Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Okay, it's been ages since a question:
    What do you eat at a big get-together like a Christmas gathering, birthday party, graduation, etc.?

and here's my next chapter:
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    What do you eat at a big get-together like a Christmas gathering, birthday party, graduation, etc.?

You mean in real life? :)

Yes.

And does anyone know what's going on with the signatures? Mine and several others look weird.

Yes.

And does anyone know what's going on with the signatures? Mine and several others look weird.

Someone in the Lounge said the autofit was probably broken. But it seems to be working now, signatures look normal again :smile:

And to answer your food question (Brace yourself - a lot of text is coming! :lol: )
    Every occasion is different. On Christmas we have traditional dinner that consists of three appetizers: a slice of bread with salt and garlic, Christmas wafer with honey and "dumplings" with poppy seeds. These are followed by cabbage soup and fried fish with potato salad. This, however, differs from region to region, of course. New Year's Eve is similar, but it's celebrated with extended family or simply with bigger company, so it's bigger with lots of canapés and cookies and champagne.

For birthday parties, a cake is a must and then, it depends. If the weather is nice, we like to have a barbeque, if not, we usually have two kinds of salad (pasta salad and vegetable/mayonnaise-based salad) which are eaten with cheeses and smoked ham. Canapés, again, are very popular and all kinds of snacks like roasted peanuts, chips, pretzels, too.

For graduations, weddings, christening parties and sometimes birthday parties, especially milestone birthdays, it's common to rent a restaurant for the occasion and eat their menu so that's what I'll do when the time comes, I guess. :lol: The menu consists of appetizer, soup, main course and dessert and is usually influenced by whatever the trends are - when I was little, chicken soup followed by snitzel or cordon bleu were common wedding foods - last time I attended a wedding, though, I was four years old, so I have no idea what is popular these days. Probably things like pork tenderloin or roasted duck breast or veal chops, as these are more expensive, not exactly everyday meals around here.

Wow. I do love to talk about food. :sweat_smile: What do you eat at get-togethers like these, @mypalsim1 and everyone else?
    Sooo, new chapter from me and it's my longest chapter to date. It's mostly dialogue, though, as usual. :lol:

Chapter 3.19: Trapped
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    My story update is finally here! Between being sick, kitchen reno and holiday prep I was sooo out of commission!

Today we meet our wonderful wedding guests (recipients of the reader's gift) ... @CathyTea @Charliimai @Anchesenamon @Siter6 @maplesimmer @spitzmagic

o6ZAUJ2.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/11/24/an-era-of-charming-tales-bruno-and-rose-red-wedding-guests/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Sooo, new chapter from me and it's my longest chapter to date. It's mostly dialogue, though, as usual. :lol:

Chapter 3.19: Trapped

I will go there later today ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

For the three big holidays, my family likes a nice lean ham and my homemade Mac n Cheese. There are other favorite side dishes for each holiday but always to start with those two.

Birthdays are either celebrated out for adults or with pizza for young ones.

As for weddings it is usually cold meats like sliced ham or turkey with bread and fruit and vegetable trays. Maybe salads too. Usually a nice light repast.

@CharmingMaruska ... your cabbage soup is speaking to me today and causing me to remember the fine soups I had when in Ukraine. Sounds delish.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »

For the three big holidays, my family likes a nice lean ham and my homemade Mac n Cheese. There are other favorite side dishes for each holiday but always to start with those two.

Birthdays are either celebrated out for adults or with pizza for young ones.

As for weddings it is usually cold meats like sliced ham or turkey with bread and fruit and vegetable trays. Maybe salads too. Usually a nice light repast.

@CharmingMaruska ... your cabbage soup is speaking to me today and causing me to remember the fine soups I had when in Ukraine. Sounds delish.

Oh, yes, we are a bunch of soup lovers here in Central/Eastern Europe! :lol: I've ever been to Ukraine, but it's our neighboring country, so I can imagine the cuisine is pretty similar.
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member

Christmas is turkey and my grandma's cranberry sauce that no one likes, birthdays is up to the one who's birthday it is and a bunch of cakes of their choice too and whenever there is anything to celebrate at my grandparents' house it's my grandpa's famous chicken soup.

Also, i have not dissapeared off the face of the earth. I've been lurking around the forums and have been working on my story, i've just had very little time. I've also hit a truely dark moment where my sims 3 games with all expantions runs better then my sims 4 game. But I will be more active from now on.

Christmas is turkey and my grandma's cranberry sauce that no one likes, birthdays is up to the one who's birthday it is and a bunch of cakes of their choice too and whenever there is anything to celebrate at my grandparents' house it's my grandpa's famous chicken soup.

Also, i have not dissapeared off the face of the earth. I've been lurking around the forums and have been working on my story, i've just had very little time. I've also hit a truely dark moment where my sims 3 games with all expantions runs better then my sims 4 game. But I will be more active from now on.

Have you run a repair game and deleted the localthumbcache?

