sim freezing, and it's such a huge headache to try and play it. Retail pales in comparison to TS2: OFB in both running a shop, and visiting one.

I really feel whichever team designs free content needs to, instead, be in charge of redoing this pack. From the design to the functional levels, it's amateur.
  • Strangersims11Strangersims11 Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought get to work pack a few days ago, and now whenever I play it, it says my account is being used on another computer. I've been wondering if this is a glitch because I've never put my info online or any other computer...
    edited November 2017
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »

The gameplay itself needs to be redesigned. It offers THE most confining, boring, and uninspired gameplay out of all of The Sims' packs yet.

I feel like both The Sims 2 and 3 delivered worse packs. Apartment Life is still the poorest excuse for an Expansion ever.

It literally repurposed Uni dorms and added the most basic Witches ever. That’s it. There’s no new purposeful gameplay at all.
    edited November 2017

The gameplay itself needs to be redesigned. It offers THE most confining, boring, and uninspired gameplay out of all of The Sims' packs yet.

I feel like both The Sims 2 and 3 delivered worse packs. Apartment Life is still the poorest excuse for an Expansion ever.

It literally repurposed Uni dorms and added the most basic Witches ever. That’s it. There’s no new purposeful gameplay at all.
    Sims 2 actually had my favorite witches. Was nice having a good and bad version of witches. Honestly I like Apartment Life a lot more than City Living and still remains as my favorite apartments to hit the series, so different strokes for different folks I guess. I just hope Sims 4 doesn't last beyond the five year mark. I can honestly say the Sims 4 has delivered the worst versions ever of EPs to hit the Sims series yet. I'm ready for a new engine for a Sims game already. At least the game packs are decent and SPs have been somewhat of an improvement. I don't think any Sims 4 EP is worth the $40 price point and why I encourage people to get it 50% off.

Anyway it is one thing to ask for a pack to be removed, but are you willing to get refunds for every Simmer who has bought the pack which could hypothetically add up to millions of dollars loss? Don't you think Sims 4 losing money could effect development of other packs not happening as well? I don't know the suggestion is pretty much telling people to flush $40 down the toilet for nothing. I much rather have a fixed product. Just will cause a repeat in history for future packs. I'm kind of loving this thread, because it does show that every Simmer is reaching their breaking point with the Sims 4 now and requesting something that could hurt the Gurus financially which goes against the "must defend Gurus at all costs" trend that was going on. It's nice to know that there should be no excuse for a faulty product. Like what will make what has happened with Cats and Dogs and Get to Work being released with unfixed bugs make Simmers want to purchase future Sims 4 products? Will people stop spending or will they start reporting any and all bugs or will it make them hesitate about purchasing future Sims products? I guess only time will tell. But I do think keeping community between customers and Maxis open is key for anything to happen. I like how Gurus are more open to talk now than they used to be and I hope it continues.

Asking for a pack to be flushed without a refund is just asking for a SimCity fiasco to happen with the Sims. I know customers will not be happy about it and will complain just as much for a refund. At least it would open up the possibility of competition like with City Skylines.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    edited November 2017

I just hope Sims 4 doesn't last beyond the five year mark. I can honestly say the Sims 4 has delivered the worst versions ever of EPs to hit the Sims series yet.

City Living is much better than Late Night (Late Night had fake celebs with a broken system from Day 1, Apartments that were even more fake, and Nightclubs were just bars with bouncers, they didn't even have proper DJ's or anything).

Vampires was better than Late Night + Supernatural combined.

Spa Day was better than the $20 Sims 3 Spa venue.

Dine Out was better than the $20 Sims 3 Bistro venue.

The Retail system in Get To Work is lightyears better than the Retail System in The Sims 3.

& Active Careers were a first with The Sims 4

I think you're not giving The Sims 4 enough credit with it's packs.
    I would argue The Sims 3's strengths were it's original ideas, but it's "remakes" were worse than 4's "remakes" so far.

City Living is much better than Late Night (Late Night had fake celebs with a broken system from Day 1, Apartments that were even more fake, and Nightclubs were just bars with bouncers, they didn't even have proper DJ's or anything).

Vampires was better than Late Night + Supernatural combined.

Spa Day was better than the $20 Sims 3 Spa venue.

Dine Out was better than the $20 Sims 3 Bistro venue.

The Retail system in Get To Work is lightyears better than the Retail System in The Sims 3.

& Active Careers were a first with The Sims 4

I think you're not giving The Sims 4 enough credit with it's packs.
    Late Night isn't the City Living counterpart and sounds like a confusion of City Living with Get Together which has the DJ station, so City Living I agree with earlier is more like Apartment Life. I actually like Get Together more than City Living. If anything Get Together is closer to Late Night. Vampires I agree are the best in the Sims series yet. I hope that there are more life states since three years in, Sims 4 doesn't have a lot. Spa day, well... both those themes Sims Superstar was better at with the celeb and spa systems but it is a decent pack. Dine Out is still buggy and has its own set of issues but it is pretty decent too. Both the Sims 3 and 4 haven't really impressed me with dining out honestly. I prefer it in Sims and Sims 2. Active careers aren't new. They had what was called "professions" in the Sims 3. Just because it has a different name doesn't make it new. XD Remember lifeguard, firefighter, interior designer, and tattoo artist just to name a few. I mean Sims 2 and 3 had complete bands and was pretty fun to have rocker Sims perform concerts in the Sims 3. I would love the Sims 4 to allow for non suburbian themes in general. I think you forget that Spa Day, Dine Out, and Vampire packs are not EPs, they are game packs so not sure why they were mentioned since it is a different product type. So yes I think I'm giving plenty of credit to Sims 4 game packs calling them the best packs that the Sims 4 has to offer out of all their pack types. I think out of all the packs, EPs are the weakest products the Sims 4 has to offer compared to what the GPs and SPs offer just in the Sims 4 alone. Makes me wonder if the next iteration will even bother with EPs since they have performed so poorly this iteration. Sims 4 might set the trend of selling many smaller packs for more money in the future with the Sims 5. So you think Sims 4 has the best retail system, yet you want the pack removed that has the retail system in it?

I do think how Sims 4 handled active careers is the worst and I don't want any new active careers. If what has happened with GTW ensures that they won't happen again, I'd be more than fine with that. I prefer the business run careers as in the retail system, the dining system, and vet system. I also like how work from home careers were set up in City Living. It reminded me how much I liked the work from home system the Sims 3 had. As far as careers what I can give credit for is how the business system handles finances is a pretty realistic yet simplified version of how it is handled in real life. I like the perk system with it and I like the vampire perks too. I think if anything I would like a lot type that allowed me to have many services at once like a mall lot. Shame that Sims 4 doesn't have a pet store though. Maybe if it gets small critters and other animals it could be a future lot type. Anyway because I like aliens and the retail system and Go to School mod that are tied to the Get to Work pack, if you are requesting those features to be removed from me, then you better make sure I get refund for it as well as any other Simmer who have bought the pack. I would prefer to have the pack remain and for active careers to be overhauled to have a work from home option and have the general career path system fixed, but that's just me.

The doctor career is having issues too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Sim-taking-new-patient-to-occupied-bed/m-p/6461556#M53499

Retail system is only allowing adults as customers it seems like too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Only-Adults-shop-at-retail/m-p/6410221#M49963

Here is the detective bug reported: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-up/m-p/6424477#M51410

On a happy note here is a bug that was fixed career related thanks to Simmers reporting it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GTW-Scientist-won-t-get-breakthrough/td-p/4459879

So yes it does pay off to report bugs and I hope Simmers continue to do so.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2017

Yet people, since TS3, have been begging EA to re-implement the apartment system as it was in TS2, and EA has failed to deliver these functional apartments not once, but twice. We still have yet to get apartments which allow us to build them on any lot we chose, visit Sims in other apartments without loading screens, and have actual roommates we cannot control but bring income, like TS2's apartments.

I do certainly agree apartments could have fit well in Nightlife, though. However, whether you like the fact that apartments were their own pack or not, AL is just another example of TS2's developers having a well-thought out theme in mind, and delivering it as promised.

Packs like Get to Work and Get Together really lack a strong, central theme, and for me, miss the mark utterly. Really, reviewing the packs of TS4, there seems to be poor planning and inconsistency. The change in expansion name schemes make that evident, or at least represent it well. Get Together really could have been absorbed into City Living, for instance.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top