Uk2Rhih.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

Uk2Rhih.jpg

I've never heard about thiss! Does it help?
    yes, I have deleted that file recently and all my other cache files too. I haven't done the repair game thing yet. I think it's the mods I have in combination with running the game form a pretty old laptop. I will have to delete some mods I guess, but there are certain mods I just can't do without.
    I'll try the repair game thing soon. Thanks for the help!

I guess my family isn't very creative. For Thanksgiving we had...turkey. For Christmas: turkey! I'll pop the rest in a spoiler, too.
    There's also ham, but most everyone devours turkey, except for my vegetarian cousin who thinks we're all gross but keeps that opinion to herself and fixes some delicious side dishes that I have no idea what they're called. They usually have something to do with humus and beans.
    For birthdays we typically have cake and pizza with coke or sweet tea to drink. Sometimes we grill out (what others call barbecue. BBQ has a different meaning here: slow-cooked chicken or pork with barbecue sauce over it served in a bun or by itself, usually accompanied with Cole slaw, which I think is gross and just that. everything else is grilling out.) Man, the more I think about get-togethers, the more I realize how much pizza we eat. I guess it's the crowd-pleaser. The other night when we first arrived at Mom's house we had chicken n' dumplings. Mom also made too many deviled eggs, which I love, so I didn't complain. All we have for leftovers today is all the desserts, which were too many like apple pie, pumpkin pie, 7-layer bars, donuts (store bought), carrot cake, chocolate-frosted cupcakes, and something else I can't remember. Basically, there's no "real food" from Thanksgiving left. I'll probably break into the leftover chicken n' dumplings and/or get a McRib on the way home (and I don't care what they're made of!).

@TheGeekGamez For me, it's my s3 game that's dragging, which is why I haven't played it in over a year. That's sad because it's my favorite. It drags because of the beautiful cc hair that I have installed. I was slowly weaning myself away from them, but it would still run like a sloth through thick mud. It's for that reason that I haven't installed a ton of CC on my s4 game, so I'm wondering if your s4 cc that you think is mucking it up is hair--due to the polygons or whatever. Of course, it could also be that 2 script/core mods are messing with each other.

@lisabee2 Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that. Maybe it'll cool down my Mac some.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    You're all making me hungry :D
    Also answering the question.
    Let me first say we don't have big get togethers, the last one was my uncle's wedding in Sept. 2013 and that was only some of the family.

For birthdays it's usual cake and whatever else the person wants. I haven't attended any graduations yet in my life as graduations in the country are for University only (I think, could be wrong) and none of my family have been so far (at least as far as I know). :D

Christmas is Turkey, mashed potato etc. New years day is the leftover vegetables etc from christmas.

Weddings is usual whatever the couple arrange (i've only been to two, one in 2013 and another when I was like 5 so I don't remember that one).
    edited November 2017
    @mypalsim1 My sims 3 game runs surprisingly well. It will have days where it crashes every 3 minutes, but there are also times where I can do the craziest things for hours without it breaking a sweat. My game is completely mod free though. Sims 4 is the first game I learned how to mod and it completely screwed over my last laptop because i had accidentally downloaded a virus. Now because of my story there are mods I can't delete without breaking my game. I'm mostly talking about an increase household size mod because the Colesons are a big bunch. I plan on deleting it once The household size has been ...reduced.

also @Bugsie2016 I've been reading what are we really made of and I'm loving it!
    Edit: What's the deal with those apocalyptic redheads and the Corleonesi's anyway? ;)
    @mypalsim1 My sims 3 game runs surprisingly well. It will have days where it crashes every 3 minutes, but there are also times where I can do the craziest things for hours without it breaking a sweat. My game is completely mod free though. Sims 4 is the first game I learned how to mod and it completely screwed over my last laptop because i had accidentally downloaded a virus. Now because of my story there are mods I can't delete without breaking my game. I'm mostly talking about an increase household size mod because the Colesons are a big bunch. I plan on deleting it once The household size has been ...reduced.

also @Bugsie2016 I've been reading what are we really made of and I'm loving it!
    Edit: What's the deal with those apocalyptic redheads and the Corleonesi's anyway? ;)

Thanks and I have no idea what the deal is. They do love to pick on them. :D

Uk2Rhih.jpg

I've never heard about thiss! Does it help?

OH for sure it does. and does not impact your game saves at all.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    yes, I have deleted that file recently and all my other cache files too. I haven't done the repair game thing yet. I think it's the mods I have in combination with running the game form a pretty old laptop. I will have to delete some mods I guess, but there are certain mods I just can't do without.
    I'll try the repair game thing soon. Thanks for the help!

You are so very welcome .. it really can correct so much. This is something I do right after every update (they say you do not need to remove mods but it is so easy to remove them that I still do) .. with so much code flying around (Sims 4 has over 11,000 lines) the files cannot help but get a bit wonky after a while. Repair takes all the little errant bits and puts them back (a bit like defrag used to do on our computers) .. it takes only a very few minutes to do it too.

If your localthumbcache gets too big (and it gets big quickly) it will impact your load time
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger